Mexico's Football Related Random Thoughts Thread - Volumen Veintiséis

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by sidspaceman, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobsqeu

jobsqeu Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Why do they say he scored a goal? He didn't do anything. He was as surprised as everyone else when it bounced off his face. He77, I thought he was about to cry from the way he covered up his face.

2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I don't understand why Oswaldo felt the need to throw himself at that ball. Looks like he could have stayed on hos feet and trap it easily.

El Mariachi repped this.
  3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what a lame ass goal

lucky break for Real Maricon

4. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gol a la chicharito

Azul88 and El Mariachi repped this.
  5. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Watching the game between the nadettes and Canada, they are amateurs, right?

6. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    "its all about the fundamentals" lol

Hdez.Marcos and El Mariachi repped this.
  7. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think women can take their full squads.

8. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    well, it is WOMENS soccer

9. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    lol right, they play like utter shit, and these are among the best.

they still suck major bawlz and are unwatchable.

It's called FOOTBALL and Naquisima repped this.
  10. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    indeed, but I was listening to BBC's World Football Phone In and people in Britain(just like they do in Mexico) are trying to bring football down by comparing it to all the other shitty sports in the olympics and how much better they are, and one of those sports was Women's "Soccer"(I refuse to call this shit football) and they said what baysic said, and Tim Vickery just facking pwnt them and they stopped with their bullshit at least on that show, like Tim said Football matters the other sports don't.

Naui_Ocelotl and Kaney repped this.
  11. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    yeah man....i also love how sometimes they'll put in like routine ass goals like for instance an average header and by the commentary from a former female soccer analyst you'll swear it was the borgetti goal against italy lol.

Colima24 and elvasco repped this.
  12. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol usa wins in the last minute 4-3

13. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    Ese gol se lo comio la portera de Canada, pero este tipo de goles se anotan por racimos en este deporte, las porteras estan bien pendejas cuando les rematan por encima de la cabeza.

14. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I should confess that I once watched a little women's futbol. One of the girls hit what in that context was supposed to be a screamer of a shot, it looked like a slowed down replay of an actual (men) screamer. I mean the ball made this beautiful parabolic curve, yet "it all happened so fast" for the goalie to react.

I must say, Basketball is much worse.

Volleyball, on the other hand, those girls would kick my ass in the court.

/p

15. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Women soccer sucks and yet whenever the mexican girls do something, it always fills with comments about how "the men should learn" and all that bullshit.

It´s the same thing. My school was all about volleyball. They once played a dumb intersquad game and the top male and female players from our school played. The girl was good but the guy was so superior, it wasn´t funny. Yet the girl was the 1st pick in the draft of the professional league and was a star in it immediately. The guy ended up being bench player for his college team.

16. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Someone post that tweet from a USWNT player about losing to a high school boy's team by like 7 goals or something ridiculous like that.

Women's sports are really just uncomparable to men's. Athletic ability and coordination for Men is on another stratosphere compared to women. This was pretty funny:
    http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=21533

17. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A few months back on SportsCenter, that shedude from Baylor barely got above the rim for a "spectacular" dunk, and it was deemed the top play of the day.

I was like, "that was the top play?, smfh".

That dunk shouldn't have even made the list, but because it was a women doing it, it did.

18. jobsqeu

jobsqeu Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Also, does anyone get tired of hearing how the most decorated Olympic athlete is the Phelps guy....yet his medals are all really in just one 'sport' - swimming. Doesn't that seem really lame to consider someone like that 'the greatest Olympic athlete'? It almost seems like that hand out medals like they do in little kids games; where everyone gets a trophy for participating.

It would be better if we compared his achievements to that Thorpe guy or some triathlete ... at least that's my opinion.

19. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Olympics are overrated as shit IMO, I have only been watching the football matches :thumbsup:

20. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The guy is considered to be the best swimmer in the history of the sports, so no i don't think so. To be able to keep that level of performance over 3 olympics is incredible. He just made it look easy. The constant riding of him on tv can get annoying though.

Mr.Black repped this.
  21. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    The thing that cracks me up about women's soccer is that if the US was not any good at it, it would get about 99% less press than it does, and about 99.5% less of the following it musters.

Case in point, during the World cup, US press conferences before the final mustered up less than 10 reporters.

22. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Y falta de seis segundos? No mames. Was chiquidracula calling the game? He is the only ref I have ever seen call that (at a mundial, no less).

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  23. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    I disagree...as a swimmer he has MANY opportunities to win medals...other olympians do not have that opportunity...it's one and done...as a swimmer if you dont medal in one event, hell, you have 5 others to have a go at it....so winning the most medals as a swimmer means jackshit imo.

jobsqeu repped this.
  24. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrong thread, putos.

Still, Phelps is the GOAT

25. jobsqeu

jobsqeu Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    That's what I was getting at...although I did a poor job of it.