Messi vs Pele and Maradona

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Daniel96, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Pele is the Greatest Of All Time.

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know about Pele, but after watching Maradona play, I thought that I'd never in my life see another player as good as Maradona. Now that I'm seeing Messi, I don't know, I'm having second thoughts. Lets wait and see how his whole career develops.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Im also having second thoughts of Messi being better than Maradona, but I dont think there will ever be someone better than Pele. Because PELE IS THE KING OF FOOTBALL.
    The closest player to Pele was Ronaldo back in the late 90s before he got injured especially from 1996-1998, I think Pre-Injured Ronaldo is probably better than Maradona and Messi, but after Ronaldo got injured he wasnt the same player.

Neymar is also another great player I think he is already in the TOP 3 today and he just turned 20 years old.
    If anyone can surpass Messi in the next few years it is Neymar, if he cant then no one will.
    have you seen the goal Neymar scored few days ago against Internacional? he ran the whole field from the half-way line and scored.

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You do know where you are, right?

6. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    jaja it had to be said.

Pele for me is hard to assess because of the level of competition he played against. It was just a different game with the physical conditioning of players. I wonder what his game would look like in todays game against the physical freaks that are playing. He'd also be adjusted to todays game but you just dont know how it would be.

and yeah we dont need this thread againId say, but who am I to say. I was composing my "was 9/11 an inside job?" thread.

7. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Do you think anyone here gives a fu(k what a 16 year old thinks?

Shouldn't you be on your playstation right now, or at least dreaming of banging your babysitter?

Go get your white shirt and tie on, jovem, you are late for the school bus.

And stop doing THAT all the time ... you'll go blind, and get hairy palms.

GTFO

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pele was better than Maradona... I'm sorry to offend anyone, but Pele won 3 world cups to Maradona's 1 and he won 2 copa libertadores, including beating boca in the bombonera in the final. In those days the copa was better than the champions league, Maradona couldn't win either.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah you probably think Enzo is greater than Diego as well.

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HAHA Diego was a year older than Enzo and when they played in the same league in the same era, Enzo won EVERYTHING and diego won jackshit.

Sorry to disappoint you Diego lovers but the dude did very little in his career. 3 league titles. UEFA Cup? Who besides Napoli fans care about a UEFA Cup... the Boca fans didn't even put him in the top 5 of their greatest players as far as i know... so why would i give a shit about him?

PS Diego did rate Enzo as the best 11th best player of all time, kempes was 3, fillol was 4, passarella was 5... weren't too many boca players in the list.

11. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    haha yee whatever, your just talking shit
    done nothing to you.

BRAZIL is the best, no other team comes close.

12. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    And if Maradona had played for River, you'd never say this.

If I'm starting a team that absolutely must win whatever fantastic competition you want to put it in, and I can choose any player from all time to join that team, it would be Maradona for me and a whole bunch of other players Pele.

You can't get past your Riverness to be objective about anything, so none of what you say on here comes as a surprise.

13. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    IMO

Everyone have their preferences and there is no one absolute way to test who is the best. The simple answer of "player X is the best, no debate" is idiotic: this basically means that Pele fans should get over the fact that their hero isn't the undisputed number one, above everyone, god of football. That said, I'd guess that for the huge majority it would be impossible in a fantasy all-time draw to pick anyone before the trio of Pele, Maradona and Messi.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You need to stop trolling. Nobody gives a crap about Brazil here. Now go away.

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not as cool as the other mods so I'm closing this waste of bandwidth down. OP, you should have something on the way.