Mexico Honduras II 9-9-09

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by aguimarães, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  2. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    http://goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2009/09/10/1491993/player-ratings-mexico-1-0-honduras

Mexico

Guillermo Ochoa 7 - Was barely tested in the first had but had key positioning against Izaguirre’s shots. Had a great save against De Leon to keep the three points alive.

Jose Antonio Castro 5 - With little pressure to the defense Castro did very little down the right. Castro lost a ball which was almost converted into a goal though.

Ricardo Osorio 6.5 - Was precise on his long touches, covered Carlos Pavon very well.

Jonny Magallon 6 - Great kick in the first half to test Valladares, Magallon did well to cover Salcido when he decided to go up.

Carlos Salcido 7 - Did well to come off his line and filter down the left, He found space but had trouble finding his teammates, Salcido’s passes got better but his teammates could not connect.

Efrain Juarez 6 - Gave golden passes inside the box but his team mates could not finish them. He looked out of place at times deciding to go towards the right flank, instead of playing in the middle.

Israel Castro 5.5 - Did very little to influence the game, had a go from long distance but nothing came from it.

Andres Guardado 7 - was active early on with his signature passing. Did well to connect with Salcido and win the left side.

Giovani Dos Santos 7.5 - was not afraid to take on the Catrachos, but needed a little more precision with his passing. Dos Santos did well to provoke the penalty which then resulted in El Tri’s first goal.

Cuauhtémoc Blanco 8 - imprecise with his touches early in the game. Blanco did way better in the second half and capped off his night with a well placed penalty. Blanco also provoked the Catrachos all night long with his words helping them focus their attention on him and not the game.

Miguel Sabah 4.5 - Missed three opportunities that were very good chances for goal.

Substitutes

Pablo Barrera 5 - Did not do any differently than Jose Antonio Castro, he also had a go from distance but it went wide.

Juan Carlos Cacho 5.5 - Set up Dos Santos with his first touch, which resulted in a penalty and a goal. Cacho did well to find space but lacked the finishing touch.

Oscar Rojas - N/A

Honduras

Noel Valladares 6 - Looked nervous and had some trouble controlling the ball in the wet conditions, saved a crucial ball that was bound for goal by Blanco. Guessed well on the penalty but it had too much on it.

Mauricio Sabillon 3.5 - Had trouble defending his side in the first half, as most of the Mexican’s attacks came off the left flank

Osman Chavez 5.5 - Did well to cut off the Mexicans passes before they could generate any danger.

Maynor Figueroa 4 - Had key clearances through out the game. Committed the penalty against Dos Santos which resulted in the only goal.

Emilio Izaguirre 5.5 - Used his head to cut off anything in the air, had good looks in the second half which almost resulted in goals

Amado Guevara 4.5 - Left the Mexicans free to try long distance shots and received an unnecessary yellow which will make him miss Honduras' next game.

Danilo Turcios 4 - Got a silly yellow in the beginning and will not feature for Honduras in their next game. Guardado gave him problems all game long

Wilson Palacios 5 - Palacios did well in the back saving his team but was inconsistent in the attack.

Ramon Nuñez 5 - Played well individually but his passes lacked precision.

David Suazo 5 - Found space but his teammates didn’t follow and at the end he could do nothing.

Carlos Pavon 5.5 - Was a ghost for the first half. Had the tie in stoppage time, but his header went wide.

Substitutes

Oscar Garcia 5.5 - Gave Honduras an instant spark in the second half and did a better job than his counterpart Sabillon

Carlo Costly 4 - Costly barely even touched the ball and had no effect on the game

Julio Cesar De Leon 6 - “Rambo” could do little to lift his team. He had a key corner but skied it well over everyone. He blasted a shot towards goal in the final minutes but Ochoa made a great save.

3. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Thanks for posting that

4. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJH7taiy0dM"]YouTube - Mexico vs Honduras 1-0 September 9, 2009 Highlights All Goals WC Qualifier Azteca[/ame]

5. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ******** tu cola. It wont hurt me if you don't pay your debt, it'll just show what a pu$$y you are.

6. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  7. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My dear Mosco,

We don't need to destroy anyone for pride... leave that to them. Remember we have nothing to prove to anyone in CONCACAF, it's the other way around, there is no pride in humiliating El Salvador, specially at Azteca.

In all seriousness, there is no need to run up the score and frustrate players, if we want that first place we are going to get it, not with GD but straight up with points (unless the catrachos slip at home). We don't need ES to be humiliated, been there done that, we certainly don't need them so mad that they will start hacking players.

Just get the 3 points at home, hopefully they come and play... Other teams have talked a lot and then came and parked the bus... muy machos que son...para hablar... romper uno que otro vidrio en el vestidor, classy, yeah, way to back up the big talk.

Moises,

Way to honor the bet, kudos.

Why did your team get so obsessed with a little point?(tie) They lost a key player, I've been saying that the important game was the 10/10 game. Sorry to say this but it just goes on to show that deep down Honduras still looks up to us and the "we didn't make the WC but we beat Mexico" mentality is still preventing teams to grow beyond that... playing Mexico hard. All points are important, but there are expensive points, and there are easy less risky points, going for the expensive ones just to "show them" was not very smart (aside form the fact that it is close to impossible).

That said, nice defending, it was bunkering but it was well implemented, frustrating for us, but effective (to a degree) for you. I think you'll make the WC, in 3rd place which is very good. good luck on 10/10...

peace

/p

8. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Not that it's any of my beef, BUT the guy is already paying up. TTM already said Moises can't go into the forums that you want him to go to. Give it a rest.

9. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I send him to World Rivalries, but he says it wasn't part of the deal. I was suppose to choose his location for a month in addition to the avatar and the sig, but he says it was only supposed to be the description where it says location under your name. I'm no sure if it was a misunderstanding, or him just trying to get out of a portion of the bet.

10. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I thought by location you meant the thing under the avatar, if you had meant the other thing, you should have said something along the line you can only post in.

11. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk[/ame]

12. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Honestly, I think their was confusion. Because i've always understood "location" during bets meant that open space by your avatar. Anyhow, next time just make shit a little clearer. :D

13. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No, the location is the location in the forum. It common sense.

14. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Hot tub time machine is a forum?

if so, please post the link

15. drunkguy10

drunkguy10 El Sancho

Dec 26, 2006
    No idea
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont really care, but the guy is bragging about owning up to the bet, when he didn't do it completely.

16. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    thats what it was pendejo do you still want me to put anything there
    ??? CH@NGO?

17. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We need to get this shit clear. :mad: I'm Erick the legend.

18. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  20. Lil Puppet

Lil Puppet Member+

Feb 11, 2007
    A Basket
    Club:
    FC Illychivets Mariupol
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    lmao...

21. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    drunkguy when a bet is placed of avie sig location, the location is more than always the space under the avie where you write something witty.

22. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Separate mierda

23. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It was Barrera that set up the penalty, not Cacho.

24. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, we should be seperated. You should go with the losers, osea pumas, and me with the winners, osea Club America.

FYI

Club America has the only player to ever win the scoring title in a row in the copa libertadores. :cool: Yeah hate us because we are the best team in Mexico and the NT depends on us too much. :)

25. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    please give him a break his a crack baby.