Miami-Barcelona Expansion & Bid Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is just a negotiating tactic. MLS probably wants something the Miami bid doesn't want to give up. Now they come out with negative news to deflate MLS.

If it was that Barca was leaving the bid, then the announcement would have reflected that.

2. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well how about, the owner of the Dolphins here? What if he joins Claure and Barca in the ownership of MIami MLS, I mean look at Seattle? I believe one of their strong points and fanbase, is that their team is associated with the NFL team, that makes them bigger because when the Seahawks are not playing they have a soccer team to watch. The way Seattle has their site up is perfect, the teams compliment each other on thier own websites, thats a way of getting the Miami team bigger and better if Barca decides to bail out the bid, and everyone knows here in south florida the dolphins are the biggest and most popular around here...

Call Steve Roth and tell him to join the revolution of Miami MLS!!:D

3. Utherhimo

Utherhimo Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about avioding Maihami and just pick from the other 4 more solid picks?

maimi has always looked like the gold spray painted plastic bid while the other 4 are copper, castiron, steal and brick bids solid just not as flashy...which would you build your house with?

4. shinzui

shinzui New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Gulf Shores
    Official of what? Oliver's statement is so couched in lawyer speak that I can't even decide what it is exactly he is saying. "We are evaluating" isn't close to the same as "We have ended our interest." How on earth have people leapt from "We are evaluating" to the Miami bid is dead?

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey.... How about NO!!
    Just go home and worry about your expansion team. why you have to call us fake? You live in OreyGon, we live in Miami (not Maihami). How whack is Oregon? Look, just because Barca wants out the bid doesn't mean it wont work down here? It didn't work down here for the Miami inaugural seasons (4) because the MLS was a crapt garbage ass league!! The MLS is ten years older and they are starting to get A hair on thier chest!! So Miami with out Barca, can and will work if Barca decide to bail out. MLS was treated here as if it was an extreme sport like hockey is here, but wake up USA!! soccer is a WORLD CLASS sport and way more popular than any major sport in the USA, when MLS had the 3 series games in the play-offs, that was freakin sad, but I guess it was the only way to get them to where they are now. So to everybody else out there who says we are fake, we aint, we don't need Barca to get a team down here, we can get one with out them and still be great. You Know Why,(oh boy now he got me started) because we are Miami, the Magic City, the true city that never sleeps; Miami is the city that everybody despises because of the weather, the beaches, the beautiful women, great sports teams, the people, the lifestyle. So Miami we dont need another team to get a team here or to be great or to be noticed, we just need to believe. we can make it!! jajajaja Miami I Love You!!!!
    So lets go Miami!! Atletico Miami HP!!! Lets make Claure feel that we can do it without Barca, Show your Miami Pride, leave your pride from your background for other things but not for the Miami team, if we get a team here we need to be Miami as one, we have to have the same pride behind this team, put the differences and cultures behind, and bring the Miami culture and pride out.... We are Miami!!!!!

6. EstebanLugo

EstebanLugo Member

Mar 18, 2007
    N of your DB
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How about you stop trolling and GTF Out of here? Go Bring that crap over to the hater-infested N&A. This is the Florida board. You do not belong here, you punk ass moron.

7. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lOL jajajaja you tell em esteban!! Oregon? pfft what a joke!!

8. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Portland Timbers are a team with history, attendance and class, so I wouldn't be dissing Portland since nobody supports the USL and soccer in Miami..I guess this quote by MLS rumours states it all:

It's, like, gonna be insane. Barca are 100% committed to making this team the most epic fail in the history of epic failure that is professional sports in South Florida. You think you've seen fail before? You think the Marlins' ritual post-World Series fire sales are something? Well, at least they f'ing *won* the Series, even if no one went to their games. MLS Miami II will be the culmination of decades of South Florida fail. They're going to market heavily to the locals of Puerto Rican, Cuban, and Dominican descent, with an ad campaign that calls baseball a sport for [Ed.: rhymes with harrycons]. Then, they're going to spend over $3 million to bring in a washed-up Brazilian, like, say, Ronaldo, who will promptly spend every waking hour either in the clubs or on South Beach, getting fatter and slower by the day. It'll make Lothar's "Rehab on the Riviera" look like serious training.

I'm telling you, it's going to be Epic. Truly Epic.

P.S. ummm Miami Pride sounds like a slogan from the Gay Village in South Beach;)

9. Viva Miami

Viva Miami Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I am sure Rowdies II will be awesome and fail proof. You know because Tampa is such an awesome sports town with loads of tradition.

10. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just comparing Portland Timbers to Miami FC:rolleyes:

11. rep21

rep21 New Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go troll somewhere else. Seriously.

12. blackedoutfriction

Jan 10, 2009
    Portland
    It didn't work because Miami has a history of teams not being successful draws. Considering the MLS still doesn't have a great TV contract they need to draw. I could offer you numbers from every sports team in Miami as proof but you probably don't care about that.

Yeah, but Miami is in the USA. Who cares about what England or Italy thinks about soccer? We already know they love it. People in the US have to show they love it. You know how much Miami loves it? Enough to have a franchise fail once already and for their USL squad to be the worst attended team in the league at 1,700 per game. If there is such a fan base where are they? Why don't they turn out?

Your love of Miami is very moving. It still doesn't mean you can put butts in the seats. Without Barca and their backing this is just like any other bid and realistically there are other bids out there (St. Louis, Portland and Vancouver) that have a history of supporting soccer. Miami has a sports history of being a really nice place to live and visit but also with a sports history of nobody showing up to games unless they win. Even when they win sometimes people don't show (i.e. Marlins).

Without Barca this bid is a big scary risk of a bid. That's a valid argument. You rah rah all day about how awesome Miami is but in the end they need more than sexy and nice weather.

13. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    why is it when someone says the truth they always respond with "troll"?

14. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006