Miazga, fight like Julius Civilis against the Romans: Lazio-Vitesse 11/23 19:00 CEST

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Nov 22, 2017.

1. [​IMG]SS Lazio - Vitesse[​IMG]

https://www.ad.nl/champions-league-en-europa-league/pasveer-met-vitesse-naar-rome~aa297202/

https://www.gelderlander.nl/sport/w...j-vitesse-voor-clash-met-lazio-roma~a7f1e61b/

upload_2017-11-22_15-26-59.jpeg
    Mason Mount, hier in actie tegen Zulte-Waregem, is een van de spelers die in het basisteam van Vitesse lijkt te gaan staan tegen Lazio Roma. © ANP Pro Shots
    Wisselingen op komst bij Vitesse voor clash met Lazio Roma

ARNHEM - Trainer Henk Fraser zinspeelt op wisselingen in de basis bij Vitesse voor het duel met Lazio Roma. Naast doelman Jeroen Houwen mogen ook Julian Lelieveld, Mukhtar Ali en Mason Mount uitkijken naar een Europese wedstrijd.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I fear they will fare more like King Poppo v. the Franks...

(above says Henk to make some changes for Lazio - 4 players named expected to start.)

3. Lazio isnot fielding all the stars, like Immobile (such an impropriate name for a deadly striker), de Vrij etc.
    So who knows.
    Defense and attack limited.

4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I think Vitesse is out of sync. Hope I'm wrong, but this does not seem to be their year. I think they'll land 8-10, Fraser gone, and cranky fans.

Again, hope I'm wrong, but things don't feel right in Arnehm.

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    sometime poster Lars (vitessefc) predicts Dabo-less line-up:

933011491510538240 is not a valid tweet id

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Looks like Fraser keeps Pasaveer in goal. Also Linssen and Serero. Vitesse might have a shot at some pride points.

HartwickFan, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big game for Matt.

8. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miazga steps forward to win the ball in midfield and gets a foul call in his favor.

HartwickFan and Winoman repped this.
  9. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Linssen scores a very nice FK goal for Vitesse.

HartwickFan, Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Linssen's FK goal was a beaut. Vitesse is doing quite well against the Lazio U-21 squad...

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Looks like it's a million degrees on the field. Only 40 in and both teams look like they're playing in a sauna. (wait, must be rain... or dust on my screen... what I get for watching on my phone while my uncle gives longest thanksgiving prayer in recorded history... And thanks for the wheel, and opposable thumbs...)

wixson7, Gacm32 and Winoman repped this.
  12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    well hit volley sneaks in near post. 1-1. MM not involved at all.

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terrible goal to give up

14. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miazga played well today.

Gacm32 and HartwickFan repped this.
  15. MM had a good match, played very focused.

16. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Only really watched the 1st half. Caught bits and pieces of second. Matt seems to be taking more and more charge in the back - still second in command to cap'n Kashia but seems to feel the ability to step up more.

Lazio is not a poor team although this was not their A team today. Vitesse looked fairly dangerous at times. Hope they can get their Ered season back on track.

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Our buddy Lars gave MM a very eccumenical 6. Keeper get the "near post 4" Also known as the "Fat Tony."

933785527811297280 is not a valid tweet id

Winoman repped this.
  18. Wonder what his ratings were after the 4-1 defeats recently. Must have been brutal;)

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I posted them in a thread someplace. Can't recall off hand - 4 and 5's I think. but Dabo got a -10 in the game last week. That was a first, I think...

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Lars thought the 1-4 v. Lazio was a particularly poor game for MM (went back to look) His ratings:

924631719285846016 is not a valid tweet id

21. One of my complaints about current Dutch soccer is the lack of movement by the players (which equates passing opportunities) and the riskless sideway/back passing in the defense.
    Yesterday Vitesse again did the same. When I thought: pass the ball quickly forwards to a free player, they sucked speed and space out by passing sideways.

Eredivisie players, especially those not at Feyenoord, PSV and Ajax (maybe PEC Zwolle too) are far too keen to play in their physical comfort zone. Pedestrian in their movement in most of the time of a match. When, like yesterday Lazio was in the attack and many players up front, Vitesse had the opportunity to bring the ball fast behind all those Lazio players and have space and few Lazio players to get passed. But what in 99% of the broken off Lazio attacks did they f*ck*ng do? Play a ball back or sideways giving the Italian team the time to reorganize. That includes the goalies too, as they almost always, after grabbing the ball, give it to a defender, even if there is a big chance to put the ball behind many opponent players.
    As I have been moaning about for so long the Eredivisie players are too lazy to be constantly on the move.

Winoman repped this.
  22. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t think that is specific to Eredivisie. The vast majority of teams I’ve seen prefer to play it safe with sideways passes, which like you pointed out, is due to lack of incisive off the ball movement.

23. Well, that means it would've been better to play with 10 men than with him on the pitch:eek:

24. I would have been a great coach, I would go by the nick name "The True and Only One":cool:

Gorky repped this.