Mercado de Pases (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 7, 2018.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca after Olaza now... how surprising :rolleyes:

2. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they're going to need another full back now after Fabra's injury.

although I understood they were after Jonathan Silva who's not wanted at Roma.

3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I know that, but it’s just so typical every single transfer window for River to scout reinforcements and then have Boca jump on board after them a week or two later

megamac20817 and balazsriver10 repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ignacio Fernandez being linked to Santos Laguna (MEX)

megamac20817 repped this.
  6. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Please? Please.

Maybe then we'll have Juanfer in the Starting XI, Palacios taking his spot or Enzo playing wide instead of... well, very narrow.

locoxriver repped this.
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Remember Abel Casquete? The Ecuadorian who seemed like such a promising player a few years ago, is joining Deportivo Moron after a few loan spells in his home country.

https://lapaginamillonaria.com/rive...ado-de-pases-2018-river-plate-deportivo-moron

Not sure what happened to the kid. Three years ago he was giving Cavenaghi an assist for River, now he's going to Moron. Looked like such a promising talent, too bad things just don't seem to have panned out for him anywhere he's been. I used to think Gallardo was being a bit unfair with him, but considering he didn't play much at all in two loan spells in his native Ecuador, it seems he really did lose it.

Hope he can turn things around at his new club in the Nacional B

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    RiverGaucho, megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Olaza transfer currently frozen due to River refusing to stretch their offer, even though we just received 13 million euros for Saracchi.

I swear, if we end up playing Casco vs Racing in the copa :mad:

Ron Mexico repped this.
  10. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Even if we do end up with Olaza this delays his arrival and he’ll miss the upcoming friendlies to get used to his new teammates.

As usual, D’onofrio gonna D’onufffff:rolleyes:

locoxriver repped this.
  11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Carlos Sanchez is close to joining Santos for just 1 million dollars from Monterrey.

I think its outrageous that River is not seriously looking at him as a reinforcement. He was key in Uruguay's World Cup, with 2 assists and his dead ball delivery was perfect, yet despite now being 33, he still looked to have the same motor as always.

I would not hesitate to bring him in.

We also need to get a left back in as was said above. We know how just having Casco in the line up cost us in the last Libertadores and also in the Superclasico in la bombonera. Selling Saraccht at just the age of 20 after only a year with the club was incredibly stupid in my opinion, even if it was a good sum of money

balazsriver10, Ron Mexico and Doogs repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "En este momento no estamos buscando ningún tres. El único por el que teníamos alguna intención lo cotizaron en tal valor que dijimos 'bueno, listo, vamos a casa, gracias'."

- D'Onofrio

------

13. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When did he say this?

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ron Mexico repped this.
  15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Racing signed the Chilean left back Eugenio Mena, who was on River's radar the last few transfer windows:

https://www.ole.com.ar/racing/racing-mena-refuerzo-coudet_0_2052394817.html

I must admit I haven't followed him as he was playing at Bahia, moving from Cruzeiro, but he has to be better than Casco.

I hope D'Onofrio, Franescoli, and Gallardo have an ace up their sleeve because Racing has been signing some big players like Mena, Martinez, and Bou and while we have maintained our squad, the only player that has left was the only truly irreplaceable guy other than Armani.

As much as I love Ponzio, if he were to be injured or suspended, we have Zucu, or if Pity is sold to Lazio we have Quintero, but Casco is just sooooo bad that i can't believe we're going to go into this tie without a left back. We know just his mere presence cost us the last Libertadores and I have a bad feeing he will do it again.

Ron Mexico and megamac20817 repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well it looks like Gallardo wasn't convinced by Casco and his son Nahuel during pre-season training, so River may indeed make a push for a LB after all..

Olaza seems to be out of the picture -- Europe or Boca are more likely possibilities given D'Onofrio's reluctance to stretch his wallet. The name that has sprung to the top of the list now is Fabrizio Angileri (Godoy Cruz), although the coaching staff is analyzing other options playing outside of the country. Maxi Olivera (26 year old Uruguayan, Fiorentina) has been offered as an alternative by Francescoli.

Guillermo "Pol" Fernandez remains an option that interests Gallardo to strengthen our attack, although River isn't necessarily prioritizing bringing in any reinforcements in midfield. It is worth noting that the former Boca midfielder is now the main target for Santos Laguna, who have given up on Ignacio Fernandez after weeks of failed negotiations. Pol is practically set to leave Godoy Cruz, although he is waiting to see if River makes an offer before committing to the Mexican side.

Other than that River won't be looking at any attacking players, since Gallardo's plan is to finally mold De La Cruz and Palacios into the main team. If Pity Martinez leaves however, River will inquire about similar players such as Lucas Zelarayan and Oscar Romero.

In other news...

Ivan Rossi
    has joined Huracan on loan for one season.

Marcelo Larrondo
    could be headed to Chile to join Universidad de Concepcion.

Joaquin Arzura concluded his 12-month loan with Osasuna, but will remain in Spain after agreeing a new loan deal with Almeria.

Augusto Batalla returned 6 months early from his loan with Atletico Tucuman, although is likely headed to a new destination. Bielsa is said to want him for his new Leeds United team, while Lanus are considering him as a replacement for the recently-sold Andrada.

Ariel Rojas and Mauro Burruchaga have left on free transfers to San Lorenzo and Chievo Verona, respectively, although both will provide River with a percentage of hypothetical future transfers.

Right back Pablo Carreras, who played a few games under Gallardo, has also left on a free to the Cypriot League and will probably disappear into the abyss.

Ron Mexico and megamac20817 repped this.
  17. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I hate to say this gentlemen, but without bringing in any reinforcements to the club, I don't forsee this team winning any silverware. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe this current administration and Gallardo are making a huge mistake.

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Larrondo is headed to Defensa y Justicia on loan for a year.

Even without injuries, I don't this guy was good enough for River, but for a club like Defensa he could actually be useful... If he stays healthy, which as we know isn't gonna happen

Ron Mexico, megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Auzqui has joined Rossi on loan at Huracan for one year. They paid us only 100,000 for the loan, for a player that cost us over 3 million. Its a bad deal, but it atlas the puerto Azqui is off our squad for at least a year. He scored 4 goals in 42 games for River, which means we paid roughly $800,000 per goal. Along with Larrondo and Lollo definitely one of the worst signings of the D'Onofrio era

There is a 3 million option for el Globo to buy him after the season, but I don't think theres anyway Huracan could come up with that kind of money, especially for such a horrible player.

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It’s kind of like Bertolo, who took months of negotiating with Banfield over the course of multiple transfer windows to acquire, only to have us lend him back to Banfield shortly after for free (twice) and then officially sending him back to el taladro as a free agent

Ron Mexico repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What gets me about Auzqui is that while he is a decent player for an average team like Huracan or Banfield, there is nothing he offers that any random pibe from our inferiores couldn’t. Plus, the guy is 27, it’s not like he’s gonna grow from here on (although he does give the impression he is just beginning his career)

RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River is close to bringing in the captain of the Colombia Under 17 national team:

https://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/gutierrez-river-inferiores-refuerzos_0_2062593830.html

His name is Thomas Gutierrez, a 1,84 cm center back from a development league that also produced Roger Martinez from Racing and Santiago Arias, who is the starting rightback for Colombia and just signed for Atletico Madrid.

Its an experiment, that could work, it worked for River in the past with Balanta and Falcao.

We also incorporated Pablo Garcia Laluf from Liverpool of Uruguay, the same club that gave us De La Cruz, a move that hasn't worked out obviously.

locoxriver, Doogs and Ron Mexico repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    €1,500,000 offer from Sporting Lisbon for Enzo Perez turned down. Complete joke: even one-year loans go for more than that nowadays.

Augusto Batalla, who returned prematurely from his loan in Tucuman, has left on loan to Tigre, where he will compete for the position with two former River GKs (Chiarini and Marinelli)

Other than that, we shouldn't be seeing much action in the remainder of the transfer window. Perhaps a late offer for Pity Martinez will arrive, although he is said to be happy in River.

24. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Club Atlético Tigre! Where terrible River GKs go for redemption! Lol

I kid, I kid @SupaMario

locoxriver repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

balazsriver10, Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.