Miazga!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Zamphyr, Aug 11, 2015.

1. DerrickEtienneJr

DerrickEtienneJr New Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Paris
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They did it good actually :)

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Gee, if I was counseling him, I would have advised him to wait a year and go to Germany, too.

kokoplus10 repped this.
  4. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Zamphyr repped this.
  5. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    And how does this help his development? And for the more literal-minded, how does this help him become a Chelsea first-teamer?

6. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IF he wins the starting job he gets minutes in a decent league. That's good for development. Not a great league mind you. Not a crap one either.

I don't care if he's ever a Chelsea player. At this point I want him to develop his full potential for the USMNT and/or for a return trip back to RBNY.

Woodrow and msilverstein47 repped this.
  7. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Fair enough. I just know that Vitesse are decent team doing well with an established backline. He's got his work cut out for him.

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FRIDAY
    Matt Miazga entered as an 87th minute substitute in Vitesse’s 2-0 win ADO Den Haag.

11. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Feel for Matt. I think he left too early and is now stalling his career. If he would've stayed, he will probably be an MLS All Star and be on the National Team by now. Instead he's fighting for minutes on Vitesse. I'd say if he doesn't get minutes next year you have to look into coming back to MLS otherwise he's just going to rot.

Woodrow and jeremydneezy repped this.
  12. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think he left too soon, but he definitely left for the wrong opportunity. If he would have signed with a team like Vitesse or another team at that level initially then it would have turned out better. They would have seen him as their investment and worked far harder to integrate him into the squad. Every single person I talked with at the time of his departure agreed that going to Chelsea was about the worst possible option for him in terms of development.
    An EPL team in the bottom half or a Championship team would have been far better bets if he was dead set on going to England.

13. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yeah, that's the thing. When you're going over as a young player, and agents should be counseling them with this information, you need a club that has the opportunities to move up. That's what makes the Low Countries such a great starting point, young players can get this opportunities early. For example, Miazga would pick a Dutch club that needs depth in central defense, maybe one that is the Europa League, giving him rotational opportunities. The trouble with Vitesse is they had an established CB pairing and no Europe. Then after a year, maybe he gets picked up by a Feyenoord or some mid-table German club and he's on his way.

I don't get the England/Chelsea obsession. With his Polish passport he could have literally gone anywhere there was a good opportunity and played right away. It's tragic. He should fire his agent, because he was given some really bad advice.

I said it back then, and I'll repeat it now. Going for the big money quick is a bad choice if he's back in MLS within 2-3 years with his tail tucked between his legs. [Sigh]

msilverstein47 repped this.
  14. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    went the distance in defense as Vitesse won the first major trophy in their 125-year history with a 2-0 KNVB Cup final win over AZ Alkmaar on Sunday. The former NYRB center back became the fifth American to raise the Dutch Cup, joining John O'Brien, DaMarcus Beasley, Jozy Altidore and Aron Johannsson.

EvanJ and Woodrow repped this.
  20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dutch Cup winner starts in the Europa League Group Stage, so if Miazga stays he'll get to play in an international competition.

21. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nice!

22. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004