Miami Stadium

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by alexp92, Dec 15, 2007.

1. NF-FC

NF-FC Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Niagara Falls
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's SkyDome, the Next Generation!

[​IMG]

haha I love it

2. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Marlins' future stadium looks nice. Real nice.

3. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's what I'm talking about baby!! Great to finally see the Marlins' building!

4. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its nice but I really don't see the SSS in those plans, that does have me worried, although I did suggest the Miami Arena, I don't think it would be a possibility.

5. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it looks good, but I'll believe it when I see it. Let's hope that the city & county commissions give it a *yes* vote today. Then they, or someone, can tell us where the SSS went. I'm beginning to think that Claure will have to be like Joe Robbie & build his own stadium. The question now seems to be where it will be built. Things are getting to be interesting in the Magic City. Nothing new in that...;)

6. FIUPantherFan

FIUPantherFan Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The following are photos of the FH taken a few days ago. Walls are going up all around the fieldhouse and the inside is being put together. The fieldhouse will house offices, meeting rooms, an auditorium, a 14K SQFT weight room, medical facilities, locker room and will add 6 new luxury boxes that will overlook the field. Go F I U!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The city just killed the stadium deal.

8. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much so. The 2 - 2 tie in the vote means that the deal does not pass. The Marlins & City of Miami officials are sequestered at City Hall trying to salvage the deal that City Commissioner Marc Sarnoff scuttled. Maybe it will be saved, maybe not.

9. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to add; the Marlins President was shown on Channel 7's "First at Four" saying that if they have to renegotiate this stadium agreement they will also renegotiate the non-relocation agreement. I think that Mr Loria and company are pissed off. Very much so. Incredible. Welcome to Miami, home of some major league sports, and more than a few bush league politicians.

As I said, we'll see.

ETA: The Commission has adjourned after tabling the stadium deal. They will review & vote on March 12th, 2009 when the commissioner that is out on maternity leave returns to cast her vote. The fun continues.

10. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this falls through, I honestly hope Sarnoff is voted out of office for the stunt he pulled.

11. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was some grade-A bullshit he tried. Okay, if your not satisfied with the deal, fine, but it's THE SAME DEAL THEY APPROVED A YEAR AGO. If he had problems with it he should have brought it up sometime in the last 12 months, before voting already started, so that they could have been worked out beforehand.

At least semi-cooler heads prevailed and they didn't kill the deal completely. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks the commissioners will back up all their talk about "wanting to keep the Marlins here" and "supporting the building of the stadium".

12. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well barca should take part of the OB Site and Build the SSS.... i'm tired of passing by it everyday and seeing nothing but a City of Miami Parking lot for thier cars..

13. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

we have the same bureaucrat shit in Tampa with our stadium....

14. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they end up building the proposed Rays' park. I love the design.

However, I made my first trip to Tropicana Field last year and I must say, it's a fine building... for a fixed dome. It was so refreshing to hear thunder and lighting during the game and not having to go huddle under the Dolphins Stadium concourse to stay dry lol.

I think the Marlins deal will be worked out. None of the commissioners want the team to leave, and I don't think the team wants that either. They have a few weeks to work out the kinks in the deal.

Some potential for a SSS at the OB site is that the Marlins, to guarantee the city there will be no cost overruns for the parking garages, have said they will only build the number of spots that can be built for $94 million. So, in the end, this may mean that only 3 of the proposed 4 garages are built, leaving room on the site for a nice cozy SSS that can help fill the garages and earn income for the city. If Miami gets the MLS team and SSS talks heat up, I'm sure city officials would push for the OB site, especially considering the way they were bitching about getting revenues from the Marlins' deal last Friday.

15. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It won't mean anything. The pro-stadium people kept reminding us that building material costs are going down. It's far more likely it will come in under budget than over.

16. NF-FC

NF-FC Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Niagara Falls
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This is the man that killed the Montreal Expos. I hope your fate is better than theirs

17. FIUPantherFan

FIUPantherFan Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand your frustration but right now Sarnoff is probably more loved than hated by the majority of the South Florida community. If you put this stadium up for a vote it doesn't pass and it's not even close (60-40 at best against a stadium). He will win the PR battle simply because it looks like he's looking out for South Florida residents. His 3 points:

1. If there is an overrun in the Parking Facilities the Marlins should share in the over run.
    2. If the Marlins are sold (flipped) and their value is increased due to the new stadium which is publicly funded, the City should share in the profits.
    3. Naming rights revenue on a City funded facility should be shared.

If you asked most Miami residents if they thought those provisos were reasonable, they would say Yes. It's really a tough perception battle to win, especially when the final outflow of cash from local government is in the $1.5-2.0 Billion dollar range once the interest is considered. Money which could be used to update other local structures that may attract significantly more tourists than a Marlins ballpark. After all, most of these taxes are designed to increase and/or maintain South Florida's tourism economy. People should be able to see all sides to an argument, and Sarnoff makes a reasonable argument.

At the end of the day, I think (hope?) it passes, but not without a fight and some concessions from the Marlins.

18. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking about the Rowdies stadium deal which fell thru and they will probably find a site somewhere near St. Petersburg, they will play their inaugural year at UT or USF