Mexico vs. El Salvador June 5, 2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, May 28, 2011.

1. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Mexico vs. El Salvador

First Round

2. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do you by any chance know the time of this game?

3. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    According to this :

8 PM Eastern USA
    7 PM Central USA
    5 PM Pacific USA

Local time would be 7 PM.

4. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    gracias maje.

5. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    mexico 5-salvador1

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  7. *E*S*2*

*E*S*2* Member

May 12, 2009
    N*Y*
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    here we go [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    3000-0

jalbadorenos gona cry

9. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
  10. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I see El Salvador giving Mexico a run for this one and beating them. Spain lost its first WC game and won the cup. Mexico should be fine after the lost.

>UNO<

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    El Salvador is going to have to be as fortunate as the swiss were against Spain that is for sure.

I see this being a close match with the slight edge to Mexico. The longer it is tied or not in Mexico's favor the more pressure they will feel from the crowd. A tie would feel like a win for El salvador in that case.

But can El salvador stop Barrera, Guardado and Chicarito for a full 90? I don't know if they can.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    whoops , double post.

13. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Let me have what your smokin LOL! If (IF) you guys win it will be like you guys winning a WC final:D

14. mcdwg76

mcdwg76 Member

Jan 30, 2009
    OKinawa, Japan
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    wow we won so many world cups already. :rolleyes:

Get off your cloud. El Salvador beat Mexico several times already, didn't feel like winning the world cup at, felt really good but that's it.

15. RJD22

RJD22 Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'll admit that I didn't watch the El Salvdor/Honduras game and the people who created the Youtube highlights might have left something out. But based on what I saw there I'm not very impressed. I mean if it wasn't for a blatant handball, several shots hitting the post and Valladares pulling a Robert Green. They more then likely would have lost 4-0, 4-2 maybe. So why are you El Salvdor fans so sure that their NT will give us a run for our money? If I did miss something then by all means explain what was going on with your team.. here's the highlights that I'm talking about

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA-TQHp_AYM"]YouTube - ‪El Salvador 2 Honduras 2 Amistoso para copa de oro 2011 28-05-11 Fito Zelay y Rudis Corrales‬&rlm;[/ame]

16. benitoelwerito

Nov 10, 2004
    Toluca
    Club:
    Club Deportivo FAS
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm really glad you pointed that out. If you notice, 95% of their attacks came from the right side. The player, Umanzor, who was placed there has not played in a club team for the past 6 months. I really don't know why Israel put him there, but the lesson has been learned. Our other defender Anaya had to constantly help Umanzor on the right, which left the other attackers a little more open. It also didn't help that our players were just not into the game. The passing was just boring and they made sure to keep it in our own territory. I haven't seen them play that bad a first half in a really really long time.
    The second half (last 20 minutes) was much better, but that was after some changes were made by Honduras, and we made changes by putting in our younger players, which I'm glad to know that 3 of them will be starting against Mexico. I don't think we'll see the same team that we saw versus Honduras. It'll be much improved, but still, Mexico is a damn good side, and I can see them putting a couple past us if we decide to just defend. I hope the plan is to put Mexico on their heels, but we'll see.

17. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mejico 4-0 ES.

chicharito,most likely will get the goals.

18. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    I dont think mexico will win by a large scoreline, remember they barely beat nicaragua last time. as a man united fan i hope cheech spends alot more time on the bench next season use him as a solskjaer cuz he is waaaaccckkk and not a game changer

19. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol

u mad?

20. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    finally, mexico has a pretty decent squad, If you guys don't bunker, I see a azteca repeat:cool:

21. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, mejico. shall walk all over, el salvador.

mejico. does have 10 world cup. experiences, and that's it, LOL.

22. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fyp

23. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hmm, by your name, I'm pretty sure You're a salvie rooting for the nads. right? just for once, I would love to see the nads bring it to us and not counter. but hey, I'm dreaming I know that won't happen:cool:

24. Top Gun

Top Gun New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Clos bro relax, If Mexico doesn't beat El Salvador they should be a shame. Mexico is playing at home away from home. That's the reason why they make this games next to the border. Gold cup is not where you show how strong your national team is. They should show that in the world cup. That's right they go to the world cup and show what what they really are, A team with no real world cup talent. It's just funny, talk your crap in the gold cup that's all you got, hahaha funny

25. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You guys should put Jorgito on the gringos wall of shame, Real Salvis would disown this dude. His representing USA his just a salvi troll. as for the Salvadorian fans I think maybe there's 30k of them at the stadium. Should be fun starting beef with the Mexican fans they get rattle up pretty easy.

>UNO<