Mercado de Pases 2017 (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 5, 2017.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lucas Alario regarding the Leverkusen offer:

"Lo hablé con mi representante, es una propuesta que me interesa.. No alcanza para pagar la cláusula, pero esto es una negociación y quedan unos días para que cierre el mercado de pases"

:(

RiverGaucho repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It'd be a shame if Alario left now, not only because we desperately need him for the Libertadores (and a hypothetical Club World Cup scenario), but also because we'd be losing out on huge potential sum of money if we let him go now... I know it won't be simple to hold on to him for an entire year, but if he stays til June 2018 Colon will be obligated to sell us their 40% share of his transfer for only $1,500,000

In other words, if the club waits til June, we'll benefit from having a fantastic player in the squad for an extra year and make a much bigger profit (18m or more exclusively for River, compared to the €10.800.000 we'd receive if he left now to Germany)

RiverGaucho repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No one wants to stop the kid from progressing in his career, but the club has a Quarterfinal to play in 14 days, and we have the "superliga" starting in 4 days... Had this offer come say, back when Driussi left, I don't think people would be so upset about it.

The bottom line is, if he leaves now, he'd be leaving us high and dry. Obviously, Alario is impossible for us to replace. He is by far the best #9 in the Americas. There is no one even close, so whether he leaves now or December or June its going to be hard for us to continue, but the timing of this is just such shit. We can't even find a player a quarter of his quality in the time given.

I said at the time, and I'll say it again, Driussi, while a great player, is not nearly as good as Alario, and he is replaceable. Before his injury, Mora was just as good. I can still remember his golazo against Guarani and the Independiente match 4-1 in El Monumental Mora was just dominant. He had various matches where he was unplayable. I also have no doubt that Santos Borre could end up being just as good if not better than Driussi. But there just aren't any players out there remotely like Alario. Heading, finishing, hold up play, and most of all clutch.

I think we just need to tell Alario we need him until December and he can leave. With him, we are IMO runaway favorites. Not saying it won't be hard, but we are by far the best team in the competition. Without him, I'd be worried about even getting past Wilsterman.

Honestly, if this happens I may even call back el Viejo Alonso. Yeah he is old and slow, but I'd throw him on the last 10 minutes over finding anyone else we could find in the Arg "Superliga"

locoxriver repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm hearing that if Alario leaves, River will make a new attempt for Silvio Romero.. Take it as you will, as America bought him only a year ago for $8,000,000, but Gallardo's always been fond of him. The player himself previously expressed interest in playing for River, so if he stands firm........

Lets hope we don't even have to get to the situation of looking for a replacement for Alario, but given the numbers being thrown around in international transfers nowadays, I don't think the Germans will have much of a problem increasing their offer by 8 million euros for a national team player with an immense resale value.

megamac20817 repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alario should have left at the end of 2015. He will be 25 soon and should have been in Europe by now. There is nothing more he could give to River that he hasn't already. If he wants his career to continue to grow he should've left. Sometimes it is detrimental to a player's career when they leave too early and sometimes staying for too long can be problematic.

Now, I don't think it makes a difference for his career if he leaves now or in December but I believe he senses this is perhaps the best offer he has recieved for the development of his career. It is better than going to China or Russia and going to a middle of the table EPL side where he will sit on the bench. I would've liked to see him going to Italy or Spain but with the release clause being around 20ME or so, I think that is out of the reach for most of mid tables teams in those leagues.

It is also a World Cup year and he is perhaps on the cusp of making the roster so he has to weigh that in as a factor too. If he leaves and doesn't get much playing time he will be left. But as I stated earlier, he should've made the move after the CWC during Winter Transfer Window(Well, you know, if we qualify and all).

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You have a completely different view of things and priorities. You care about the national teams and players going to Europe, we here want River to win the Copa Libertadores, because River is far bigger than anyone player. I want him to progress as a player and what not, but the timing is what has us river fans upset. It gives us no time to find a replacement. If he leaves in January theres no problem, but leaving now is not good for us.

Also you suggest he should have left at the end of 2015, at that point, he had only been at River 6 months, and there was never even a discussion of him leaving and he received no offers.

Anyway, River has declared him untransferable. The only way he leaves is if Leverkusen pays his buy out clause

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Romero just isn't a natural nine the way Alario is. Before spending a lot of money on him, I'd honestly prefer Scocco and Borre up front

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You shouldn't be upset at Alario, it is the situation that sucks. It's not like the Neymar situation who in fact knew he was going to leave and waited late to collect a huge bonus.

Alario is really in a tricky predicament here. He could perhaps just decide to stay because honestly, going to a new league in a World Cup year could be problematic for somebody who has never played in Europe(Especially if the league he is going to is not Spain nor Italy). If he makes the move in Europe's summer transfer window then he'll have a fresh start. But as I stated, I do not think it now makes a difference for his development if he were to go now or wait till July of 2018. But for him to want to make the World Cup squad he'll have to decide to go now or wait till July of 2018 rolls around(Of course the release clause will have to come into play). It would make zero sense if he decided to go to a new league in the new year.

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, he would be abandoning ship just days before the Libertadores Quarterfinals. If it weren't for River and Gallardo, who he promised he'd stay the whole Copa, he'd still be a nobody up in Santa Fe. Lets not forget, Alario failed his medical due to a knee problem, yet Gallardo insisted, put his faith in him, and the rest is history.

As I said before, I have no interest in cutting the guy's career, but the world cup is along way off the Libertadores is in 15 days. He should remain at River for another 6 months like many players before him have done, the likes of Falcao, Kranevitter, and others have done, while people like Teo are villainized for walking out before the Libertadores Semis. Football fans are not reasonable people, but we put our team first, its just the way we are and have always been.

Yet all this is moot. If they don't raise their offer by 8.5 million euros, he will stay at River.

As for the Neymar situation, I have no sympathy for Barcelona they have so much money its not funny. They also have the supposed "best academy in the world" yet haven't produced anyone halfway decent since Busquets. They have also given up on the likes of Pique, Alba, and Fabergas only to spend millions and millions to bring them all back. Its not a club I admire, and I'd love to see them have a train wreck of a season, but sadly La Liga is bad, even with a completely shit team like the one they had Sunday with the likes of Paco Alcacer, the now horrible and anorexic Mascherano, Delufeu, etc. they'll have no problem beating 85% of the teams in La Liga without even a fight

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Also you keep beating the drum about it being a World Cup year- well Alario made the National team as a River player. If he's not in the team that Sampaoli will soon announce its not because he's playing at River- a far bigger and more prestigious club than the pharmaceutical company he's rumored to be going to-its because until Sunday night, he hadn't scored in 900 minutes. If he stays at River and gets back his scoring touch like he showed in the Copa Argentina, he'll get called up. If he goes another 900 minutes without finding the net, he won't be, simple as that.

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am not exactly disagreeing with you, I am viewing the situation from both parties. It is not his problem that a late bid has come in. Of course, he will say that he has interest, every player wants to eventually move overseas and play, that is nature of the business. He can't come out and say that he wants to stick around till the tournament is over, this could perhaps scare off future buyers. But regardless, money talks and 8.5 million Euros is quite a bit of money for both clubs. So for now, it appears Alario will be sticking around.

And yes, I know Alario made the seleccion because he played for River. I am not Insinuating that he needs to move to Europe for him to be a regular, far from it. My point is that you eventually need to move over to continue your progression as a player. As a player or even as a human being you need to push yourself to uncharted boundaries, that is the only way you'll ever reach your full potential. As for him not being called-up, which has been the rumor, that is fine, there is still time for him to find a groove and perhaps be brought back to the national team.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River didn't send a list of any possible signings to AFA (the window closes today in Argentina, but clubs are given an additional week to sign players they specifically notify AFA of by midnight today), therefore confirming that River will not bring in a replacement for Alario if he leaves in the coming week. Silvio Romero and Guido Carrillo had been rumored as possible arrivals, but we'll now have to settle with Scocco/Borre/Auzqui/Larrondo if Lucas leaves to Germany.

With that said, we conclude our winter transfer window with 7 new signings:

German Lux
    Javier Pinola
    Marcelo Saracchi
    Enzo Perez
    Nicolas de la Cruz
    Ignacio Scocco
    Rafael Santos Borre

+ Alexander Barboza (return from loan)

Coincidentally, we also had 7 departures so far:

Sebastian Driussi (Zenit)
    Arturo Mina (Yeni Malatyaspor)
    Leandro Vega (San Martin de San Juan -- loan)
    Nicolas Domingo (Independiente)
    Joaquin Arzura (Osasuna -- loan)
    Nicolas Bertolo (Banfield -- loan)
    Ivan Alonso (Free Agent -- linked with a return to Nacional)

Huracan submitted Zacarias Moran Correa's name in their list of possible reinforcements to AFA today, so there is a chance that he'll move to Parque Patricios on loan (they had previously also wanted Domingo and Arzura to cover the position). Tomas Andrade was registered by Temperley (loan).

Ron Mexico repped this.
  16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With all the bad news surrounding Alario, a bit of good news from yesterday

9764-princinota.gif

VAMOS PIBE! BIENVENIDO AL MAS GRANDE DE AMERICA

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  17. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Save us from Casco!:cry:

RiverGaucho, megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  18. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Milton Asco

Ron Mexico repped this.
  19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumors are circulating that Leverkusen will meet with River on Monday and discuss Alario's buyout clause.

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Colon, la concha de tu madreee

RiverGaucho repped this.
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Colon no existis la concha de tu hermana

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aguante RIVER e hinchas de River como EL

DIRg4VRXUAAlHsO.jpg

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Andate Alario pelotudo si pensas que vas a estar mejor en una empresa farmacéutica chau, tenemos a Nacho y a Borre. Andate al carajo idiota.Somos el equipo mas grande de america andadte al carajo

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, it's done... Aldave (agent) just confirmed that Lucas Alario is moving to Bayer Leverkusen. It's a huge shame, but like I said in the other thread, it's understandable.

However, I still stand by my statement sending a big F*** YOU to Colon, who is giving Bayer 4 million euros for the deal to go through (it was convenient for them for the deal to go through now, as next year they would have lost their 40% of his transfer). La concha de tu madre sabalero.... encima si no se metian, hubieran ganado mas con otra transferencia a fin de año. Pierden todos y ganan los alemanes.. :thumbsdown:

Final numbers:

24 million euros -- including taxes and fees

€10,800,000 for River
    €7,200,000 for Colon (minus the 4 that they're giving back to the Germans.... so €3,200,000)

5 year contract for Alario in Germany

Suerte Lucas!

megamac20817 and Ron Mexico repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina