Metro Playoff Failure and Other Other Team News

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Petworth Posse, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Petworth Posse

Feb 24, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    FLSoccerGran and Winoman repped this.
  2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm more disgusted that a thread on this board comes close to acknowledging that other "team."

3. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great. With this thread title + our luck lately, you've just guaranteed they win MLS Cup now. :)

4. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
  5. Murr

Murr Member+

Apr 14, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    DC United
    Is this tread replacing the other teams discussions that's locked?

If so, Barca are getting hit with the injury bug as they are barely hanging on to a 1-0 lead against some Spanish USL squad

6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    There was already a 2017 thread when this thread was created. It also has a bad title, but it has more posts and has been stickied. It was started by one of those mods who is busy preparing to support another team that stole a bit of United's identity yet will have a much nicer stadium well before United.

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/mommy-whats-a-dp-the-2017-other-teams-thread.2038654/

DCUSA repped this.
  7. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    A colleague at work (big rugby fan) was asking about Laughing Cow Arena and upcoming rugby being played there. I looked up RBA and rugby on Google Images and stumbled upon this little gem (below).

The story is dated from last summer.

FFS! What marketing.

Laughing Cow Arena is hardly new. It's probably already started to take-on rust. And yet, the Cows still suffer stories like this:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/05/new-york-red-bulls-red-bull-arena/

8. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Claudio Ranieri fired.

Look, I couldn't tell you three things about English soccer. But you have to give that guy a year after conjuring up a miracle last season. It's a bad look.

DCUSA and onefineesq repped this.
  9. DCUSA

DCUSA Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They say he lost the team. What? I'd be tempted to lose the players that make up the team and keep the coach that did the impossible. I mean, how stupid are the players? Whatever, Leicester will sink back to irrelevance now, anyone can see that - except these bonehead players and shortsighted ownership.