Mexico's Football Related Random Thoughts Thread - Volumen Veintisiete

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If im not mistaken, the same shit went on pre 2 seasons a year format

Managers will always be the first to go

That's just the nature of the game

2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    You are all over the place. First off you go off how it´s stupid to compare to euro players because their players are world class and that doesn´t happen in Mexico and now you say that since they don´t have foreigners, they suffer. But wasn´t the point that Mexican leauge overall aren´t world class? Why can they make it with just mexicans then?

And your Pumas stuff is the totally wrong and exactly my point. Pumas cantera is stuck and the refuerzos haven´t paid off. But people aren´t stupid enough to go and say that Pumas should never get refuerzos because these gys didn´t pay off, or to not use the cantera because it ran out. It´s to reform both. And it´s need to reform just like Chivas in many ways (players like Efrain Velarde were great when we won the title but he´s now pure garbage and some players just like Chivas haven´t done anything to earn their constant chances like Garcia or Fernando Espinoza) but that doesn´t mean to destroy paths. Vergara actually did the opposite. He got it wrong with Ochoa and Ponce and then said that he wasn´t going to do get refuerzos because of that and his expensive mexicans whinefest. He got it right with Chicharito and now it´s all canteras and when he gave in to the refuerzos, it was like he was doing a favor. It´s bullshit. I´m glad that Chivas has a great cantera as so many mexican teams. But that isn´t the all answers. If Chivas had refuerzos in certain areas and a good cantera, it could be a great team. But depending on the cantera, just screws up everything. You can actually hurt your team and your players and ruin your cantera. If Chivas did what normal team do and have Cubo Torres and Carlos Fierro playing up top and coming in slowly with a good forward to teach them and for them to gradually improve it would be a lot better than the crazy stuff of sending them both to fix the goal scoring situation like it came about. Two people under 20 to carry the offensive power of the biggest club in Mexico. It´s insane.

And what is your point about financially sensible path? The team sucks, their talent is depreciating and nobody goes to see the team at their home games. How is that a great financial plan to a team that is one of the biggest out there? What money are they saving and what for?

El Jalisciense and Kaney repped this.
  3. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  4. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LOL pinche arbitro agachon

5. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol still brings the laughs

But yeah that's ********ed up

6. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You think its stupid to play with only Mexicans?

How the hell do you plan to field a national team?

If you've been paying attention the problem isn't the Mexican players but a certain person's ego/stupidity.

P.S. your shit's all retarded and you sound like a ********

7. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    The odd thing is, verga ra did exactly what rafa is talking about in Costa Rica with saprissa, seemed like they played with the tico national team. And it paid off, they won league titles, ccc, and finished third in the club world cup. I guess his money went further there... Or someone else was making the decisions

Vergara really is an idiot, his titles is thanks to refuerzos and chepo. It was a fluke, chivas currently and chivas USA are perfect representations of his mental short comings

Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  8. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Other countries pull it off.....youre delusional.

The problem is all your players are green as ******** and/or average......

lol inferior beings gonna inferior....

9. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thats exactly what Rafa is saying, and the whole Chivas forum has been saying for a long time, you should venture outside of your rainbow colored bubble some time. The problem isn't having an all-mexican squad, but forcing players who not ready for the responsibility.

10. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    This. He´s stating my point but then he says it´s all part of a "financial sensible path".

11. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    I never disagreed, what im saying is that if in order to change that he has to get knowingly hustled by the little teams then hes doing the sensible thing by riding it out with what he has hoping its enough.

Buying players guarantee's nothing....Lugo and Lucho are proof of that. Puebla gets a shit ton of players in and out per loan every season. Look how bad they are.

At the end of the day all chivas fans are big fat hypocrites.....when everything was going well, and they could have snared a few good players they were like "lol at teams buying, cantera>cartera, vergara es dios"...but now Vergara is the devil?

I just dont get it.

Like people are sitting here talking about "i dont understand why vergara doesn't get it?", well it might be because just a few months ago all the fans and the media were sucking his dick for the same ideology.

Pinning it on the budget for buying players is just stupid. Even before that there's a billion other reasons that have destroyed the team. The coaching roulette, the fact that they restrict themselves to mexicans only, yet the owner claims theyre too expensive.....well thats because they know you cant buy anything else.....most other teams would weather through the season with "solid" extranjeros if they couldn't get top class mexican talent. Chivas bring it upon themselves because they stick to their ideology. It's a billion reasons.

12. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    First off I call total bullshit on your claim. You constantly bring up grandeza and make fun of small teams and yet now you bitch and whine about small teams for "hustling" Chivas. So it´s alright to make fun of small teams and talk about the big teams and how great they are when it´s the league but when it comes to selling then it´s unfair to hype up the prize. GTFO with that shit. It happens everywhere unless you´re crazy to think somebody selling a player to Sevilla or Montpellier would sell the player at the same prize to your Barca or Inter. That´s the prize of being a big team and you can´t have it both ways.

And then you come up with Puebla type players as examples as if that is the players Chivas should go for or big teams go for. Yes it doesn´t guaranteed but done well it´s sure is a better answer that closing it off completely as Vergara has done. And yes there is a balance to do it and depending on your cantera exclusively is as stupid as not having a cantera and depending on refuerzos every time. Which is what basically you´re defending Vergara for doing.

13. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    LOL.
    The arbitro should have walked around with a hunchback.

14. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    one "financially sensible" move does not excuse of all of his prior bad and/or cheap moves. i think you're blowing the vergara nutriding out of proportion. if it was 2006, yes , everyone was on nutriding and saying that vergara has lead them to a title and will lead them to several more, although there hasn't been a refuerzo that has had the same impact that bofo had then; hell gonzalo pineda, sergio santana and diego martinez had more impact than pretty much all of the recent refuerzos.

you first point out that he's just trying to "weather the storm" , but he's been doing that for the longest time. if you'd been keeping up, you'd realize the "weathering the storm" is just of a part of him being cheap. hell, look at his first few refuerzos, and his latest one....

you're right about them needing to make better decisions....and part that is that a lot of his bargain bin purchases have shown why they're cheap. there's no guarantee that an expensive player will be worth it, but if he's better than whatever you have on hand and can be a key contributor, why not spend? i understand he says it may make a bad precedent, but lets not forget how rich he made himself appear....

chivas has had some success, but it seems like vergara is rolling the dice that he gets lightning in a bottle with a team that gets hot at the right time, because he has not had very talented teams. hell, efrain flores said what everybody was thinking , and was forced to publicly apologize for saying that (wait, i thought everyone was dickriding and throwing flowers)

come to think of it, i really don't think you understand the situation/

El Jalisciense and Rafael Hernandez repped this.
  15. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    It's just the "I take credit for success, but blame others for failure" m.o. over and over again.

I think I said this in the Chivas forum, but it'll be interesting to see if they buy another player or two during the winter offseason. By now the coaching staff realizes what they have to work with, both on the first team and the youth squads. How much money will the Dutch braintrust have access to this time around, and do they understand enough about negotiating for players in Mexico now?

guado and El Jalisciense repped this.
  16. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    its crazy because back in 06 management, got it right they bought players in their prime and it paid off especially with a mix of good chivas cantera and good national talent. the blue print is there but vergara's ego blinds him too much to realize it.

El Jalisciense repped this.
  17. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    This is the thing why I hate Vergara. More than anybody, he always criticizing and punishing everyone but never accepts the blame. His firing of Real was the stupidest possible thing and it was his own doing. I heard that a lot of players don´t want to play in Chivas because of the constant repirmands from Vergara.

guado repped this.
  18. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Does this means that Vergara has removed all the mirrors from Verde Valle to spare him of the constant reminders of who is really the cause of Chivas' woes?

Vergara reminds me of Jerry Jones. Let the people who know about the sport run your team.

El Jalisciense repped this.
  19. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LGRod repped this.
  20. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    fawk those teams ^

America vs Chivas on the same day FTW.

22. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    America vs Chivas is on the 6th :D

z0mb1e repped this.
  23. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Unless there isn't any overlap, I think it's pretty dumb of them to all be scheduled on the same day...

z0mb1e repped this.
  24. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    orale, yeah america plays on saturdays for some retarded reason.

25. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    meh