MEX & USA NT talk. Please behave or be immediately banned

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by #Vela, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    FOr some reason Vancouver just always seems to blow it. They seem mentally fragile to me. I have little faith in Vancouver to turn that scoreline around.

All I was implying with my comments about FCD's players is that the strength of their team is in the middle of the field. The two central midfielders and two centerbacks are really solid That block of four is the best of any team in MLS. They're weaker defensively on the wings. This is why Pachuca missing Lozano is a big deal. He'd torch this defense. It would be a terrible matchup for FCD. Figueroa, the Honduran international on the left side, is a sturdy defender. However, he can be beaten like a mule in one-on-one encounters with wingers.

2. cv11

cv11 Member

Feb 8, 2016
  3. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Fake news

slaminsams repped this.
  4. PaltryWings7

PaltryWings7 Member

Nov 16, 2014
    sidspaceman, jared9999 and DankYummy repped this.
  5. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    San jose sucks, Pachuca is your champs.
    I don't practice fake news.

Gilma1990 repped this.
  6. #Vela

#Vela Member+

you don't need to practice fake news because you ARE fake news

sidspaceman, Overachiever and Gilma1990 repped this.
  7. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    On My Squatty Potty
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    United States
    When Brek Shea is your starting CF, you have more problems than being mentally fragile.

As an aside, Manneh's development seems to have gone to shit up there. Kid once was being eyed by major EPL clubs. A few years later he's added nothing to his game and couldn't even get on the pitch vs Tigres.

Contract is up in Dec. Hopefully he goes and finds a decent situation where he might get taught a thing or two.

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Hey, he was just called up to the national team!!!!

The state of American goalkeeping is a really interesting discussion. Since the early 90's we've had a parade of outstanding goalkeepers (Meola to Friedel to Keller to Howard). These keepers bailed us out of many games that we didn't have much business winning. Its been taken for granted. With Howard in his last years and Guzan returning to the states with Atlanta, there isn't an elite American goalkeeper in Europe. And the "next generation" of elite American goalkeepers hasn't broken thru. There's a list of guys with "potential," [Hamid, Bingham, Horvath, Steffen, the list goes on] but not many that are actually performing at that international-caliber level. 'Tis a problem.

Of course MLS is paying players a lot more to stay in the US, so just the sheer number of players in Europe isn't as relevant as it used to be. [Getting more similar to Liga MX in that regard.]

Manneh has electric physical tools. I'm not yet convinced by his "soccer brain."

We need him for the Texas national team for when we secede!!! Good bench option, but I'd probably have Shea Salinas or Khiry Shelton over him as a bench wing/forward option right now. Texas national team is looking really strong right now. Soon we can have the US versus Mexico versus Texas thread!

We need to wait for a dominant forward before can secede, though. We've got everything else. In fact, if we had a national team caliber forward.........................we'd compete effectively (maybe even be favored) against California. Probably the first time in US soccer history that another state can say that. We're close. Would probably need to start Dempsey up top, which he can do, but isn't his best position.

9. beat junky

beat junky Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    CA
    There you go Gilman...that's all you.:thumbsup:

Gilma1990 repped this.
  10. PaltryWings7

PaltryWings7 Member

Nov 16, 2014
    He's been recently called up to your national team. Explain this to me

sidspaceman and DankYummy repped this.
  11. Golden_

Golden_ Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Mexico
    I was expecting the ccl match today. Why did they add 3 weeks between home and away?

12. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    International break and they want to be like Europe.

Unak78 and Gilma1990 repped this.
  13. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Mexico
    is Elis actually doing alright in MLS?? He struggled with Monterrey's reserves

DankYummy repped this.
  14. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Pachuca, Hidalgo
    Club:
    Club América
    Mexico
    No they ain´t. The ferrari your champion Shawn. Bow to your champion!

15. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Pachuca, Hidalgo
    Club:
    Club América
    Mexico
    Is team USA gonna get on the board on Friday?:whistling:

16. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Pachuca, Hidalgo
    Club:
    Club América
    Mexico

So you guys would stop crying about preseason

[​IMG]

bemore_, DGreat, DankYummy and 3 others repped this.
  17. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Come on son

Gilma1990 repped this.
  18. Footsatt

Footsatt Member+

Apr 8, 2008
    Michigan
    United States
    #16968 Footsatt, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    This is not that bad since he has a total of 71 mins in MLS since 2015.

He was injured in his first league game in 2015... Was out the rest of the year and came back in 2016 when Drogba was on the team. He did not see the field and was traded twice. Currently he's a backup with SKC... He is 23 now, and needs to get some minutes this year.

19. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Well.................he was also a 3rd round draft pick out of Princeton. 3rd Round draft picks out of Princeton are playing the in the USL. He had that one amazing moment against Pachuca, and that probably will be his career.

Elis is starting out alright in MLS, although his Honduran teammate Romell Quioto has probably started out stronger. Those two plus an active Cubo are a huge upgrade on what Houston has had the last couple of years.

I don't get Cubo Torres. He'll look incredible for a couple of months and then disappear for a couple of years. No consistency whatsoever. When he's playing well he looks like one of the best forwards in MLS.

Houston, as a city, is the biggest mystery in US soccer. Very few MLS and international caliber players come out of Houston. Meanwhile, you can write three starting XIs with players from Dallas-Fort Worth. Historically and today, DFW is one of the "meccas" of US soccer. I have no clue why Houston hasn't developed into that.

GrandeSoccer and Unak78 repped this.
  20. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Pachuca, Hidalgo
    Club:
    Club América
    Mexico
    Don't pretend like y'all wouldn't be throwing it in our face if Dallas or Vancouver win SCCL

21. Footsatt

Footsatt Member+

Apr 8, 2008
    Michigan
    United States
    You are probably correct... SKC has 7 Forwards on their roster. 6 of them make the game day roster. Cameron does not. And apparently he was loaned to a USL club last season.

22. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nigeria
    Wouldn't that just be called karma by then??

23. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Pachuca, Hidalgo
    Club:
    Club América
    Mexico
    Good thing we ain't gonna find out:sneaky::coffee:

24. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    On My Squatty Potty