Michael Bradley's Fugue in B Major

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by roboatse, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New thread. Change the title as you see fit.

2. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Good title, and the mods can add the appropriate fugue number.

I was thinking of a way to fit Götterdämmerung into a new thread title, but that applies more to Gladbach than Bradley so it doesn't really work.

3. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I of course can't claim any credit for the title but someone had to make the new one. As far as starting the discussion. If gladbach gets relegated, you think MB will stay in Germany or move somewhere like England, Italy or Spain or even France?

4. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Would like to see him go to Italy might be a good fit him play wise so England. I don't know which team in Italy but I think he could do well out in Serie A.

5. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard Galatassary are interested in him. He's cheap and pretty good, they are in need of CM.

6. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd also like to see MB try Italy, if he were to move. We've got players in the Premiership already, but Italy is still new ground; the Lalas thing in the 1990's was a lark and the Onyewu signing a disappointment. Plus, the Italian press seemed to like MB, at least based on Scotty's translations from last summer -- the "Yankee Cambiasso" they called him, I think.

But, I'm in no rush to see him leave Germany. He continues to grow as a player there, with his passing, especially longer passing, having taken a step up this year. Plus, the Bundesliga is rising in general, too. Helping Gladbach stay up is better than seeing them drop. Plus, since I can read German and not Italian, I can continue to read about his play from local sources, which I couldn't do in Italian.

If one of the two new CB's Gladbach signed proves good enough to start, and if Dante returns to the lineup in good form at CB, then Daems can return to left back and the back line could stabilize. Getting to the 16th spot and the relegation playoff would be possible then, especially if Hanke can score a few goals.

7. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    If by some miracle BMG aren't relegated, would Bradley choose to stay? He seems like a loyal guy but relegation fighting for several years may be the push for him to leave the Bundesliga. That being said I'd love for him to stay in Germany but then again seeing him start on a PL side would be kinda cool.

9. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://torfabrik.de/profis/borussia/datum/2010/12/30/nach-vorne-schauen.html

According to Torfabrik, Bobadilla, Meeuwis, and Callsen-Bracker are not in their plans for the second half of the season, and are free to find other clubs. I'm glad to see Bobadilla on the way out; what a frustrating and largely unproductive player he has been, in spite of having some skills.

They are happy with the pairing of Bradly and Marx, backed up by Neustädter. There is a hint that the new kid Nordtveit is versatile enough to play as a #6 (he did so in Nürnberg), but was signed as a defender for the center or on the right.

They think Brouwers and Dante could both be back soon, and that Stranzl is an experienced guy who can contribute.

Hanke is seen as the #1 forward, supported by de Camargo and Idrissou.

The manager said they didn't want a radical make-over, but were focussed on getting help for their identified weak spots.

The 3 newcomers are under contract for 2.5 years and are aware that they may drop with the team. I wonder if Nordtveit might be viewed as cover in central midfield if Gladbach is relegated and Bradley is sold.

10. roboatse

roboatse Member

Oct 4, 2010
    seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have trouble separating Football Manager 2011 with reality it seems. I was managing arsenal and Nordtveit was too whiny to want on my team. I hope that is just randomization from the game and not reality.

That said, I really hope Bradley stays in Bundesliga as it is my favorite to watch

11. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Nordveit play with Nurnburg last season, really good young player. that was a great pickup by BMG. the games i saw he played right back.

if they wanted more cheap defensive re-enforcements, Stoor is free to go from Fulham. Good right back for this level

12. supercooper

supercooper Red Card

Jun 23, 2008
    Gladbach is going down. They are historically beyond awful. The patient needs radical surgery and the coach wants a bandaid. If I were Mike,
    I'd try to leave now, lest he be further implicated in this mess.

13. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^Not really gladbach offensively have been decent..just there defense was pitiful..if they had their starters in the back they would be midtable.

14. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Anyone have any idea where Arango will end up if they drop?

Hell of a player.... I wouldnt mind seeing him in the MLS... But he still has ALOT left in the tank.

15. quinn

quinn Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Arango has been a bit of a dissappointment to me so far... especially due to his red card.

16. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah i havent been too impressed either, just my own opinion. again one of those dr jeckyl mr hyde players. I think if BMG survive they look to upgrade that side.

17. quinn

quinn Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Long term herrmann might be the upgrade with Reus switching sides. Decamargo is playing fairly well, it could be a decent strike force, but they get the ball in crappy positions and aren't really playing for eachother at the moment.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeaaaa.... I can't say I've followed Arango or much of the bundesliga.... but he has been FANTASTIC for venezuela vs. mexico and bolivia... heck in qualifers too in the past. He is a monster of a player.... too bad germany didnt seem like much of a fit. Probably needs to go back to spain.

But on bradley, I wouldnt mind seeing him in Italy either! Would make for an interesting move....

19. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that has to be what it is cuz yeah i saw him play a national team game for venezuela and he was absolutely beast. Hes just a La Liga player who cant make a transition im thinking. Which is fine, he can probably head back over there. Real Betis might be interested when they come back up.

20. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know kicker isn't the end all be all of player evaluations, but they have Arango as the worst midfielder in the Bundesliga.

Interestingly, Mikael Silvestre went from Arsenal to being kicker's worst rated player in the Bundesliga.

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Trust me.... if you dont know anything from him outside of his time with 'Gladbach, I can understand....

But he is a SERIOUSLY talented player. His FKs are some of the best in south america, his dribble, speed, and ability to score on some runs were fantastic also.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRIzhnwBr_s"]YouTube - Juan Arango[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKGmvxpyBg"]YouTube - Juan Arango - Mejores Goles[/ame]

Ironic highlight of some stuff while at gladbach'.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dga9fr3R4lw"]YouTube - Juan Arango - Caribbean Hurricane[/ame]

His amazing FKs vs. Mexico in mexico, where mexico lost to venezuela. :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df3JTIF_iwc"]YouTube - Juan Arango y la Vinotinto 10-12-10[/ame]

22. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for most gladbach players this first season has been a wash with all the injuries and no depth to back them up.

23. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, I was aware of him, he's a good player. He just hasn't been very consistent in the games I've seen this season.

24. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  25. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just in case some people still haven't figured out Michael's dedication to the game:
    It seems interesting that he finishes this part of the piece saying that there is more to Michael's life than soccer, because he basically just got done saying that Michael's life is completely built around soccer.