Mexico vs. Costa Rica 6-12-2011

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by aguimarães, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Navas...playing second division? WTF...dude was beasting

2. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Yeah...he signed with Albacete because his mentor Gabelo Conejo advised him to join that club then move to a better club. Since Albacete dropped to the 3rd division he will most likely move to La Liga, EPL, or Eredivisie (according to the Spanish press but they been saying the same thing about Ruiz for years so i don't know).

Navas was definitely our best player today (as usual against stronger teams) which is sad:D

3. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    great keeper...

Ive been waiting on Ruiz to blow up...still young but he needs out of the Erendivise

4. Bujias

Bujias Member

May 4, 2007
    Mexico, GDL.
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Damn i just realize how bad my spelling was right there, sorry about that, im the fool/full.. lol.

About the game, im really glad the way Mexico is playing, first half in this game seemed a lot better than the last 2 games, didnt expect it to go like this again, expected a win being a close match but not like this.

And ticos, i know your better than that, hope to see you guys back in form soon.

5. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Ese Navas es un porterazo.

Achica muy bien y es muy seguro. La defensa lo expuso muy feo.

6. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Its frustrating to see cr always play small against mexico, we showed in the second half that we have what it takes to shut down your offense and be competitive against you. The first half was a disaster where you can clearly see most of the ticos were just ball watching while mexick did what they had to do. Not giving your opponent space in front of the goal to nake plays is SOCCER 101 and yesterday these dudes clearly showed they freeze up mentally in big games. Good win for mexico.

7. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    To be fair we started taking it easy in 2nd half. We can't risk injury our fatigue.

8. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    If we face Costa Rica again in the semis or final, I expect Lavolpe to stick with the same formation but maybe change some things around.

I would take Saborio out and let Urena play from the start up top with Campbell, move Bryan Ruiz back a bit and let him hold the ball and draw fouls and also play balls into space for Campbell.

Costa Rica has some dangerous players and could very well do some damage if Lavolpe isn't too chicken shit.

9. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Saborio and Junior Diaz are garbage IMO. I expect a compact midfield and hard pressure by the Ticos next time.

10. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Junior Diaz is CONCACAF's worst defender by far....it was a blessing in disguise when he injured his knee this past season and didn't play in any of our friendly's...don't undersatnd why Lavolpe decided to bring him to this cup.

Saborio should just stay on the bench and come in if we are down to win some aerial balls.

11. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah I think you should just go with Urreña and Ruiz up top.

12. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would like to read antonios perspective of the game, hopefully he gets around to posting.

13. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we did, were just taking It easy. and what's with this ruiz dude they talk so much about. I haven't seen sh1t from him that makes him world class or even top striker In concamex. just like that nasralla dude talking about hi mighty suazo lol

14. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006
    He's better at club level than he is with the NT (he does have better players around him of course in Holland). I would imagine Ruiz being more productive if he played with a team like Mexico who always attacks well. If Benfica do sign him i think he would be huge there providing a lot of assist and some goals (i hear Guardado might be joining Benfica too).

15. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    oh, It's that my crc friend keep saying ruiz this and ruiz than. and to be honest I haven't notoce anything special. and yea, ruiz and guardado will be nice.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DixXucVTqp8"]YouTube - ‪Mexico - Costa Rica 6/12/2011‬‏[/ame]

Soldiers field.

17. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    No se donde metir me cabeza:eek: I didn't bother with the second half, and dunno what to say other than to give El Tri their props; they would have been better off taking this team to the Copa America and letting their u-23 have at the Gold Cup.

Not to take away from the fantasy football Mexico is playing, but we seriously need to learn to play defense or we'll never get anywhere. Since as far back as I can remember (around 1990) whenever we've lost, it's usually a blowout. Hope we can put this behind us for the quarterfinals.

18. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wana see this team again in the Semis... you guys should do better...

van vs. el poderosisimo biotipo perfecto de jonduras! ufff!! Costly y compania, cuidado!!

19. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Costa Rica is a good team, I hope you guys get passed Honduras. See you in the semis!