Mercado de Pases (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 7, 2018.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    megamac20817 repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Exequiel Palacios being linked to a year-end move to the MLS. Absolutely pathetic..

Ron Mexico repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From Real Madrid to the MLS... :confused: It is not surprising though. How many of our youngsters have been linked to top clubs to either "turn it down' or end up at a smaller club?

I am also seeing that he might even be sold to the expansion side Miami Inter... In 2020. I don't know, dude, get paid millions, play in a minnow league and live in Miami? I guess, we'll see where his priorities will be.

As sad as it is, MLS sides have deeper pockets than our clubs. They have the ability to spend 15-20 million dollars on a player. Most of the owners are billionaires who own other sports franchises.

If a concrete offer does come in the neighborhood of 20 MUSD, will the club truly turn it down? I'm not seeing any other offers for him.

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    His release clause is only $15M, although he has long publicly stated his intentions of leaving for a higher figure out of respect for all that the club has done for him. River would without a doubt accept a $20M offer, although IMO they should be pushing for at least 25 when dealing with such a talented and rare young talent (or at least keep a percentage of a future transfer).

Right now it is being said that Inter Miami offered $18 million. River, who had a quiet transfer window despite expecting to sell at least one player during the break (Martinez Quarta, Montiel, and Palacios were the big bets), are salivating at the prospect of that cash coming in and are trying to convince Exequiel to push through for the move. Apparently Pala isn't really keen on moving to the MLS (understandably), but may consider the transfer if it is used as a gateway to Europe. Another thing that may motivate him to make the move is the current turmoil in Argentina, with the recent extreme devaluation of the peso and the general pessimism regarding the country's future after the recent primaries.

It's kind of interesting how many (relatively) young, promising Argentines are ending up in MLS. I remember back in the day it used to be either unknown Don Nadies or washed up players past their peak coming to play here, but now we have the likes of Pity, Barco, Pavon, and now possibly Palacios playing in the USA.

megamac20817, Ron Mexico and SupaMario repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is a shame but that’s the nature of the business right now. And yes, the Argentine peso has plummeted and the USD is pretty strong.

I’ve said this before, playing and living in the United States is quite nice. Fatso’s brother has basically made it home here and even holds a green card. Valeri is considered a legend in the MLS and the guy walks on water for Portland fans. I know both of these players are not on the level or were potentially on the level but the MLS can be a stepping stone.

I also don’t know if there is another club that will be offering that type of money, at least not anymore or as of right now. He can do the club a “solid” and make the move for a short period, he is still young, so he can thrive and will get a look from Europe. If Pavón is doing well in the MLS, I can only imagine what Palacios will do to that league.

The pay will probably be very good as well. Barco is making apparently close to 1.5 per. Palacios will probably make a bit more and there is no state income tax in FL and again, being young and rich and in a city Miami will have its perks. He’ll just need to focus on futbol because Miami can get a hold of you and your focus.

And I understand why Miami is making this move. A lot of Argentinos and other South Americans in the city. And for those that aren’t and are a fan of the sport they can brand it as a player who was very close to joining Real Madrid, played a vital role of helping River(a giant in world football) capture the CL and one who could shortly play next to Messi in the Argentine national team. It is a bit of publicity and of course getting a talented kid. Brazilian youngsters tend to be out of the MLS price range, where for some odd reason clubs in Europe still fork over tens of millions over mediocre players where our players get sold for 10+ million we call it a good day and good business. As sad as it is it is true.

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Palacios has turned down the offer due to not being interested in playing in MLS

https://lapaginamillonaria.com/riverplate/Palacios-le-dijo-que-no-a-la-MLS-20190903-0002.html

Good for him...

Ron Mexico, megamac20817 and SupaMario repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River extended Jorge Moreira's loan with Portland Timbers for another six months (til June 2020), free of charge

https://lapaginamillonaria.com/rive...de-compra-mercado-de-pases-20190903-0013.html

The guy has played 23 games as a starter and his buyout clause is only $1,500,000. Why are we doing these guys favors? MLS teams are loaded with money -- either pay the ridiculously low transfer fee, or pay up for another loan. We always seem to get played in the transfer window..

Ron Mexico, RiverGaucho and SupaMario repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Inter Miami reps have been calling Exequiel Palacios’ agent on a near-daily basis to try to convince him to make the move to the MLS at the end of the year. As an incentive, they’re offering to put a few extra million on top of his €15m release clause.

At first Palacios was skeptical of accepting such an offer, but perhaps he’ll change his mind if they offer him a blank check. Plus, they’ve been linked with multiple international stars over the last few days, so maybe that’ll help convince him

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ignacio Scocco has an offer from the MLS that he will analyze at the end of the year.. Shame if he leaves, but he'll be turning 35 by the end of this season and this might be his last chance to collect another big paycheck. But jesus christ.... imagine Nacho in that league. To say he'd tear it up would be understatement.

In other news, Sporting Lisbon is keeping a close eye on Gonzalo Montiel, who was observed by Portuguese scouts vs. Patronato in el Monumental this past weekend.

11. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd miss both of them, but not so much the money wouldn't be more welcome at this stage. Montiel is an acceptable but uninspiring right back, and as much as I adore Scocco, if he's not feeling up for starting at River, he's too good to be a sub for what's left of his career.

Ron Mexico and pepinointer repped this.
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree

yeah montiel is very replaceable, and with good scouting could be selected a cheaper player with more quality....

Scocco still have a lot of to offer, but if his in age that if we can get good money for him would be a good contribution

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    pepinointer, megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Andres Cubas has been linked to River in recent days as Gallardo looks to bring in someone to compete with Zuculini, Ponzio (if he continues past this season), and Sosa for the alternative DMF position. This continues a pattern in the Gallardo era of seeking Boca youth products who didn't pan out into the Xeneize first team (Pratto, Bertolo; Komar and Pol Fernandez previously sought).

While the 23-year-old Paraguayan national is Gallardo's priority, Ivan Gomez (22 years old, Estudiantes) appears as an alternative.

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Colombian press is saying Juan Fernando Quintero has an important offer from the MLS and will be leaving the club at the end of the year.

"Le hicieron una oferta increíble a River por Quintero… River está lleno de títulos, pero tiene un déficit importante; diferente a Boca que tiene mucha plata y no ha ganado nada. Allá están muy preocupados por plata, terminado este ciclo habrá movidas en River y una de esas movidas apunta a Juan Fernando Quintero”, señaló Carlos Vélez, director del ciclo televisivo. "Es una oferta para el club y el jugador; irresistible... oferta de la MLS."

https://lapaginamillonaria.com/rive...ue-Quintero-se-va-de-River-20191101-0005.html

Not sure if this is just Colombian TV humo, so take it as you will.. It is worth noting that just last week Juanfer mentioned that he was "very proud" to belong to River and he felt "very identified with the club's philosophies and fans," so he doesn't necessarily appear in a rush to leave. However if a 20m+ offer arrives, these will unfortunately be his last games with la banda.

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dear Loco, if there is a colombian that you never have to take serious is called Carlos Antonio Velez........he is the new best friend of miembro, and called him to comment the world cup and copa america..........and at the same time, he despise argentine football and argentnians..........

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I figured. Sounded like a bomba de humo, but given the recent big figure transfers to MLS it didn’t sound too over the top either.

Thanks for the heads up though. Good to confirm the sense that it was probably bs

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am probably Quintero's biggest fan on the forum. I think the guy is an absolute crack, and I think most River fans would agree he has scored the biggest goal in the club's illustrious history. Obviously, we all knew he wouldn't stay at River for 10 years and retire with us, but if he left now it would be truly sad because he has rarely been a starter.

His only time as an unquestioned starter when he had a good run of games came at the early part of the year, when he was absolutely unstoppable. Then the injury happened. Can you imagine the baile we would have given Boca in El Monumental in both the Superliga and Libertadores had Quintero been fit. His injury was one of the saddest I've felt as a supporter because he's the player I most enjoy watching

I'd love to see him stay and get one full season as our main man again.

Obviously, Gallardo values him as a sub. Quintero was never given as much time as De La Cruz, who played probably 30 truly AWFUL matches before becoming the player he is now. Quintero was never given a run of games as a starter, and he was never bad, in fact he was always quite good, just in some games, like Gremio in the SF of the Copa last year, Gallardo wasn't pleased.

I also think selling to MLS would be a bad move for us. At this stage, River needs to show despite all the economic problems in Argentina, we are a massive club on the world stage. If we lose to #10's in a row to MLS it would be a really bad look for the club IMO.

locoxriver and pepinointer repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For a Colombian footballer always would be better argentina than usa or mexico (also the colombian fan), despite the economic differences......if he goes would be becase also river wanted, but i doubt he wont prefer mls over argentina....

ps: queiroz is ignoring bad the mls players...i think this will be another factor.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    MLS is not a serious league. Just look at Carlos Vela dominating there, he is a very bad player, maybe average at best. Zlatan dominated the league at age 38. I would be crushed if Juanfer went there. It would be a waste of talent. If he leaves River, I think he should give Europe another shot.

pepinointer repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    how have been Pity there???

Is funny how some people is try to make the impression than vela and ibra are making history....beacuse his achievements in mls.

I rememeber that valderrama lead the assistances table for like 15 years

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Odd situation with Jorge Carrascal. His loan ends at the end of December, although we possess a buyout clause of $2,500,000 with the Ukrainian side that loaned him out.

Outside of a few goals here and there and that good performance vs Cruzeiro, he has seemed light and perhaps hasn’t lived up to expectations. However, it’s also true that he never received a ~10 game streak with the starters to be able to show his abilities.

If his clause were in the 7-8m region, I’d say forget about it... but considering his technique and potential, $2.5m doesnt sound too bad. At worst, you could probably re-sell him to an MLS or Liga MX side for a similar figure. At best you get a 10x return on the investment.

However, one must also consider that the club’s economy isn’t at it’s best and D’Onofrio may prefer to spend that money (however low) on a more needed player. In Carracal’s spot today we have Quintero, De La Cruz, Ferreira, as well as youth prospects, so it’s not exactly like we need the Colombian either.

It’s a tough one simply because of how low the transfer clause is. Low performance and low clause, yet high potential. Hola o chau?

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think anyone cares about Vela or what he's doing in MLS. The guy is a nobody who flopped at Arsenal and in Spain he was an average player on a mid table team. He's never done anything for Mexican NT on the world stage, I don't care if he scores a 100000 goals in MLS.

I don't know much about Pity in MLS, i think he started poorly, but then got much better.

megamac20817 and pepinointer repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A few European clubs inquiring about 17-year-old Tomas Lecanda, currently with the U-17 NT at the WC. He is said to be physical, fast, and possesses a good header.

Along with Thomas Gutierrez (19-year-old Colombian-Venezuelan CB), Lecanda is one of Gallardo's main bets for the future of our CB positions.

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The press is reporting that javier mascherano will be heading to Estudiantes in January:

https://www.ole.com.ar/estudiantes/mascherano-pincha-estudiantes_0_KaQtkK3p.html

I think most River fans will not even care about this happening with all we have going on. The guy IMO, lost all credibility long ago. His last years on the national team were disgraceful, I'll never forget him jogging back as Rakatic slotted home Croatia's third in Russia. We also don't want any players on our team who make River a 3rd or 4th priority. He chose China. We have Enzo Perez who is a much more diverse player and he made River his main priority even though he was captain of Valencia.

Mascherano is a nobody in River's history. Played 1 year, won 1 trophy. Nothing more.