Miami MLS site

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by alexp92, Dec 26, 2007.

1. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Major League Soccer's board of governors is meeting Wednesday in New York and one topic not high on the agenda but quite likely to be broached, even informally, is the matter of names for the new expansion teams.

Seattle begins play in 2009. Philadelphia will follow in 2010. St. Louis is an odds-on favorite for 2011, and Montreal, Atlanta, Vancouver, Miami, Portland and New York all are jostling for position behind them.

I'll just wait in five, six years they will have a MLS2 with Tampa and a promotion/relegation system:)

2. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A new Miami Soccer Fan podcast is up on www.miamisoccerfan.com. This past week we were at the MFC press conference. I was able to talk to MFC President Aaron Davidson about MFC and MLS in Miami. Check it all out.
    [​IMG]

3. Miami_Soccer

Miami_Soccer New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Miami FL
    Great podcast! After hearing that, I think I understand a little better the comments D. Garber made a week or so ago, when he said "We are thinking about what should we be doing with teams 17 and 18 and what we do with teams 19 and 20 and what impact that has on our TV contracts, how does it fit with our player pool and our continued discussions with U.S. Soccer on the player limitations. There are so many different things now that are convincing us that we should take a step back and create a strategic plan before we announce 17 and 18. We do have offers for 17 and 18, two different markets, but we put those deals on hold until we have had a better chance to create our plan." I think it all kind of fits... the fact that a big player like Nike is the new owner of USL, and that USL has a presence, in 4 or 5 possible MLS expansions cities; Miami, Montreal, Atlanta, Vancouver, and Portland (Only St. Louis and NYC2 don't have USL), means that negociation process is going to be a little more complicated, and that patience is a must.

Does anyone smell a merger ??? I do.

4. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yea especially if Montreal is the next team in...

Just think what a merger would do to USL expansion ....every city will try to get a USL team which will be great for the sport

5. MLSTAMPA

MLSTAMPA New Member

Apr 13, 2008
  6. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is everyone? Vamos

7. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting ready for the weekend. We have our big Tailgate Party this Sunday.

8. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer fans!! what are you doing Sunday? nothing you say,well I have something for you to do come to our big Tailgate Party at 4:00 and the see our Miami FC vs Carolina RailHawks game at 6:00 PM at Tropical Park.

10. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    South Florida lets get vocal let everyone know that we want to see MLS come to Florida.

11. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States