Miami MLS General News & Discussion

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Lucho305, May 14, 2014.

1. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    It says a lot that Masoyoshi San, one of the world's most important investors, is part of this. Really speaks to the global appeal of Miami.

2. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have to get this board buzzing!!

Lucho305 repped this.
  4. krusso

krusso Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    WILL HAVE A VIP TICKET TO THE EVENT! ¡Vamos Miami!

Attached Files:

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  5. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Not sure what to expect Monday... I'm a former Fusion season ticket holder, attendee of the Save the Fusion rally in 2001, Striker fan/season ticket holder going back to the late 70s/USL Sun, APSL Strikers, etc....not sure this day would ever come, but oddly, I'm not sure how I feel about the announcement. I've been to a few OCSC games and love the vibe, stadium, etc. up there. They've even got Pinho and PC from the Strikers. They've been my MLS team since they've been in. I feel like Beckham and the rest of them will really need to knock it out of the park Monday to get me amped up about this. (They can start by offering some kind of 'Beckham Express Bus' down from North Broward/South Palm Beach). I don't think I'm the only one in this state of limbo. I remember going to Lockhart in '97 as Horowitz was renovating the stadium...watching the end stands go up, west scoreboard built, press box installed over the old press box, concourses poured--that was an exciting time and I remember it like it was yesterday. It would be cool to feel that way again about MLS 2.0...we will see.

6. Bway_J

Bway_J New Member

May 31, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You realize you'll be able to take Brightline to Metrorail and then walk three blocks to get to the stadium from PB right?

Granitza78, Lucho305 and JulesMIA repped this.
  7. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Good tip...I forgot about the new Brightline service. My problem with TriRail to Metrorail was having to come down that green line, thru stations that had been on the news too many times for shootings and robberies. So according to the map, I can switch from Briteline to Metrorail at Historic Overtown/Lyric Theater and take either green or orange over to the next stop, Culmer...this sounds a lot more doable than the other option. As long as there are later rides from Briteline back to FTL after the game, I'm good to go and will give it a try.

Comparing maps of the Church Street to OCSC stadium vs Briteline to Miami stadium, the distance appears to be about the same. I easily walked from Church St. over, no problem. Does anyone think walking down 5th street from Briteline is a good or bad idea? Can't say I've taken a stroll thru that part of downtown. Thoughts? Opinions? This might be a better alternative than switching over to Metrorail and then walking from Culmer.

Bway_J repped this.
  8. Bway_J

Bway_J New Member

May 31, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once the stadium goes up the safety concerns about foot traffic during events to and from public transit will disappear.

9. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    How are you so sure? Got some info the rest of us don't? I say this because, for those of us who have been in the market from the beginning, we've seen ownership group after ownership group blow into town with the attitude of 'if we build it, they will come'--and they've all fell flat on their face. They've made big initial splashes (trotting out a bloated Ronaldo as part owner, rebranding, announcing prematurely overambitious international tours, the obligatory jugglers, fire eaters, stilt walkers on Opening Day, etc.). Mr. Beckham has a chance to distinguish himself from the others on Monday. What specifically will be done to not only enhance the gameday experience in the stadium but help guarantee a safe to and from the stadium? My own kids are grown and gone from the house, but what can he do to get the legions of suburban families from Weston, Kendall, Wellington, Parkland, Plantation, etc. to the stadium? They're as much needed as the hardcore younger supporters.

The good news is, unlike when Ken Horowitz launched the Fusion, that there are numerous blueprints of how to get all this done. I'm glad they went to KC and met with their owners a few weeks back. They need only to take a look around to other successful markets, borrow what works for them and put a unique Miami/SoFla twist on things.

Oh, and don't launch the team until the stadium is ready. No Marlins Park for Year 1...that building is cursed.

10. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JulesMIA repped this.
  11. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    Fan generated or official?

12. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have two days to ponder

13. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Bway_J

Bway_J New Member

May 31, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I'm saying is that on game day, there will be enough foot traffic headed north towards the Culmar Metrorail station or east on 5th/6th street before after games that it won't feel unsafe. It probably is faster to walk right from Brightline instead of transferring. In addition, due to the development of the stadium commercial foot traffic will increase. There are already two very good restaurants two blocks from the stadium site. It's all changing.

JulesMIA repped this.
  15. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    That's all encouraging, though the Miami site has a lot more permanent residential around it than Orlando's. You're right, the walk from Briteline will be faster than switching to Metro and going over one stop, then walking...

Bway_J repped this.
  16. JulesMIA

JulesMIA Member

MBU
    United States
    Sep 19, 2017
    And there are multiple development sites being built on the river, plus Miami Central will have offices and retail, further activating that area.

Bway_J repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Less than 24 hours away!!

[​IMG]

JulesMIA repped this.
  18. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to Miami Mr. Beckham!
    Here we give kisses on the cheek when we welcome someone to town!

[​IMG]

19. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    15 minutes away...

20. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two minutes to the press conference.

22. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far it seems it was a lie about there being a reveal of the name, colors etc.

23. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep they lied.

24. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC