Mexico vs. Uruguay in Houston (Sept. 7, 2018)

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Blue_Demon, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theredbaron69

Theredbaron69 Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Man, in one year of tearing it up in the erividise, Chucky looks to be on a completely different level. That is the reason why Mexican clubs should let these youngsters go to Europe. Piojo was good, lainez was good, JoGo was good and better than JDS, Guti was decent, but man I was really surprised by Victor guzman! We've been sleeping on that guy. I don't think we can blame angulo, playing out of position against dive bomber suarez. Surprised rat face didn't try biting the kid. Chaka was crap, ayala not NT level, JDS you can tell MLS is not doing him good he was horrible, and Elias was ok IMO you'd expect him to do more seeing how much experience he has.

2. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Was impressed by that 20 year old rat looking kid. Has he been trending up?

LGRod, SGuerrilla, Neymadres and 4 others repped this.
  3. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    Painful performance. Until deep changes are operated in the way futbol is practiced in Mexico, disgraces like this one will continue happening. You just don't "send" young players to Europe like you'd send turbulent kids to a boarding school by paying the tuition. It's not just a question of holding a European passport. Our youngsters have to be better for European clubs to see competitive and financial potential in them to be willing to invest. Once they make it to Europe nobody gives 1 jack they're mexican, they only care about what they're capable of contributing to the team who pays them. If they don't make it, they get ship elsewhere, that's what's happened to Chicho, Rulas, Ochoa etc. Football in Europe is light years above the liga MX, and I'm not just talking about the top 5 leagues. In Mexico young players are "babied", hyped up by Televisa and Univion convincing all the paisas that they are the next world football sensation. Then the NT eats a goleada each year and people act all surprised, go figure..

Primitive Ways repped this.
  4. turibird

turibird Member+

Jun 1, 2008
    Juarez
  5. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I feel happy thinking where will we be at
    when we actually get our shit together.

Anytime now LigaMX

6. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd say it's so since the 70-80s (winning over the Monterrey market was a big, big win). Most parts of the North and South West were baseball mad (and some of these cities are still more into baseball than football).

By the way, there are not many countries that fit that criteria:

Indonesia(?), Brazil, Nigeria & Russia

Miguel Myers repped this.
  7. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    With that butter soft D, there's a 0% chance that that happens.

8. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Keep posting those gifs, and you can post as many crackpot opinions as you’d like.

[​IMG]

Kaney, SGuerrilla and robbits repped this.
  9. TGO

TGO Member+

Jul 4, 2011
    Mexico may talk the talk but they can't walk the walk.

They need to humble themselves and look at themselves in the mirror and ask serious questions.

Lukato and JJV1994 repped this.
  10. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's the fking media who needs to do that .
    They're the ones who feed us a consistent diet of B.S.

Neymadres and thedragonrik58 repped this.
  11. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Stop blaming the media, if anything the cable networks are always calling out the FMF and the players' shit, only Univision/Televisa are into the overrating business specially by overrating some fan favorite players like Hernandez, the Dos Santos and Ochoa.

DankYummy and TGO repped this.
  12. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Kaney, LGRod, Miguel Myers and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Large swaths of Jalisco are baseball crazy. Especially in the mountains.

Kaney, Miguel Myers and SGuerrilla repped this.
  14. pepito69

pepito69 Member

Chivas
    Mexico
    Jul 27, 2018
    SoCal
    Wait, Brazil is shittier than us?? How we all wished it were true... Nigeria and Russia are comparable to us, give and take. Only Indonesia makes the cut.

15. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think he meant the population part, not the football ability.

Most nations are well under 100 million, so it’s apples and cranberries...

Which it’s not a black and white argument anyway.

Kaney and SGuerrilla repped this.
  16. chris2787

chris2787 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Game wasn’t that bad. Uruguay is a lethal team. Probably the best true striker in the world along with one of the best CB pairings in the world.

Mexico showed promises.
    Score makes it seem worse than it was.

17. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The way they casually dismiss WC gens because they were eliminated in the rd of 16. Set's the tone..
    This Shit is ridiculous. We're a midget team with meh ability and meh athleticism.

Fuxk outta here with "fracasos"

Robertinho21 and Theredbaron69 repped this.
  18. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it's worrying for those domestic "vets" who got slaughtered...

the last 25 mins were refreshing by the newcomers.

19. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

/ThreadLocked

Kaney repped this.
  20. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah. it was a question with a very specific set of criteria made to make us look bad. There's only like 10 other countries that have a bigger population than Mexico, and it's not our fault most of the countries above us in the population count tend to care about other sports instead and the vast majority of countries that have it as their main sport, plus every single elite team except Brazil, are below us in the population count.

not sure about Russia, they just got to the quarters in their own WC like Mexico did in 1986 but Mexico beat them last year at home. as for Nigeria, at the u-17 level they're better, u-20 and u-23 we're about the same, but at the senior level? hmm, nah, they're more inconsistent and we actually have a senior FIFA tournament to our name. Japan is worse Mexico, I know they got to the same stage in the WC this year but I'm talking in general. or do they not make the cut because "their national sport hasn't been futbol forever" but isn't that also the case for Mexico. I read that it really wasn't until the world cups hosted in Mexico where most of the population started to care about and pay attention to football before that it was mostly boxing I think

21. Zacarías

Zacarías Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Jul 19, 2017
    Sevilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Boxing is still huge in the country, obviamente, but let’s not forget that even though fútbol is the most popular sport, baseball, American football and basketball have huge and continuously growing fan bases as well so it’s not like our large population focuses solely on fútbol and nothing else. I think there are almost 20 Mexicans in the MLB, if I’m not wrong. So would you really consider fútbol to be our “national sport?”

GrandeSoccer and Miguel Myers repped this.
  22. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    My cousins in Guadalajara love the NBA and don’t care about fútbol. Cousins in the rancho are all about baseball. Mexico isn’t a monolith where everyone is fútbol crazy. This is pocho projection.

Kaney, SGuerrilla, GrandeSoccer and 5 others repped this.
  23. Zacarías

Zacarías Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Jul 19, 2017
    Sevilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Exactly. I have many friends in México who follow the NFL religiously and don’t care at all for fútbol. F1 is huge too, and for the wealthy in the country it’s polo, tennis and golf, so it’s a huge misconception in the US and I’m assuming Europe as well that we only care about fútbol y nada más

24. turibird

turibird Member+

Jun 1, 2008
    Juarez
    Are you guys actually trying to make the argument that since there are people in Mexico who love other sports as well, means that fútbol isn’t our national sport... smh ‍♂️ cmon

TheDude47, Paco', JJV1994 and 1 other person repped this.
  25. Neymadres

Neymadres Member+

Jan 29, 2013
    So CaL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Futbol y nada mas.

SGuerrilla repped this.