Michael Arroyo

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by ecua_toriano, May 25, 2010.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Today he made a statement. 4 goals. Why he's not being called up for the NT is really pissing me off. I'm hoping this makes it impossible for him to continue being ignored. Loved this guy since I first saw him play, and stand by my opinion.

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Damn straight…take him as a center-back instead of Achilier for god's sake! Nobody in our national squad can score goals like that 3rd goal of his today, NOBODY.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Man his goal are freaking sick. Top class goals. Who would he replace though in the starting line up? Castillo?

4. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    He's back! Arroyo has emerged with a new hair cut and a slimmer waist-line.

5. lav92

lav92 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Love to see a guy fight for his place in our world cup squad. I think Caicedo should take notes. Arroyo was always one of my favorite soccer players, since the 420 days! ;)

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    The video doesn't show his 3rd goal entirely. It's not just that he scores a sick powerful long-distance goal…it's that he made the whole play. It started from the halfway line and he was doing one-two's with his teammates and opened up some space to take the shot. He scores and he creates.

Rueda is certainly going to be asked about Arroyo now. It will be interesting to see how he responds.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #132 b9d23m89, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    I agree. UNLESS it's Edison Mendez or Walter Ayovi, but Walter is a left back on the NT and Mendez doesn't start either. We NEED this type of player on the field. If Arroyo played behind Ener, I think we got something interesting. IMO it would work out just like Fidel. The only advantage Fidel has is that he is good with positioning himself for a center whether he has to just tap the ball in or head it. Arroyo doesn't exactly have those qualities, but when it comes to creating a play, setting up his teammate, gambetear, long shots, and free kicks Arroyo is beast and could be of very great use.

I'll continue saying this....Felipe YOU ARE IN TROUBLE. Rueda was not kididng when he said "Yo ni se si Felipe estara en el Mundial". If Marlon does well in the last few games, and Ener, Fidel, and Michael continue what they're doing Felipe is in huge trouble. Right now I see the competition being Felipe vs. Joao Rojas vs. Marlon if we take 5 guys as forwards. This NT is more likely to play without a 9 in this WC the way it looks unless it's Marlon.

Personally I think Ener, Fidel, and Michael are winning the race. There's 1-2 spots left and I think that will be Felipe, Joao, or Marlon.

8. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I think Felipe gets it simply because he saved our ass so many times in the qualifiers...against Bolivia twice, Chile, Paraguay. We know he has the quality but he is definitely a form player that only does well when he's confident.

Back to Michael...I'm trying to remember the last professional competitive game where 1 player scored 4 goals. Last one I remember is Messi against a German club team.

9. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    wow just saw arroyos goals,respect!we really need this guy on the nt,no one else is making set goals like he is.Rueda better start paying attention to him.

10. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/43075

He's clearly talking about Michael Arroyo. Because Michael Arroyo only had one or two good games in history.

Wow I really dislike Rueda. What a dick. What would you think if you were Arroyo and read this in the press?

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    i really want him the f*** out asap hes never going to change he relying and focusing on the same players over and over again i want him out and i never want to have a Colombian coach for the national team again i want all these f****** extranjeros out of Ecuador i cant take this any more im sick of all of them

lav92 repped this.
  13. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    not only is he a dick,hes a talentless hack,with no original game tactics,lets remember that whenever this "maestro" has tried to implement "his game" the other team puts 3 on us and he has to go back to our usual set up.Im so glad that on radio caravana "los comentaristas rip this guy to shred,just like we do..

14. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I saw the game and although his goal was on a PK, the rest of the game he was as dominant and dangerous as usual, very creative, very skillful and clever. He is taking this team on his back and hopefully can save them from relegation.

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'll go out and say Arroyo is most likely the best ecuadorian right now playing in Mexico. Some may say Ener is, but reality is Arroyo is playing in a team that is going through a tough situation fighting relegation and he's putting the team on his back and scoring goals and winning 3 points for his team consistently. Ener Valencia is too, but at least he has better players surrounding him but what Arroyo is doing is a very difficult thing to do. He beats Joao out of the NT in my book. There's no way i'd take Joao over Arroyo right now. No way in hell. But one thing to put out there is that both teams are extremely dependent on both these players. I think only Jurgen Damm (the right midfielder for Pachuca) is the only player on Pachuca that isn't ecuadorian that has scored a goal this season. Almost all goals have been scored by Ener, 1 by Walter Ayovi, and 1 by Alex Colon. To be quite honest, I don't even remember if that kid Damm's goal was scored in a league game or the Copa MX, but it's pretty crazy how dependent Pachuca is on Ener. Had Ener not been signed this season by Pachuca, they would've lost 99% of their games b/c he scores well over 90-95% of their goals period. He's more than vital to that team. They'd be at the very bottom without him. Both Atlante and Pachuca are really dependent on both these ecuas.

Manolo repped this.
  17. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    It's MUCH harder to do what Arroyo is doing. For example since last season we have all been saying that Montero can't shine because Morelia is not a good team, but frankly Arroyo is making that excuse look very weak.

Rueda talks about "1 or 2 good games"? But Montero is the one who had that awesome hat-trick last season and since then unfortunately hasn't done anything too impressive.

Of course Montero is a legend for the key goals he scored in qualifying and he is one of the players who is guaranteed to start in Brasil, but I agree that TODAY Arroyo is the best, most consistently performing Ecua in that league and deserves to be on the list.

18. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  19. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I really hope Rueda stops being a vindictive ass and brings Arroyo to the WC, when he shows up no doubt that he will be a revelacion type player.

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It be so badass if both Arroyo and Ener top the league in scoring by the end of the season. Also would like to see Martinez up there too but I doubt it. He has to play champions game semifinal so he is saved up by his coach and doesn't play much in the league it seems.

21. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  22. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

23. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Que golazo from Arroyo. Saving America right now.

25. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Phenomenal!! His last 2 goals have been absolutely sensational!