Pre-match: Mexico vs. Honduras- WC qual (II)

Discussion in 'Central America' started by rceveda, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -marume-

-marume- New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    LA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No offence to suazo, hes a good player, but Eto'o, really. Eto'o is world class, probably the best striker around, i can see some characteristics of suazo in him, but then again you can say that about many soccer players. Eto'o is not the right comparison, your a little confused.

2. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    oslo... as far as I know we know we are not talking about oblideration... except for the guys from Univision, they're asses.
    As far as I know we are saying we want a tie, 1-0 or 2-1... nothing out of this world...

3. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    :)tsst... what ever floats your boat buddy...:)

4. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    Interesting, the part about Suazo leaving all the defenders behind, could have made me think otherwise. Yes, you probably did not say it, but it was said. Regardless, all I excpect from the match is a great game. It will be Sven's first time at bat. Hopefully Mexico will have their European players, and Honduras definitely seems with an urge to get to the World Cup, as well as add a historic second loss for Mexico at "El Azteca."

5. angelsfan

angelsfan Member+

Jun 4, 2008
    So Cal

wt else were they saying??

i heard they were pretty harsh against us??

6. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    Funny stuff, you find most of it in World Rivalries. Beware, it is a sad, dark, but amusing little corner.

7. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    dude i will be blunt about it... its been like what 30 years, goddamn it its time already, we've got what it takes.

8. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    beware of the world rivallries thread, unless u want to get into personal deep and no where going arguments that is the place.

9. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    I think the Hondurans in this thread are a little too optimistic. We have an amazing squad but i doubt we will win the Azteca. MAYBE we have a chance at beating them here in San Pedro Sula and I think we have a good chance of making it to the World Cup BUT this is why we always lose matches like this. We are way too cocky. Right when the NT does something good Hondurans goes and starts saying shit like "WE ARE THE BESTEST TEAM IN THE WORLDZ!!1!!" and its stupid sh*t like that that makes our NT play bad. They think they are the ********ing kings of the world and mess up. Mexico has a way better mentality and I have no doubt in my mind that they will win in the Azteca. I went to the Azteca and holy sh*t.. crazy f***ing fans. They have the upper hand. Now, about the players, David Suazo isn't the best striker in the world. MAYBE the best in CONCACAF but a team doesn't win with individuality so stop just mentioning him. I think we might have a better team than Mexico and we want this win ten times more. Wilson Palacios in my opinion is definitly the best Midfielder in CONCACAF. I have seen all of Mexico's players as well as Honduras' playing for the clubs because I am a fan of CONCACAF showing what they are made of and i don't even stutter when I say Wilson Palacios is the best. He was rated by the The Sun as one of the top 10 signings this season in England but then again a team doesn't win by individuality. We definitely have speed over Mexico but we aren't gonna run laps around them. I think they are most organized and play as a TEAM better. This might be sticking my neck out a little but I think Honduras has better overall players. However, as a team, we sometimes let our mentalities break us down. I like how Mexico's players have a lot of experience together and they play their hearts out. I am a true fan of Rafa Marquez and I admire what he has done but Mexicans are way too cocky ALL THE TIME not just after good performances... it gets on my nerves. You guys don't give real arguments just come on to the thread and say shit like "Honduras has been to a World Cup in 26 years wooooo!".. It's our mentality... In 02' we were SOOO close but our mentality took over and we lost to T&T and the Mexicans threw a game to keep us from going... in 06' we didn't play well and we didn't deserve to go. But this World Cup, I think we'll go but Mexico's TEAM is better. Our PLAYERS are better. Phew... Long post.

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not really so far this had been much more good natured.

11. catracho19

catracho19 New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Oh... and our defense is our weakest link. Our Midfield is amazing and our Strikers aren't consistent. Our defense needs serious work, Boniek Garcia and Maynor Figueroa are the only ones who give consistent performances.

12. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    You have no idea how bad it was starting from about 2005 until a year ago:cool:

Anyways Mexico will most likely win at home, but one of their worst-ever loses came against Honduras in San Pedro Sula 7 years ago, a Honduran team without Suazo and inferior to this one. Both game should be classic matchups.

13. CiudadanoDelMundo

Mexico
    Jul 23, 2008
    Mexico City
    your telling me
    lol :)

14. angelsfan

angelsfan Member+

Jun 4, 2008
    So Cal
    yea ive been there
    mostly to argue with yanks:D

but seriously its a great place to
    make arguments that have nothing to do with soccer:D

15. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which video is better ?

Video 1
    [youtube]D0MwDb8xz1Q[/youtube]

Video 2
    [youtube]EG6xm3XT23M[/youtube]

16. CiudadanoDelMundo

Mexico
    Jul 23, 2008
    Mexico City
    Hahahaha # 2
    blanco is a favorite of mine :)
    him and his antics

17. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    True, but I was referring to their ideas of Mexico getting beaten. The thread has been pretty clean as far as insults go.

18. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    My prediction is a Mexico wins 3-2 possibly 4-2, the 2 goals in Honduras favor in account of Suazo's awesomeness.:p

19. oslomocx2

oslomocx2 New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Que te importa?
    NOTE: The above is only if they start Oswaldo Sanchez starts off as keeper. Otherwise Ochoa will probably keep it at one goal or less.

20. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    we will be lucky if two goal we get. Good suazo is, but overrate him not. A 1-0 win for us i hope.

21. CiudadanoDelMundo

Mexico
    Jul 23, 2008
    Mexico City
  22. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Oslomeister extrordinaire... do not make it sound as Mexico is invinsible I re-quote :"True, but I was referring to their ideas of Mexico getting beaten." does that mean Mexico can not be beaten... remember the bigger they are the harder they fall... Although it is a titanic feat Brazilian or Argentinian proportion, It can be done.

23. CiudadanoDelMundo

Mexico
    Jul 23, 2008
    Mexico City
    wheres that probability guy?
    i want to see the probability of the outcome

24. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'll answer the question because its obvious, mexico's probability to lose is like 10% the prob to win is like 45%...

25. CiudadanoDelMundo

Mexico
    Jul 23, 2008
    Mexico City
    I'm not looking for the obvious answer...i could have come up with that
    I want official stuff like that other guy here does
    and from someone who's not honduran or mexican