Mexican Commentators...kicked out???

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Argentine Futbol, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did the mexican announcers get kicked out for all that crap last year? I actually wrote a letter the the conmebol. They were the most unprofessional bunch i have ever heard. I thought Archie Mcpherson was almost at the point of going over board but at least he was funny.

2. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    True, what happened to the mejicans? heh

It was obvious that these mejicans have no clue as to what they were involved in. No knowledge, no personality, no professionalism, not a damn thing! I hope they're gone for good... so they leave the Copa Libertadores up to real professionals.

3. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Jorge ramos is one who was calling the shots. He's pretty good. last year is was pretty pathetic what the mexicans were saying.

4. pepehyo

pepehyo Member

Nov 15, 2002
    Parker, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I don't know what happen to them, but I am glad they are gone!

5. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    thank god they're gone. it's neither the guys straight from Fox Sports' Mejico or that dumbass Jacobo in LA.

great change by the morons at FSE. I thought we were doomed for life with the mexi's.

It's Jorge Ramos now and a partner. They don't do bad at all. He's pretty much neutral most of the time. also, is it me or when he narrates does it sound like he's live in the stadium? I think that's pretty cool. :cool:

6. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, Its a real pleasure listen to Jorge ramos and of course the argentines are still commenting. Like i said i wrote a letter right after the Copa Suadamericana to the conmebol. Of course they probably didn't read it and if they did, than hopefully it contributed. The Mexican Commentators are the worst biased piece of sh1ts i have ever heard. Even my dad was upset at some of the things they were saying. As of right now, the Worst incidents in the history of the Conmebol has included two mexicans clubs Chivas and America and now the Commentating..

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    no les podemos tirar tierra todos por su nacionalidad, si en fox mejoro la cosa en ESPN espanol si estan de caida!

el bobo de mario kempes nunca tiene nada que ayudar en el contexto periodistico, solo boludeces dice....gracias a dios ya casi ni aparece, ese por lo menos puede irse a entrenar con panama, pero samuel jacobo?

espn muestra cricket, poker y aveces hockey femenino de grama! eso si es un pesar para una cadena que quiere ser grande

8. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It is definitely so much better with without the mex. commentadors, specially
    Samuel Jacobo... It's good to hear Jorge Ramos... The argie commentadors are pretty good for the most part.

9. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Jorge Ramos is alright, but kisses too much Mexican ass.

10. Guti™

Guti™ Moderator

Mar 6, 2005
    La Victoria
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ....and doesnt know sh!t about SA players, fvcker cant even get the names right :rolleyes:

11. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    well, to be fair, he's not in the stadium.

It's not the same. :cool:

12. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    The argentine commentators are not in the Stadium either, and they are flawless.

13. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    which ones? Niembro and Clauss are always in the stadium, so they can see the position of players and can quickly tell which one is which.

Bignolo and Fernando Pacini aren't. I've heard them call a player that isn't that player.

14. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I think they are only in the stadium when the games are in Argenina.

Yesterday in the game between Cali and Corinthians, I am sure they where not in the Stadium.

15. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Flawless ??..HAHA !! every ********ing commentator on that piece of shit channel are pathetic..EVERYONE !~!!

16. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    Let's start a thread of : "Translation of mexican narrators"

Here's the first one, I think this is from Atl.Nacional-America:
    "El juego a bajado el nivel mucho" = Atl.Nacional is passing the ball around all over the field and America can't get the ball and when they do, they lose it after 2 passes.

Here's one of my favorite ones:
    "Oye, que crees tu, que Velez va a sentenciar el juego primero (estaba dominando) o que America va a empatar. <el otro tipo> No se, yo no soy brujo" = Velez was dominating the game completely and the narrator was so biased that he thought about saying that Velez was close to scoring again, but he wasn't going to allow himself to say it.

17. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

They are pathetic!! The major footballing powers should be the one's looking down on these non -historically- contributing football nations but the fact remains that Mexican commentating is worst disgraceful pieces of sh1t I have ever heard. Must ********ing suck to know that you really don't count.. Jorge ramos is decent.. BASICALLY, ALL I WANT IS THE GAME TO BE CALLED FAIR AND SQUARE,, THE WAY IT IS AND NOT WHAT SOME BEANERS CONJURES UP AND WHAT HIS RIO GRANDE EYE TO SEE!!

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    If professionalism to you is kissing your ass, that is one thing. I hate the US spanish media (be it Mexican, South American, etc). They are all a bunch of rejects that cater first and foremost to nationalities.

but lets call a spade a spade. This has to do with you guys in the US, feeling sour about the importance that the Mexicans recieve and you criticize US spanish media as if it is Mexican media. If you want to criticize, criticize your own networks, newspapers, etc

The "real" mexican press (radio, tv, etc) is light years ahead of its south and central american counterparts and has been for decades. We were already televising live football matches when most of your nations could not. Angel Fernandez was calling matches for Telesistema (Televisa) before some of your nations had their own television networks.

There is a reason why most spanish speaking media members try to land jobs in Mexico.

19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

O.K the U.S. Mexican media suck major fcvkking balls.. Better now? and kissing our ass is not what anyone wants. We just want good intelligent futbol matches being called the way it is and not some commentator who is obviously biased. Your press is light years ahead of us? in what aspect? like televising your shows in Europe?

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/A/htmlA/argentina/argentina.htm

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/M/htmlM/mexico/mexico.htm

20. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Like Fernando Fiorre, Jorge Ramos, Ricardo Mayorga, Andres Cantor, Norberto Longo, etc? They are not Mexican and they suck. I admit, Jacobo like Pablo Ramirez suck balls... but I dont assume just because one announcer wears the same flag I do, that they re incapable ot sucking

And your south american counterparts are just that more professional?

Your (Arg) television began in 1951. We had colored television before you had nothing. I am not trying to belittle any country or their contributions but trying to belittle ours shows you know nothing about Mexico and thier contributions in radio, television, literature, publishing, etc. Without trying to be conceited, we were the pioneers. Mexico's importance in politics, literature, film, radio, is second to none in Latin America (most of the world.)

You should read the book "Mexico 86: Como Mexico no hay dos" written by your fellow countryman, Jorge 'Che' Ventura. He mentions the importance of television (more so, Mexican television).

21. ROMERO879

ROMERO879 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    So glad that the mexicans dont do the commentary anymore, they are shiat. Argie commentators arent biased tho.

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    that could be true, and I am glad for your advances, the same does not mean that you can reach out to international audiences!

they have to stay in their own boundaries, and keep happy campers like your self, some of us have higher standards when it comes to futbol comments.

23. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Maybe they could get Chavo del Ocho to do the commentary. :D

24. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We usually just mute the tv and listen to it from the internet.
    They use to annoy the hell outta me.

25. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Co sign

Plus I want to add, that Televisa was the first Television company to record games and show them to the public, the 1962 World Cup in Chile. The games were taped then sent back to Mexico. Were later shown like a week later. First time in history.

You guys are just generalizing.

Almost every commentator working in the US could not land a job in their respective country. Pablo Ramirez (Univision) could never be lead man, for Televisa or TV Azteca. The guys from Fox Sports couldn't even get jobs at Telemundo or Univision, that is how horrible they are.

Jorge Ramos is not very good either. There is a reason why he was let go by Telemundo.

Cantor and Longo (RIP) were the best of the group, but that is not saying much.

But you know what the worst part is?

If Enrique Bermudez, Javier Alarcon, Raul Orvañanos (Televisa) or Emilio Fernando Alonso (TV Azteca) were commentating some you guys would still hate them, just for the mere fact that they were Mexican.