Mercado de Pases (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 7, 2018.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Diaz is pushing for the move to go through. If River stretches the offer a little bit, it’ll probably be a done deal

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not that there is anything official in the works whatsoever, but I see a lot of social media users asking for Diego Buonanotte. Last I heard, he was tearing it up in Chile.. How would you guys feel about a hypothetical move for him, now that Pity is gone?

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no, thanks...

megamac20817, Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to TyC, Luis Diaz’s arrival is now discarded after one last push from his agent to Junior’s board. River wouldn’t stretch past 5 million for 70%, and the Colombians were offended with the way River managed the negotiations.

Watch.. he’s going to end up in Boca with a free 172 month loan, with an option to leave Riachuelo if someone pays Angelici 30 million euros :rolleyes:

megamac20817, RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Every transfer window, its the same story. Our directors just don't get that all you need to do is put down the money, and the player will come.

With the matches in hand in the Superliga, the Recopa, and the new Libertadores, we only have Borre and Pratto with Alvarez with the Sub 20 and Scocco injured again.

We need to sign an attacking player right now. This kid Diaz would have been perfect because he has the profile of someone who can play out wide or as a striker right off the main #9. I can't think of any player in the Argentine league who i'd want to go for instead.

We have our first match of a very intense semester on Saturday and we have two strikers on our roster... Its not ideal, but we are used to this by now.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, unfortunately winning the Libertadores gave the dirigencia an additional layer of comfort to downplay the real need for reinforcements..

The fans will be less demanding as well, as many are still celebrating the historic night in Madrid. The truth is we need a few important signings if we want to keep on competing at the top.

Ron Mexico and RiverGaucho repped this.
  9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As I've said before, we will enjoy beating Bosta in the Final forever, but that doesn't mean we can't strive for more.

Lets not forget that we haven't won the domestic league since 2014, which is frankly unacceptable. We also need to qualify for the 2020 version of the Copa, which we can only do by winning this years version, winning the copa argentina, or finishing in the top 4 of the superliga, something that is doable if we win the games we have in hand.

I just want River to win all the games. As much as I have enjoyed and will keep enjoying gloating over the bosteros, especially after they pathetically tried to get the match suspended then got it moved to Madrid and the whole tevez, benedetto, perez, abila fiasco, but i want to keep humiliating boca and winning titles so i wish the directors would get a move on.

Paulo Diaz? ehhhh i can't get excited about this guy. I honestly would rather just stick it out with young kids, but the real place we need to strengthen is in attack, as much as Maidana's loss is huge.

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We need a CB or two now that Maidana is leaving to Mexico.. Do you guys remember Diego Polenta, the Uruguayan centerback that Gallardo was obsessed with signing in 2016? Looks like his contract with Nacional has ended and he is now a free agent.

I haven't followed his progress (he might have completely fell off for all I know), but I find it interesting that his name isn't even being mentioned considering how he's only 26 years old and our past interest in him was immense.

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River closing in on 22-year-old Paraguayan defender Robert Rojas. The CB is currently playing for Guarani and is one of the main defensive prospects in the country.

As a bonus, he can serve as an alternative for Montiel due to playing as a RB throughout his youth years

Ron Mexico repped this.
  12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    honestly river can improve their full backs a lot of.......yeah montiel and casco made a great season last year...........but please they arent good enough......

Ron Mexico, RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Robert Rojas is set to fly in for his physical tomorrow.

$1,250,000 for 50%, in what initially appears to be a complete steal for modern day transfers

Ron Mexico and pepinointer repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    D'Onofrio on the two Diaz:

Luis Diaz - "Habíamos entrado en conversaciones. Con el presidente de Junior no habíamos hablado de números definitivos. No son ciertas las propuestas que dijeron. Nos dijeron que no lo vendían. Quedó fuera".

Paulo Diaz - Es un tema del club árabe. Hasta mayo-junio no creo que se incorpore a ninguno de los dos".

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :(

16. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I believe Polenta is linking up with GBS in LA and signing with the Galaxy.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Stockholm syndrome is a condition that causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their captors as a survival strategy during captivity.

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Matias Suarez is the latest name to ring.. The 30-year-old former Anderlecht legend could arrive for $3,000,000 from Belgrano.

The question is whether he's willing to leave his beloved Cordoba, but they're going to try to tempt him with the glory

Ron Mexico repped this.
  19. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    IMO he is crack, it will be a good sing

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The numbers for Matias Moya's loan to Banfield have just been released:

18 month loan, free of charge... with a buyout clause of $750,000 for 50% of his transfer :eek:

Who the hell taught these guys to negotiate? Pathetic terms for a 20-year-old offensive prospect

Ron Mexico repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Matias Suarez will be flying to Buenos Aires for his medical tomorrow and if all goes well will be signing his contract right after. Kind of reminds me of Pisculichi a bit: great player, huge idol in his club, yet never had the opportunity to demonstrate himself in a big team until now.

Both players are very technical, attacking midfielders with natural second striker qualities, and coincidentally both arrived at River at the age of 30. Nace otro papa de los bosteros? :D

However, the only alarming thing about the guy is his fitness. Suarez has a bad history of knee injuries which have not only sidelined him, but even stopped past transfers in Europe. It is a gamble to spend 3 million on 50% of the transfer of a 30-year-old injury prone player and the Larrondo alarm immediately begins ringing, but we'll see...

megamac20817 and RiverGaucho repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As expected, issues with a chronic knee injury have come up in Suarez's medical. Like with Larrondo and Lollo, the doctors have recommended that River desist from going through with the transfer. At the moment, Gallardo, D'Onofrio, and Francescoli are meeting to make a decision whether to move forward, although it seems they will

23. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Injury risks notwithstanding, he's a legitimately better player than either of those two.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course.. But the question is whether or not they learned from past experiences. Is it wise to spend so much on a player who you know has a pretty good chance of breaking in the near future, especially after two other players with similar warnings ended up being nothing but a pain in the ass to the club's finances? They ignored the heavy warnings about Larrondo and Lollo, and since then the club has gone on to spend upwards of $10,000,000 on the pair between transfer costs and salaries.

I like Suarez and won't mind at all if he comes, but the question is if he's the best bet for that money.. It'd be a much different scenario to take a gamble on him if he were arriving as a free agent or something, but they'd be putting down $3,000,000 for 50% of his transfer. For that money they could have stretched the offer for Luis Diaz a little more or found someone else (Quintero was signed for a similar fee, for example).

The other thing to consider besides the financial aspect is that we need him fit throughout the year given our limited roster. We've already seen how bad and uncreative this team can be in our post-Copa matches, so whoever reinforces the team has to be ready to play every week. There is no time to settle in, and we definitely cannot afford to have players sidelined for weeks or months at a time during the season.

Ron Mexico repped this.