Miazga!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Zamphyr, Aug 11, 2015.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, he can't. That's what cap-tying is all about. Before last night, he would have had to file a one-time switch to play for Poland. But play a big boy competitive match and there's no going back. Under current rules, it's now too late to switch.

2. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    My mistake, I didn't realize that A matches excluded making a later switch. Good for the USA.

3. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am pretty sure that he is now signed, sealed, and delivered to the US, no turning back. The one-time switch only applies if the player has played an official international at the youth level, not at the senior level.

EDIT: I replied without reading through the full thread. Sorry for the redundancy.

4. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Well, someone at Red Bull agrees with me.

msilverstein47 repped this.
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Having the mental maturity and fortitude to handle the stresses of a high pressure environment is an ability in itself. Whether or not anyone has bothered to measure this aspect of his game, anecdotally we have seen the examples of his immaturity. I also believe he could clean up his game considerably, making better decisions and improving his passing out of the back. Playing high level, competitive games on a consistent basis is by far the best means to improve it. If he jumps too soon, it will set back his development. Whether or not he can overcome this problem is the question he will have to answer for himself.

msilverstein47 repped this.
  8. Leondecollao

Leondecollao Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    In case you guys hadn't seen this....

EvanJ repped this.
  9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about a difference in competition if Miazga and Lawrence go to a club trying to stay in first in the Premier League.

10. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the schedule's out, I'll bump this.

Potential RB misses would be Saturday March 19th v. Houston and Friday April 1st @ NE.

Top priority would be the USMNT qualifiers, away 25th, in Ohio 29th. Most likely no camp/miss if he's called; official FIFA dates that MLS is breaking on.

Second priority is the U23 USMNT Olympic Qualifying. Not scheduled but home-away with Colombia sometime between March 21-19. If there's a camp, he's away early and misses the 19th. If it's Colombia away on the 29th, he may not miss anything but may be fatigued on 4/1.

Woodrow repped this.
  11. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Busy schedule.

12. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #37 patrickdavila, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  13. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither Matt nor Red Bull can turn down the money. However, IMO it's a terrible move. He's not going to start for them and is either going to ride the pine or enter loan after loan after loan. Purgatory for a kid his age who needs games to refine his skills. I had hoped that he would go to a lesser league to develop more. Oh well. As Clint Dempsey said: "Training in England is a war" and he had better be up for it. Time to separate the men from the boys. Is he a Bradley type or an Adu type? We'll soon find out.

Best of luck to him and many thanks for all his contributions to the Red Bulls. He will be missed VERY much this year.

goindownsouth repped this.
  14. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with everything here. I hoped he would go to a team where he immediately would be in the mix for regular playing time, maybe a down table EPL team or someone in Ligue 1 or the Eredivisie. That will not be the case at Chelsea. They currently have over 30 players out on loan!!!!!!
    I think RBNY has to bring in a formidable CB now. Again, I'm fine with DP, Zubar and Ouimette being 2-4 on the CB depth chart, but the back line is calling out for a talented guy in the 21-18 age range.

15. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    #40 Woodrow, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Well, this is not very nice. Secret Footballer

The bright side is that Hiddink is one of the only high level European managers I know who have given Yanks a chance. I still fondly remember Da Beazer's exploits for PSV during his tenure.

16. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    goindownsouth and kokoplus10 repped this.
  17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/us...2/3/10907600/matt-miazga-chelsea-roster-numer

That Miazga was named to Chelsea's Champions League roster is somewhat notable, especially considering that he made the squad ahead of Radamel Falcao, but it's still not much of a surprise. Falcao is the only non-youth player that was left off of Chelsea's roster and he hasn't played a match since October, with the Blues making no secret of their desire to offload him. Miazga probably won't play in the Champions League anyway, but making the roster is nice, no matter the circumstances.
    So Miazga is going to be available for selection in all of Chelsea's competitions for the remainder of the season. And he's going to be wearing No. 20. You can go buy your jerseys now.

goindownsouth repped this.
  18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matt Miazga made his debut for Chelsea's Under-21 side on Friday night,working all 90 minutes in a 2-1 win over Leicester City.

EvanJ repped this.
  19. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://sbisoccer.com/2016/03/chelseas-hiddink-looking-to-give-chances-to-young-players-like-miazga

In his press conference on Friday, Blues head coach Guus Hiddink admitted a top four finish in the league was likely out of reach, and so opportunities for fringe and youth players on the team to play will likely be given in the coming weeks.
    “There are chances that younger players can get their opportunity,” he said on Chelsea TV, “but without any guarantee from me. They need to knock on the door.”

20. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He looked bad last night. Riding the pine isn't helping him.

He needs a loan where he's going to play ASAP otherwise this move has the potential to severely impact his development and his career as a whole.

21. jeremydneezy

jeremydneezy Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who could have possibly foreseen this situation (except everyone)? :rolleyes:

CANPRO, Woodrow and kokoplus10 repped this.
  22. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    What an absolute cluster**** that whole U-23 team was, looked like men against boys out there. Like everyone else, Matt looked terrible, half the time cause the entire defense/midfield weren't communicating and covering for each other, half the time cause he just wandered himself into no-mans land.

He's not getting a loan until the end of the summer, that much we knew from the start. Fingers crossed he goes somewhere that will give him a legit shot at playing.

23. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hey, at least he's getting paid.:whistling:

24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    went the full 90:

Player ratings
    Aston Villa:
    Guzan (5), Hutton (4), Richards (5), Lescott (5), Cissokho (6), Westwood (6), Gana (5), Gil (6), Sanchez (5), Ayew (7), Gestede (5)

Chelsea: Courtois (7), Azpilicueta (7), Ivanovic (7), Miazga (8), Baba (6), Fabregas (8), Mikel (7), Pedro (8), Loftus-Cheek (8), Kenedy (6), Remy (5)

http://www.skysports.com/football/a-villa-vs-chelsea/341498

EvanJ repped this.