Mexico Vs USA at the Azteca June 11 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by anubis53, May 16, 2017.

1. anubis53

anubis53 Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Who's going to the game? Vamonos!!!

2. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    List for the upcoming friendlies and WCQ's

[​IMG]

3. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would have called Cota instead of Corona... Cota is the best Mexican GK in Liga MX... Not too keen on 'Burrito' Hernández, although I don't think he's gonna play much...

[​IMG]

Special_talent23, DankYummy and JJV1994 repped this.
  4. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    burrito is flat out garbage.

Special_talent23 repped this.
  5. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    cut

alanis
    reyes
    duenas
    both hernandez in the midfield
    molina
    aquino
    damm
    gallardo

---------------ochoa/tala------------
    Salcedo---Reyes---Moreno--Layun
    --------------Jona------------
    ----------Orbelin--Guardado-----
    -----Vela----Chich-----Tecatito

Fullback game weak. Hopefully the young santos fullbacks git gud

6. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Gael Sandoval is also in better form than Gallardo, Aquino, and Damm....

He's the Mexican with the most assists this season... Our players could benefit from his crosses.

7. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I agree he should be on a 32 man list over some of these players. Not to salty though with the Gold cup. He should 100% be in that list.

Gallito is another name I would have called over Burrito/Duenas/Molina. Gallito has proven he can be a positive in the biggest stage. Duenas and Molina keep getting call ups and time and time again they show they aren't built for the international stage. They are the midfield equivalent to Ayala

Special_talent23 repped this.
  8. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

West Ham United
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mendoza from Pumas as well

Gallito fell off national team wise. He would scrub out for Mexico like he did in the Post World Cup friendlies & 2015 Gold Cup

DankYummy repped this.
  9. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

West Ham United
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    FUERA

JOSE CHEWY CORONA
    ALANIS
    BURRITO HERNANDEZ
    GALLARDO
    LUIS REYES

10. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Alan Mendoza wasn't even a guarantee starter for a terrible Pumas team. Should be nowhere near the discussion for the NT.

11. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

West Ham United
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How the hell did he have all those assists then?

DankYummy repped this.
  12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Buenas definiciones d Nico Castillo o Gallardo. Statics aren't the end all and be all. He did alright in a terrible season for Pumas and even lost out his spot. He's not NT material.

13. Richy_Rich

Richy_Rich Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    Long Beach State University
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Y'all quick to forget the great tournament Gallito had at the World Cup.
    Con Gallito en la cancha las cosas hubieran sido mucho más diferentes contra Holanda.

Plus he's having a great tournament so far.

NCCFBALL and DankYummy repped this.
  14. Alopez

Alopez Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Birmingham
    #14 Alopez, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Nad game for sure, but hoping to catch both games!!

15. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    Expect Rulas and Fabián to miss out the Croatia friendly since they will have cup finals on the 26. Also, the Chivas and Tigres call ups might miss it as well.

DankYummy repped this.
  16. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lucky ass croats

DankYummy and Overachiever repped this.
  17. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I know right, such a bad miss but it seems like for the confederations cup hes going with what players hes tried out in the past, no surprise here but what we should really be focusing our attention to in terms of players we want to see on the national team we should look at the gold cup roster

DankYummy repped this.
  18. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Going to this one. Had already planned a vacay/family visit in CDMX a few months ago then realized this game was happening so pretty happy that worked out. Last time I went to a game at Azteca it was a Necaxa v Leon match god knows how many years ago.

Blue_Demon repped this.
  19. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Listo para hinchar por Mexico, me hubiera gustado también estar en el partido contra Honduras pero los tiempos no se me acomodan.

Con el roster que dio Osorio es más que suficiente para sacar los 6 puntos de la eliminatoria, lo interesante sera ver como llegan los europeos.

Son muchos partidos en tan poco tiempo y el partido contra los gringos es apenas 7 antes del debut contra Portugal en Confederaciones, en México ha levantado más expectativa este ultimo partido que el de las eliminatorias por la esperanza de ver jugar a Cristiano.

Creo que habrá muchas rotaciones y posiblemente Osorio guarde cartuchos en el partido contra los gringos pensando en el largo viaje y Portugal.

20. arjon

arjon Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I'll be there! Asiciento Club Section 3 :)

Centauro del Norte repped this.
  21. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    That was three years ago.

It also goes without saying that both things can be true, Vasquez may be having a "great" tournament so far (I don't personally think so) and the NT staff may simply rate other players ahead of him, like Molina.

Mr. Pink and Miguel Myers repped this.
  22. mlambert14

mlambert14 New Member

Man U
    England
    May 17, 2017
    I am going. How do you recommend getting out of the stadium after the game? Will UBER be possible after the game? I will be flying in on Thursday morning and would like to go to Mex v Honduras but the ticketmaster website says I have to pick up the tickets 2 DAYS before the event. Is that true? Can I just go to a ticketmaster outlet in CDMX? Or even the stadiums will call? I would like to buy those tickets now, but I am reluctant to do so because of the ticketmaster website....

Thanks in advance

23. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Sandoval tuvo que estar en esta lista, simplemente porque merecio tener la chance de jugar esos amistosos ante Croacia e Irlanda.

Pero al pedazo de mierda de Osorio mejor se le ocurrio llamar a un viejo como Elias Hernandez, digo... ¿de que carajos sirve llamar a un tipo con la edad de Elias?

Y con esa defensa y esos porteros nos van a dar muchos pero muchos sustos en confederaciones, es mas, ese juego ante los gringos en El Azteca va a ser complicado.

24. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Sandoval should be called up because of his great season yet Elias Hernandez, who has been the best and most consistent winger in LigaMX for years is too "old" at the age of 27.

The constant need to try to shoe-horn any player under the age 21 into the NT is pathetically desperate. The squad for the Gold Cup will have their own set of friendlies to prepare for that tournament. Realistically speaking, Sandoval was never going to be called up ahead of Damm, Aquino, Jesus Corona, Lozano or Carlos Vela.

25. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Compadre, Elias tiene 29 años...

Los amistosos sirven, en parte, para foguear a jovenes jugadores con potencial, en el caso de Elias de nada sirve foguear a un tipo con 29 años, fisico de puberto y que nunca paso de ser un jugador de nivel liga mexicana.

Eso es normal en casi todas las selecciones del mundo, y mas en partidos amistosos y mas con jovenes con potencial que merecen tener esa chance, como Sandoval. Nadie habla de que siquiera vaya a la banca en torneos importantes o juegos mundialistas.

Incluso Osorio lo ha hecho muchas veces, recuerda que hasta a Candido Ramirez llamo.

¿Pero partidos amistosos de que calidad? Estos eran perfectos ante Croacia e Irlanda, paises al menos de nivel medio para arriba de Europa, fisicamente fuertes.

Todo lo que dices se va al caño cuando vemos a Gallardo en la lista, que en lo personal me gusta, pero nunca ha hecho mas meritos que Gael.

Y repito, hablamos de amistosos... no se porque mencionas a los jugadores top, pero en esta lista tenia que estar Sandoval si o si.