Mercado de Pases 2016 (River Plate TRANSFER News)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 3, 2015.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Arturo Mina has arrived in Buenos Aires. Later on today, he'll undergo his medical, and unless there are any issues, he'll sign his contract. Vamos Arturo! Bienvenido al más grande! :thumbsup:

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Piscu is leaving :(

3. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And so sudden too. I guess Gallardo doesn't think he's got anything to offer anymore.

I'm going to miss him. I was hating on him when he came in a few years ago but he's always been a consistent solid player even when we struggled. I felt like we can at least count on him to provide quality when the team was lacking on some games. But lately he's taken a nose dive and this is probably for the best.

locoxriver repped this.
  4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think its a mistake to let Piscu go. Obviously, he hasn't been at his best lately, but D'Alessandro's loan is going to expire in December and not only will it be expensive as hell to renew the deal, but it seems D'Alessandro himself has no desire to continue in River and really wants to go back and retire at Inter. So in the 2nd half of the season we will be without a number 10... (Please no one mention Pity)

balazsriver10 and locoxriver repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well apparently there's an interest from Valencia in Pity, so even he might leave..

I agree, big mistake to let Piscu go. And as always, regardless of his destination River won't see a penny (they mutually terminated his contract)

6. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How much is Pity going to go for? $1 Million and a new Whirpool machine?

I know D'Onofrio will fvck that one up too.

locoxriver repped this.
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mina completing his medical. Stay tuned. Hopefully, he'll be posing with D'Onofrio later today with the shirt after signing his contract
    1470237058_mina-rossi-revision.jpg

Ron Mexico repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

:(

GRACIAS x TODO PISCU!

megamac20817, RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can't believe Teo has ended up at loan at Rosario Central. This is a huge error by the directors in my opinion. I understood that D'Onofio didn't want him back because of the way he left. I agree- Teo was a huge ass hole and an idiot for leaving us before the semis of the copa, but to not bring him back because you're holding a grudge is asinine.

Larrondo is a good signing, but he is expensive and there are no guarantees that he will do as well with River as he did in Rosario. Teo is a guarantee of goals and also link up, assists.

Overall, I think we did well this mercado de pases but the loss of Teo to Rosario Central is just a head scratcher. I'm honestly shocked he's ended up there.

pepinointer and Ron Mexico repped this.
  11. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Trying to understand Teo's behavior is a losing effort.

megamac20817, pepinointer and locoxriver repped this.
  12. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mercado has signed for Sevilla for €2.5 million. Defence has been completely broken up and with only Maidana staying so far. Dissapointing.

13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We've talked about this a bit on the forum when it happened. Mercado was not very good last season. He did far better for the Argentina NT than he did for River last season. He was so wasteful in attack. He is not the typical attacking RB in the Dani Alves/Cafu mold, he is much better on set pieces, in the air, or even arriving in a center forward's position on occasion.

So while yes, losing Mercado is a massive blow in terms of defensive solidity, leadership, aerial/set piece prowess, but Moreira looks very promising so far and will add a lot of things that Mercado was failing to provide. I remember two or three occasions in the match vs. Independente del Valle where Mercado was alone and only needed to provide a good cross or final ball, and he was unable to do so.

I'm not Mercado bashing here, just saying that he has many weaknesses in his game. Moreira does too, but he also has strengths that Mercado doesn't possess and this will add a different dimension River has been lacking.

If I had the choice between Mercado and Maidana, I think Maidana is far more important, being the rock of the defense. Mercado leaving is not that big of a deal IMO. Vangioni is a bigger loss. I think River has been needing to change the way we play, the way we did this past year since lifting the Liebrtadores is not working. An attacking outlet down the right is a very promising alternative IMO

Taib, Ron Mexico and megamac20817 repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Rodrigo Mora could be transferring to a Middle Eastern club once and for all after the Recopa concludes

Should have kept Gio, but its all good. Let's pray Larrondo is the real deal

Ron Mexico repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    mora loved to be related with this kind of rumours

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing is, they're not really rumors... A formal offer was made by an Arab club in 2015, but was rejected. Another offer arrived 6 months later and was actually accepted, since River promised Mora that they'd sell him after the Libertadores if another offer was made.. Mora had agreed to move and even had a flight scheduled, but last minute River reached an agreement with him to pull out of the deal given his importance in the team at the moment. The Uruguayan was given an improved contract and agreed to stay, which generated anger from the Arab club, who subsequently threatened to file legal actions against River.

Now, another offer has arrived.. He no longer is the undisputed forward that he was during the Sudamericana/Libertadores era, and in fact is deeper in Gallardo's consideration for the position following Larrondo's arrival. The fans wouldn't be as opposed to his exit as they would have been a year ago either, so everything seems to indicate that this time he will indeed leave, as long as the offer is satisfactory

megamac20817 repped this.
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I kept hearing rumors about River being interested in Jason a few months back. Janson is a real talent and I think he'll be on move sooner or later.

But BTW, will Muneco finally give Arzura a proper look?

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think the fact that he signed Rossi from Banfield and that he let Arzura go to the Olympics will give you a pretty big idea that Gallardo doesn't rate him too highly. Remember, Battalla was supposed to go to the olympics, but River held him out because he was essential to River and Gallardo's plans... That didn't happen with Arzura.

Honestly I don't mind Arzura and I'd rate him ahead of this version of Ponzio or Nico Domingo, but Gallardo doesn't seem to be a big fan. I think he may have been a signing brought in by the directors and not asked for by the coach himself

As for Mora, I'd let him go. Its very much the end of a cycle in my opinion. He's given a lot to club now let him go earn big bucks in the middle east. Its clear he's not high up Gallardo's plans right now and his form has been pretty poor in recent months.

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It Seems promising ...

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL... 3 fechas in, and Bertolo has already scored more goals since returning to Banfield than he did in his whole year here.

megamac20817, RiverGaucho and Ron Mexico repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Ivan Alonso has asked Gallardo and the dirigentes to allow him to return to Nacional for the final part of his career if River doesn't qualify to the Libertadores..

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What would you all say about Diego Buonanotte as a potential target? He was the big star for Universidad Catolica winning the Chilean league title. I don't think its a bad idea considering D'Alessandro is probably leaving and Pity Martinez has been garbage other than a few moments of brilliance.

balazsriver10 repped this.