Met JMM Yesterday

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by jd2084, Feb 3, 2003.

1. jd2084

jd2084 New Member

Aug 1, 2001
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was travelling home to Connecticut from Boston Saturday night and the weather was getting pretty bad from the snow so my fiance and I pulled into the Holiday Inn Express near Foxboro rather than drive. In the morning we were sitting at the Continental Breakfast when I saw a guy with his young son. After a couple of glimpses I realized who it was. When I told my finace she told me to talk to him, but I didn't want to bother him while he was with his son. When I went out to start the car to get going, she struck up a conversation with him. He ended up being really cool and talked for a while. She mentioned that I was a big fan. When I came back in he said hi and shook my hand. It was pretty cool.

2. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    i think most guys approach this scenario the same way you did, i know i have.....thank god for wives..who have no fear.
    ;)

3. RevsSoccerFan

RevsSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe-Max always seems kid and fan friendly from what I've seen.

A co-worker (not a soccer fan) told me a new Rev was on Sports Final last night (2/2). He wanted to know what I thought about him coming to the team and thought the guy was a "good ambassador for the sport." Said he was a player that used to be in England so I'm assuming it was JMM. Anyone see it?

4. Fox had both JMM and Wolde Harris on the set. It was about a 5 minute piece with a lot of old footage including Wolde boxing with the corner flag and JMM doing his flip after scoring.