Mexico VS USA August 10th - Philadelphia: Analysis Thread.

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team: News, Analysis & History' started by Tello, Jul 8, 2011.

1. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think those really improve the NT

Araujo pretty much brings the same thing to the NT that Torrado does.. minus the Int experiences

Same with Baez

Like everyone else, i would like to see the team improve, but i dont think either player does that

2. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Araujo is a better passer than Torrado and is much more of a physical presence. The only problem I have with him is that he takes STUPID shots. Pretty frustrating at times.

3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Baez could be a great option in the DM/CM role. he kind of reminds me of Pardo; can defend well and has a canon of a shot.

Pato has been hit or miss with the NT when he's gotten called in the past, but it's been about 2-3 years since he last played with El Tri. who knows how he'd do now

4. Yo_soy_rayado5

Jun 16, 2006
    El Norte
  5. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    honestly i think guty estrada at rb is a better option than aguilar.

6. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would like to see Guti again, last time he got called up he got injured during the game vs Venezuela.

7. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i see everyone is in agreement that Salcido should no longer be a starter. Torres Nilo, as the obvious back up, should get the start next time.

but i think it'd be a good idea to check out Joe Corona from Xolos. that dude has been playing excellent thus far. and Chepo should probably give him a call soon because Corona is eligible to play with the Nads and El Salvador as well - he was born in the US to a Mexican dad and Salvadorean mom

8. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Been saying this for a while. Would be nice to have a Xolo in la seleccion.

We should give Chuleta a second chance first. And it would be nice to finally call up Cubo.

9. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    He scored his 1st league goal last game in a bunch of months. He hasn't earned another call up.

10. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    a ver si entiendo lo que dicen chivitas, anyone but a player from America, is that about right?
    Every player from chivas is good enough for the NT.
    Call a midget named "Guti" Estrada to play defense even if he sucks as long as he keeps a player from America out, and I'm not a fan of Aguilar on the contrary, but come on call pinto too and lets play both of them at the same time.:rolleyes:
    Call Corona from Xolos who only have a 3 games in Primera just because because he was born in the US.
    Call Chuletita who have only scored one goal in this calendar year in the league, yeah and Peralta sucks!.:rolleyes:

Mexispazzo wall of shame material anyone?

11. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't know if it's anti america at all but it kind of falls into the typical mexican delusion of "the guy whose not benn called up will immediately be better and a good pick". It happens all the time as soon as somebody slips and some guy makes some kind of noise. That what led to Eduardo Isella, Robert Nurse threads in BSMX and Manuel Rios and Jesus Mendoza being hyped up. The NT can be the one developing people and if they haven't shown exceptional talent, the caps should be earned. If a guy is just alright in the MFL, chances are that he won't light it up as international football is harder.

12. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Yeah those players are ALL guys I would like to see, and I never in 1000 years thought I would say this...but we need bigger, faster guys. I hope I'm wrong because all the guys you mentioned are ridiculously good, but watching Bermudez in there against Shea was making me cringe. Shea is horrible technically, his touch is ugly and his fundamentals are bad....But the dude is big and fast and that was giving our boys hell. They couldn't stop him and that is sad considering what I said about his skills above. We need quick guys who also possess the technical ability necessary to negate big and fast players. I think the guys you mentioned are a good start, but last night's game left me with a bad taste because of the last 20 minutes.

13. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    The European players were obviously not in form since they havent started their season yet. However, there is not excuse for the Mexican players to not play well and the most dissapointing were:

Torrado: everyone here has said it, the guy is done. This is Chepo´s cycle to ******** up, and a sure way to do this is to keep Torrado in there.

Castro: Read the above

Ochoa: I am an America fan, I have always love Ochoa, but he is not our best keeper or our second best keeper. He makes a mistake the leads to a goal almost every national team game he players. A goalie cannot let a ball get past him within the 6 yard box (the ball that lead to the goal was probably about 4 yards from the goal). Ochoa was very affected by America´s horrible defense for along time and nothing will change at Ajaccio. Talavera is solid, he was last game, he is with Toluca. Talavera should start.

Chepo needs to call Jonathan once his suspension is up. Diego Reyes also needs to be called ASAP, the guy is solid and even though he is young, he is ready.

14. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    lol, its called hyperbole...

I'm not a fan of cap tying people just to prevent them from playing for a different national squad. If a player does not have a legitimate chance to play for the national team they should not be called up.

If he chooses to play for any other team that is fine and he should no longer concern us.

I haven't seen him play so he is a complete mystery. I say give him a full season before jumping on the bandwagon

15. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I've seen Joe Benny play a couple of times out here in San Diego and he is a legitimate good FMF player. Athletic with a nice presence around the box. Not sure how he would be at the international level but he has stated that Mexico would be his first choice but he is not closing any doors. However, we have many proven options at his position so I think that his best shot is probably going to be either with the USA or ES.

16. Manolo Rodriguez

Jul 1, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This is actually a mental process known more or less as availability bias. Basically you have a decision to make, and the options most likely to come to your mind are what you're most familiar with.

It's like that saying "When your only tool is a hammer everything looks like a nail". I'm a Chivas fan, and it's the only team I consistently watch on a weekly basis, so my national team suggestions would probably be influenced by that.

In other words, this isn't a unique Chivas illness, it's just human nature. That being said, Marco Fabian should not be dismissed as a product of availability bias, he's a hell of a player.

Feel free to nominate some America players. Jesus Molina? Valenzuela? Daniel Marquez? Juan Carlos Medina? Oscar Rojas? Navarrete? Erik Pimentel?

17. El Cinquillo

El Cinquillo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 5, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't care what team they're associated with. If an Águilas player is in better form than a Chivas player, so be it. This is the national team where talking about and I think the better player should get the call up.

18. El Burro

El Burro Member

Jan 25, 2009
    San Pancho, Califas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think it's like that at all. It just so happens that all of Club America's best players are already cap-tied to other national teams.

19. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fuera de Reyes y Reyna - que ahorita ni anda jugando - quien mas de las Wilas podria estar en la seleccion?

20. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In case you've all forgotten Chivas has all Mexican players... while America seems to be buying more foreigners which isn't bad hell my team Rayados does the same thing but when it comes the MEX national team of course they are going to be short on potential candidates to supply it with.

21. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When the hell did we say that every Chivas player is a MNT player? I don't think we have any MNT starters, to be honest. However, we do have quite a bit of borderline MNT squad players and we're just mentioning them. Do you disagree with who we've mentioned? And why?

22. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Even mild insults are not permitted in here.

And please stop bringing the club rivalries in here.

Please.

Thanks.

23. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Molina looked good playing for Tigres and I'd rather have seen him in copa america than enriquez. This reminds me that i actually wanted to see him get a few games with the national team but he seems to have disappeared from the radar after Castro/Torrado became the starters

I've been lurking on the US boards and pretty much this quote from the Washington Post sums up the whole mood over there:

"We definitely looked much better than during the Gold Cup final. All told, I was encouraged; after the Gold Cup, I worried that Mexico may have left us behind. After Wednesday, I felt like we can still beat them."

I'm not sure why but for whatever reason that optimism annoys me:mad:. We had almost every single US fan traumatized with the gulf in talent and Chepo goes and throws them a bone by his awful team selection.

Sinha is like a security blanket for Chepo and i'm starting to worry that this might be a rerun like that midget from monterry. I admit that sinha is a class player but his age and diminished physical capacity should have precluded him from getting called up any more.

I said this before at the gold cup thread and i'm going to repeat it, Chepo is being figured out by opposing coaches. This is not the domestic game, the International game is quite predictable because opposing managers have several weeks to scout a team and develop tactics to counter any flaws or disadvantages that their teams have.

Chepo's infatuation with Sinha is going to be nothing but trouble. The problem that i see with Sinha is that everyone know that the only reason that he is getting called up is because of Chepo's nepotism. If he is not careful all the drama queens in Mexico are going to start sharping their rhetorical knives for the Julius Caesar mass stabbing if things start to go badly. I for one will be rooting for the conspirators if the Sinha call ups continue.

24. Q.Q.

Q.Q. Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Antarctica
    Not much to be said about this game, it was a friendly and the Euro's obviously ran out of gas towards the end.

Its not fair to say that Salcido isn't a starter anymore. This was one of his worst games in recent memory, but lets not forget he has been our best player since the WC.

Though I do think its imperative to find a replacement for him, if only because we need a youngster to have the experience necessary by the time the next WC rolls around.

Torrado has been below par recently, but frankly, Castro was worse this game. It's easy to point fingers at Torrado because he's always getting stuck in and making mistakes, but Castro was completely invisible for the entire game.

25. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    No they don't. People in Mexico love Zinha. The majority idiotic press loves him and because he isn't with America and never has, they never question him and so the fans buy that shit. Plus it's the press lead by that idiot Joserra and others, so the fans aren't told to automatically hate the guy and they like him. Zinha is the new Pavel Pardo. The only reason Pavel Pardo was dropped was because Javier Aguirre came and he hated the guy apparently. Otherwise he would have never been dropped. The press loved the guy and so did the fans eventhough he was total shit during the Eriksson era. People still asked for him to get called up eventhough the team improved so much after he was dropped.