Mexico vs. Honduras 6-22-2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, Jun 19, 2011.

1. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lol. You guys play mental games with the Ticos. Rape them and then tell them they are the best team in the region and that they should keep playing the same way.

2. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The best in the region? Right... and who goes and personally tells their players and coaches these things? How obedient of them.

Could it perhaps be they have a little more dignity than trash talk only to come and play the way the rest of the centries do?

3. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    They only had ONE dangerous play all game, the goalie save just after Gios miss late in regulation time.

They hacked, bunkered and flopped. The big 3, not surprised.

4. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    We get respect from Mexico because we are the only CA team to beat Mexico in el Azteca....and from 1993-2002 Mexico couldn't beat us including 1 win and 2 draws in el Azteca...and 1 draw in Copa America in Bolivia. We also never (maybe once or twice) bunker, fake injuries or hack Mexico when we play them. The only difference now is that this generation of players we have suck....but i'm glad we don't play CA style football because it would be embarassing at the international level.

5. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Personally I think is the mutual respect both countries have for each other once the game is over were cool. The other central americans have a genuine dislike for Mexico at a cultural level. Not to mention all the shit they talk.

6. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    2002 was a long time ago Tico. You guys brought your A team and so did Mexico. The Mexicans say that this is the best Mexican team ever. You guys agree so you bend over before the game even starts. We on the other hand stand and bang with our B team and the Mexicans don't like that since we are supposed to be a walk in the park like you guys.

Tico ardido you guys had your time, it is our time and Panamas time now. For the record I think Panama is a bit better than Honduras and CR at the moment, but at least our coach has only been in the job for a couple of months and hasn't even decided on a starting 11 to use.

7. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Really? What game were you watching? Honduras had only 1 dangerous play in the WHOLE GAME!! That was almost at the end of regulation. Mexico was CLEARLY the better team.

8. Flipstar508

Flipstar508 Member+

Sep 7, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope all of Mexico's players will be fit to play the US. I seen Andres get targeted all night. I want to see my team win our cup back fair and square

9. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I respect the Ticos because they are a good team...simple as that. Yes they beat us back in 2002 in el Azteca..but we have also beaten them in thier own home field plenty of times. Didnt we beat Cost Rica at home 3-0 a few years bacK? And 4-1 a few weeks back?

10. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    B team? Lmao stfu sore ass loser.

11. fourloko

fourloko Red Card

Jun 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree I saw a A team.

12. fourloko

fourloko Red Card

Jun 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can u recall how much mexico beat c.r. in wcq games in san jose??? Or was that c.rica c team?

13. UNLMTD FNDS

UNLMTD FNDS Member

Aug 19, 2007
    "Bang" with your "B" Team?!?!?!?

[​IMG]

Lets not get into this type of back and forth argument. This was not your "B" team[PERIOD] There is no way you can assume that, since your team is under new technical direction. It is not as if he[Luis Suarez] has already taken this team to another competition fielding a completely different line-up, and in Copa Oro was forced to used a "make-shift" squad due to injury, suspensions, etc...

We can also agree [and I really hope you are objective enough to agree] that Honduras does not have the depth to boast of anything other than an "A" team. They[coaching staff]do not have the luxury of presenting anything other than their best available players. Whether you agree, or in this case disagree, about the selection of players chosen by your NT's coach is appropriate or not, it is your right to speculate and criticize.

So in summation that argument is futile.

I'm guessing that by bang you can only be referring to some of those hard fouls that completely missed the ball, then yes i agree. You actually "bang" with the best of them.

Again lets be very objective, every team in the world [including mine] has at times been faced with feelings of desperation, of impotence, and also sometimes blinded by pride. All these can lead to some VERY rough play and lead to loss of caution.

With that being said and maintaining objectivity, the Honduran NT at times showed very little caution and disregard for their Mexican colleagues. In a very personal opinion I attribute this type of play to extreme passion/borderline hate against Mexico by some of the Central American teams that is seen often in CONCACAF matches against Mexico[I know, I know, we can be rough too].

As an objective fan that I am asking you to be I will ask you this, why can't this same "passion/hate" not be mustered in other matches against other opposition?
    Chile and Switzerland are [In my humble opinion] within the same range of quality as Mexico (one more than the other).

I admit this is a loaded question because we both know that officiating at the world cup is in most cases eons away for that of CONCACAF so you wouldn't be able to play like that without seeing a couple of reds.

I hope I don't offend anyone with my post and am honestly trying to be as objective as possible.

I sincerely apologize for the LONG read and will anticipate any "get a blog" replies but I prefer to submit objective and constructive posts rather than have a gazillion of useless "one-liners"

14. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What about the first foul on Guardado where the dude came in to take his leg out and even lifted his leg as Guardado was falling. The ball wasn't in the air dude, it was already past him.

Dirty f*cks.

There were some parts of the game where you guys tried to keep the ball and you had some success, but you guys had like 2 shots on goal all game. One was that really good one that Talavera kept out. Better team at times? Everyone, except Hondureños are saying that Honduras went in to f*ck shit up. Especially targeting Guardado for good reason. He was raping the shit out of Honduras' right side from the get.

You guys are like the little Giants hoping for that ONE TIME.

15. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Very intense game last night.

Honduras did an admirable job in the midfield and I don't think they necessarily bunkered and were able to effectively close the gaps in their defensive third forcing Mexico to knock the ball around and ultimately compromise it by sending long balls over the top to Chicharito.

The catrachos showed they could do some damage when they attacked but they never really threatened so it's unfair to say they were "better". It seems like the Hondurans confuse winning balls in the midfield with being the better team overall.

I'm all for physical play and not backing down but some of the Honduran players went a bit over the top and could've finished the game with more than one ejection. The overly aggressive tackles when the ball wasn't in play is the epitome of an inferiority complex, which is rather surprising given the fact that Honduras showed they could actually compete by playing football instead of running their mouths and trying to break ankles. The day Hondurans realize that, they will start to fulfill their true potential.

Despite the unnecessary rough play by some of the players, big props to Honduras, they almost executed their game plan to perfection all the while missing some of their most important players.

As far as Mexico not beating Honduras outside of Azteca in 13 years LOL, I mean, how often do we play Honduras aside from WCQs? Sure, you beat us in the group stages of the 07 GC but then proceeded to lose to Guadaloupe in the quarters and every other time we have each other in a knockout game in the Gold Cup, Mexico has won. You guys have a funny way of twisting reality to make yourselves feel better when you have enough quality to compete with anyone in the region without resorting to mental masturbation.

Congrats to both teams for a hard fought game.

16. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Viva Costa Rica!!

17. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Bye Bye Honduras. Get your flopping, time wasting, hacking asses back into our little pocket.

And Viva Costa Rica.

18. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The more i see centries play us...the more respect i have for Costa Rica...

19. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Costa Rica, Mexico > U.S. and the rest of the talentless bunkering clowns.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    God, I'm lookin forward to the forums during Hexagonal time.

21. VincentVega

VincentVega Member

May 11, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sorry, i don watch univision.

22. VincentVega

VincentVega Member

May 11, 2011