Michael Bradley Contract

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Giovinco is gone and has been replaced (as a DP if not like for like) by Pozuelo. Altidore has been re-signed in the second DP slot. That leaves only Michael Bradley as a question mark for TFC DPs.

He is playing well and hasn't had many injuries. He will also be 32 by the end of the season.

What do you think? Should TFC be looking to re-sign him to an extension as they did with Altidore? Let his contract expire and discuss things with him in the off season? Let his contract expire and have a replacement ready to sign in the off season?

2. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They should try their best to convince him to take a TAM deal with a guarantee of a coaching job after his career is over. Despite his age, he's still an integral part of the team and someone who I'd like to see end his career here.

whitbytfcfan and Polygong repped this.
  3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    So keep him but not use a DP slot for him. I like that idea if he would go for it. I think he has at least a couple of good years left (if not enough to warrant another DP contract) and can offer a lot as a mentor and locker room leader.

4. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think he is as good as gone to be with his dad in LA to finish off his career