Mexico vs. El Salvador June 5, 2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, May 28, 2011.

1. monarchos159

monarchos159 Member

May 19, 2011
    SATX
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that may be a bit of an overreaction.

2. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A bit maybe, but it's really tough to argue against Mexico being the stronger of the 2 programs. Mexico's reliable key players are much younger than the Dempseys and Donovans of the US...and the younger American players are still very much unproven and are for the most part just big question marks when it comes to their future with the USMNT.

That being said, this is still a solid American squad and they can definitely still beat Mexico. Once you get to the final, anything can happen, so we'll have to wait and see who prevails, if the final even in US/Mexico.

Random side note: Of all the very young significant National sides in the world, the only one I'm more excited for than Mexico is Belgium in terms of the next 2 world cups or so.

4. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Have you seen the new Brazil under Menesses, very young squad and looks very good.

But I dig your love for the Mexican squads, most of the fans are more excited for the youth WC to be honest. We have very solid youth programs.

5. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say Holden and Bradley are unproven. I would also say that a (healthy) midfield of Dempsey, Donovan, Bradley, and Holden is arguably the best in CONCACAF.

What has us shaking in our pants after last night is the fact that Holden and Feilhaber are out injured and our defense (other than Goodson) is either aging (Boca and Dolo), never recovered from injury (Onyewu), or unrpoven (Ream, Lichaj, Bornstein).

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Mexico did not look all that great in the first half. And in the 2nd half chicharito even missed a goal that he should have buried.

But once they got the first goal the floodgates opened and all hell broke loose for El Salvador. They could not see it coming and I will admit neither could I.

mexico proved their worth in this match and it seems like they are ready to rumble with anyone.

The Costa Rica match should be a classic like the last one in Chicago.

If I were Cuba I would just defect before the match in North Carolina. Things are going to get brutal.

7. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Sorry lmao I was trying to leave out the traditional world powers and should have made that clear.

8. RED_HOT_CHILI_PEPPER

Feb 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ES played with balls the 1st half. The 2nd half they just lost it for some reason. Im so happy for Chicharito what a future this guy has. The PK was awesome.

9. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0vkHANeUM"]Mexico vs Salvador 2011 Copa Oro[/ame]

10. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    did es even have 2 shots on goal In the first half? They just defended and defended. They had like 6 midfielders. porps to them for stopping them In the first half.

11. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000
    absolutely, Brazil's U20-U21's are looking spectacular. Franc has some good things coming up, but others like Italy, ARgentina, and England don't look all that impressive.

I'm not totally sold on Mexico's young talent just yet, itt'll take some time to check it out

and as for the Mexico-US thing, a big win against a weak team doesn't mean much...they'll probably meet down the road and it could always go either way

12. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Man it was a goal fest for Mexico. I am looking forward to the Costa Rica game in this game it will be an open game compared to this one.

13. BigDreams

BigDreams Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Windsor, ON, Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Mexico should lose all 3 points for fielding doped players! And E.S. awarded with the win :)

14. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

believe or not, i'm more salvi, then gerson mayen.

gringo wall of shame? WTF is that?

15. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Mayen doesn't take every chance he gets to take shots at our players or our football. Mayen is actually proud to be Salvadorian and wants to represent us internationally. Where as your anti Salvadorian posts are in several sections of this site. Seriously we get it you hate Salvadorian football move on already and just enjoy your yanks.

16. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    HAHAHA quere llorar quere llorar. Nombre bicho bayunco de Jorgito. You should be proud of being Salvadorian real talkl bro.

>UNO<