Merdeka Cup 2008

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by druryfire, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Ensiferum

Ensiferum New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Who win? penaties???? pls tell me about it!!!

2. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Sorry, I don't know who's won, the website i am checking doesn't show the final score, it only shows the FT result :confused:

3. thuya95

thuya95 Member

Jul 30, 2008
    what website r u checkin'?

4. ducefun

ducefun New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    wait a second. i'll check vtv news and show u right now,
    The website is free.7m.cn/

5. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
  6. ducefun

ducefun New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Vietnam U22 3-2 Sierra Leone (Extra).
    May the final is Malaysia - Vietnam U22.

7. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    28'min

Malaysia 1:0 Myanmar

Come on Myanmar :eek:

8. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008
    82'

Malaysia 3:0 Myanmar

So the final would be btw Malaysia and Vietnam U23

9. Roger Federer

Roger Federer New Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Myanmar seems to be back in decline again. May be they are a bit match tired going through AFC, Indonesia Independence, Ho Chi Minh Cup and now Merdeka? Are they still motivated to go thru Grand Royal in Yangon and then finally off to ASEAN Suzuki Cup? Only the fans who saw Myanmar's recent matches should know!

10. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Does anyone have the schedule of the Grand Royal Challenge Cup in Myanmar or is it not released yet?

From what I read in the news, Myanmar, Indonesia and Malaysia will all play with national teams, and also Vietnam U-23 will play. So Myanmar will get another 2 chances (Against Indonesia and Malaysia) to get some FIFA ranking points.

11. leecode

leecode New Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    thrilling! Sierra Leone led 2-0 till 70th minute then Vietnam overturned the game:eek:. Anyone got clip?

12. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008

I've contacted to the office of the one myanmar local journal, but they don't know the schedule yet. It might not have been released from MFF.

13. Ensiferum

Ensiferum New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    VietNamU22 and Malaysia, who's win?

14. Ensiferum

Ensiferum New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    70min ,VietNam U22 0 -2 Siera Leone
    72 min 1-2
    87min 2-2 .
    2-2 till end of extra time,
    and VietNam win 3-2 on penaties.
    oh my god:eek:

15. thuya95

thuya95 Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Malaysia 4-0 Myanmar
    i just can't believe it! what is wrong with myanmar..4-0 is just unacceptable
    how could they lose like that?
    i wish i was myanmar coach or a player
    there's no way we r gonna win 2008 suzuki cup if we keep playin' like this..
    Malaysia 4-0 Myanmar
    Vietnam U-23 3-1 Myanmar
    Indonesia 4-0 Myanmar
    Korea National Student team 4-1 Myanmar
    these results r just unacceptable
    we need to change somethin' before 2008 suzuki cup...
    fire da coach or somethin'
    anythin' to improve da team

16. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Malaysia is performing well above expectations. They haven't just beat the teams, but have scored 4, 4, 6, 4, and haven't conceded at all. 18 goals in 4 games is great, even if they are playing at home. If we look at the teams that both Malaysia and Vietnam U-23 played (U-23, U-22, WHICH TEAM IS IT?), Malaysia beat Myanmar 4-0 (Vietnam won 3-1), Malaysia beat Sierra Leone 4-0 (Vietnam drew 2-2). I say Malaysia 2-0 Vietnam U-23 in the final.

17. ducefun

ducefun New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Vietnam U22 actually, not U23. And the chance for Malaysia is 51-49 no more, I think.

18. Ensiferum

Ensiferum New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    50-50

19. france1984

france1984 New Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Hi ! Everybody,
    This final match may be exciting, and
    I like to watch the national team on internet.
    Please, show me website to watch it lively.
    Thanks

20. Ensiferum

Ensiferum New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Maybe many website to watch it, but i know only 188bet.com.
    When the match go?

21. Ensiferum

Ensiferum New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    9-11 ---> 16-11

22. yazadarit

yazadarit Member

Aug 27, 2008

Grand Royal Challenge Cup

Group A
    Bangladesh, Myanmar and Indonesia
    Group B Vietnam OT, Malaysia U23 and Ulsan Hyundai FC

11/11/08 Myanmar vs Bangladesh
    12/11/08 Vietnam OT vs Malaysia U23
    13/11/08 Bangladesh vs Indonesia
    14/11/08 Malaysia U23 vs Ulsan Hyundai FC
    15/11/08 Myanmar vs Indonesia
    16/11/08 Ulsan Hyundai FC vs Vietnam OT

18-19/11/08 Semi-finals
    21/11/08 Final

23. sportsmalaysia

sportsmalaysia New Member

Jul 24, 2007
    hi all,

[​IMG]

photo of the match between nepal and afghanistan during group A match which ended in a 2-2 draw.

more photos of the merdeka cup can be seen here: Merdeka Cup 2008 gallery

24. quochuy

quochuy New Member

Oct 24, 2008
    VietNam
    [​IMG]

The success of recruitment at U.22-VN in Merdeka Cup with a wide range of contributions from the players was well known as Phan Thanh Binh, Xuan Hop, Long Giang, Hoang Danh Ngoc, Van Khai, Truong Tan ..., but leg wet foot dry join new team, which had affirmed an emphasis as Nguyen Duc Thien is now rare ancient.

New than a month ago, no one knows who is Duc Thien, playing what is happening, how the room. Some professionals have tracked within the previous U.21 types as well as the team's game at the Thanh Long Second class did not really recognize Duc Thien potential. But only 10 days in rounds that U.21 Division Bao Thanh Nien in Binh Dinh, Duc Thien was vut am in a sophisticated way of playing, a quality technical in the extreme kind of smart, especially the speed out of very short Quick, select point fall wise and handling the situation very sensitive of a money demand. In Quy Nhon, Thien had to win to discuss life, the same solo entries into the net ngoan team Nam Dinh, sent narrow shaded corner to deceive the then lower guc Goalkeeper Hue teams win or you regularly thủng as "star comments "As both teams ngo ngàng An Giang. It has the ability to write and discuss excellent Thien Ho Chi Minh City Club team that has players stand out in this league, a circuit to match them and only lost SHB Da Nang in the battle aquatic theater of war. Not long after, Thien bring viewers back from surprised to other surprised when very prominent play in the team selection U.21 VN in the U.21 International in Hue. Charity has recorded 2 in Malaysia with a net style impressive and memorable one is still open to discuss bill on the number of nets in Thailand cú falling off Point very beautiful in a coldly. Many people believe that Thien has accelerated way of playing but in short very quickly, processing the continuous and very succinct, there are many stunning varieties with both Van Quyen and Cong Vinh.

From this success, Duc Thien has been known to recruit additional U.22 immediately and a new round players 20 years old this quickly asserted talent at a few pre-table with 2 wins are meaningful. A table in the shadow dốc cu so just run in actual income increased just before Myanmar 3-1, bold for the victory convinced of the U.22 VN. Ban also discussed the means to win will never forget about the riots when he go 2-2 in 87 minutes before Sierra Leone. HLV Mai Duc Chung manner: "Thien observe very quickly realize that when hậu the protection of the households in the project language was shaded road, they have smart people turn the shadow that fast and then suddenly tung cú actual income from outside 20m , Mylar plane with a straight angle to the grid.

Born on 9.3.1988, Duc Thien to football from Dong Nai, then the top commander for Ho Chi Minh City Club. When the U.21 happen, the leadership team has put Binh Duong issues transfer Duc Thien, but the price when it has not made adequate Vice TTK should LDBD Vietnam Tran Dinh Huan disagree. Now, with its prominent achievements continuously connected together, Duc Thien is becoming the focal point to attract the attention of fans and many people believe that you need to supplement called both he and Hoang Dinh Tung in the team National Cup after Royal Myanmar. If it happens, welcome to Ho Chi Minh City has a new talent after Le Huynh Duc, Tran Minh Chien, which has very long before there again. And also for joy in football has added a new option at age 20.

Detail viewed: http://www.thanhnien.com.vn/thethao/Pages/200843/20081024222856.aspx