Miami @ Charleston July 22{R}

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought I'd get this one started early.

Big news is that it looks like Doyle will be out the rest of the season with a PCL (knee injury) after a collision up in Rochester over the weekend. There replacement keeper gave up 5 goals in that match.

New Miami Midfielder Jeff Maetto all got a Red in that match so I doubt he'll be here either.

No word on the Brazilian duo, but I hope they show up this time.

Battery got Armstrong back and If I recall Corcoran was hopeful for this weekend.

We need to continue to win as the table is really tight. we still ahve 4th but with games in hand and a tough schedule ahead.

CMON Battery!!!

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When following the All-Star match last night, some people were wondering why Romario didn't play and a Wed. fans said he saw in a report that he was injured. Anyone have confirmation or do you think it Romario not wanting to travel?

mikey

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pre match report from the Battery HQ

http://www.charlestonbattery.com/matches_previews.asp?cid=267

Romario looks unlikely as he suffered a ankle injury v. rochester,

Daley is also out for one match due to yellow card accumilation.

Glinton, Hollingsworth and Armstrong all scoring consistantly

I expect a win, Ill go with 2-0 but depending on how Miami's back up goalie reacts it could get ugly

go battery!!

mikey

4. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    Sorry I'll miss it - first home match missed this season (and I made the home trials even). I'm sure you can carry on without me. This whole Duff transfering to Spurs then backing out b/c he can get more money playing for the barcodes really has me in a tizzy. Barcodes lineup this year = two injured strikers, 12 midfielders, 3 incompetent defenders, one great keeper. What is their management thinking?? Sorry, this has nothing to do with the Battery, but since Spurs lost Duff to this deal it is occupying the 25% of my brain that's working right now.

5. Duke of Earl

Duke of Earl New Member

Mar 20, 2006
    You have been pretty good thus far in your prognostications. Hope you are on this time. I am still not sure which team is going to show up, and which team is going to be on the field.

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The soccer gods are favoring charlston this weekend so far with the results of last night's matches falling Charleston's way.

A win by charleston tonight would put us tied with Rochester for 3rd place int the standings. We need to win as many matches as we can before we hit that rough Aug. road trip.

Miami will be showing up tonight with less than all ther firepower;

Ramario is not makeing the trip.
    Jeff Maetto and John Pulido are suspended for the match
    Doyle is out for the year and will use new Hampshire Phantoms goalie Matt Parsons on one match loan

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3348759

Here is there traveling squad;
    Hunter Gilstrap, Walter Ramirez, Tre Lee, JP Rodrigues, Mike Erush, Zinho, Mario Rodriguez, Fabian Sandoval, Yaikel Perez, Oscar Gil, Jamil Jean Jaques, Sean Fraser, Allen Handy, Diego Walsh, Mike Adeyemi, and Charlie Koniver

I hope th Battery that played Portland in the USOC show up. I want a resounding win. one that will let the fans know that the players want to win.

the match is going to be available via live video on the webcast. PPV is $4.99
    and you can find the link here: www.charlestonbattery.com/webcast.asp

7. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    Any plans for a tailgate? I'm bringing 7 up and would love to cook some food and kick the ball around with my new ankle.

8. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ill be there with my clan around 6-6:30

I couldn't get in touch with Mocius so I'm going to bring my own just in case.

see ya tonight at the usual place

mikey

9. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    You bring the grill, I'll bring some food and some beer just in case as well.

10. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-0 to the Batteyr. Both goals by Gavin Glinton. both quality goals.

Dusty denided Zhino on a PK and the Battery has some other good chances. Miami presured the mid third but could seem to get a shot on target that really threaten Dusty.

hope fully the ruslts went our way tonight and we gains some point to solidify our posisiton in the table.

on to Minnesota!!!

CMON BATTERY!!!

Mikey

11. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gavin has turned defenately been getting the job done. 11 goals on the season.

here is a article from the post and courier

http://www.charleston.net/stories/?newsID=99075§ion=sports

and the Battery HQ write up

http://www.charlestonbattery.com/matches_report.asp?mid=183

here is the miami write up.

http://oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3349469

I don't feel that Miami "dominated" the match in any way, as they put in the report. The Battery controlled the match were content not to pressure the upper 2/3 of the pitch and while Miami had several more shots on goal most were from 20-30 yards out and rarely troubled Dusty. Miaimi rarely got into the box thanks to the Battery back line.

mikey