Metrostars - RSL [R] : April 2 - Pre, PBP, Post

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by prk166, Apr 1, 2005.

1. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Well folks, the first season is about to start! TOmorrow is the first match against the crap-o-stars. IIRC they had the first defense in the league last year. It'll be interesting to see if they can do much to stop Mathis, Williams, Kries and others tomorrow.

Anyway, use this thread to speculate on the starting line-up, injuries, PBP and such.

And here's to starting the season with a brace from Kries!

2. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    It's just a downer that weather will likely be a factor... may the soccer gods bless us with no rain tomorrow during the game, or at least, kept to a minimum...

3. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    Just wanted to chime in and say welcome to the league. Hope its a great game tommorrow and that Clint doesn't get revenge on us too bad. The weather looks awful but that should only make the game more interesting. Cheers!

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the welcome.

I expect a 4-4-2 from RSL, with Bechke, Pope, Akwari and Dunseth in the back; Kamler, Williams as central mids with Rojas and Selolwane as wings and of course Kreis and Mathis up front.

Rojas and Selolwane might be tired from their national call ups, so look to Whitfield, Kremameyer and Cila to come in as subs. I think RSL's defense is pretty much a sure thing except for a mix of Dunseth/Akwari/Pierce. Anyone of those can switch out.

2-1 RSL

5. jorge805

jorge805 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Vegas
    Here's to both teams staying injury-free in the awful weather.
    2-0 RSL

6. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    "

There is no one left on the Metros this year not even a starting Keeper he is hurt so unless your total crap I don't think you can lose.

Mathis said he thought the Metrostars fans hate him that is total crap we loved him. However after his last injury people expected him to come back and he didn't. I can't blame him for that he had some many things he can do might be impossible to come back completely from it. Best player this country ever produced before he got hurt.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When or where did Mathis say fans hated him?

8. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Keep the tradition ALIVE keep NJ in the waste lands of low ratings low attendance bad Front office and keep MLS wondering if they should pull the plug on that ABORTION in NJ... TRASH the metroscrubs and have them kick off their season the only way they know how by losing yet another game...send them into 2005 with their first of many bad results to come.......

perhaps then some one in AEG will wake up from their coma and fire every one in NJ up and down the line...

good luck RSL and may today be a goalfest for you on the EMBARASMENT of the league...

9. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Only a few more hours until game time!

10. kjo199

kjo199 Member

Mar 29, 2005
    NYC
    U guys must be getting pumped. Almost game time. Welcome to MLS, but don't get too ahead of yourselves, it isn't easy for players who never played together before, to all of a sudden gel before the 1st game. But if there is any team that it can be done against its the 'stars. i think you'll sneak into the playoffs in a weak west. so good luck guys.

11. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    wooo-hooo!!!!!

12. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    INJURY REPORT:

METROSTARS - GK Jonny Walker (rotator cuff surgery); MF Youri Djorkaeff (L quadriceps strain); QUESTIONABLE: MF Eddie Gaven (L ring finger fracture); FW Mike Magee (L MCL sprain)

REAL SALT LAKE - OUT: DF Jeff Stewart (R knee surgery); MF Evan Whitfield (R ankle sprain); PROBABLE: DF Brian Dunseth (R foot contusion); FW Clint Mathis (L shoulder sprain); DF Eddie Pope (pelvic inflammation)

13. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ouch, i tore my quad junior year, 3 months of rehab after a season of wearing a brace just to play. quad injuries are DEVISTATING.

god im so excited, i wish i was in slc just so i could see the game. all well, ill be following it on the net. maybe someplace will get streaming video.

1. more. hour.

14. 0413117

0413117 New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    England
    It's getting on for 1 in the morning here in England so i'm off to bed. I realy want to stay up and listen to the game but i'm in work at 8 in the morning which is like 7 hours away. I'll check back in to find out how we got on tommorrow/later

15. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Games about to kick off. For folks without cable or direct kick, video and audio are available on MLSnet.com

16. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    It looks windy and it's raining. Announcers saying it's been raining all day long.

17. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Startling Lineups

Metrostars

Wells
    Agoos - Mendes-Parke -Leitch

Bradley - Guevara -Lisi

Galvan Rey -Wolnyiec- Gaven

18. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    It's not a rule but as a favor, please don't comment on other game results outside of the [result] tag. Some folks may be taping other games or planning on nabbing them via bit torrernt to watch them after this match. Sure, we can't do much about the announcers, but let them be the spoilers.

Gracias!

19. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    0'

Metrostars start the game

It's rainy and the wind is swirling

20. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    2' RSL with a pass into the box that's cleared

21. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    RSL Starters

Countess
    Behncke- Pope -Akawari -Pierce
    Kamler
    Rojeas -Williams -Selowane
    Mathis-Kreis

22. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Gaven knocks it out.

GK -> RSL

23. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Wind seems to swirl a bit but also going from left to right; NY goal to RSL goal

5' CK for NY

24. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    This game is Michael Bradley's first.

25. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else having trouble with the "Sights and Sounds" link webcast?