Meram / Accam

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by ZipSix, May 8, 2019.

1. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd put it on a stick and roast it.

2. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe NYCFC wanted to send him to the western conference so they didn’t have to witness their failure twice a year for years to come.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  3. Union42

Union42 Member+

Jul 29, 2013
    Swarthmore, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I come in peace.

Accam, or Titi as he now likes to be called in honor of his late father, was signed by our former sporting director and is more of a winger than a striker, so he didn't fit with our new system which doesn't really use true wingers. I think he was our 2nd highest salary, and we have a solid midfielder on loan who our new sporting director is trying to free up resources and cap space to permanently acquire this summer. We still have plenty of depth at striker, even with the Cory Burke Visa debacle, and there is a kid in our academy they have been looking to promote (news of which was announced on the heels of the Accam announcement). Accam had also asked to be moved as he wanted more minutes, so I think this deal is good for Accam, the Union, and apparently you guys as well.

You're getting a good player when he's healthy. He was a huge signing for us last season, but underwhelmed last year because of what turned out to be a lingering hernia injury which has since been repaired. I really liked him during his time with us, but circumstances didn't really work out in his favor due to injuries, changes in management, salary cap constraints, and not enough minutes to go around.

TRUJDUB, Tobias C, Robbiegoal and 21 others repped this.
  4. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This is my favorite "here's what you just bought" post of all time.

5. Union42

Union42 Member+

Jul 29, 2013
    Swarthmore, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #30 Union42, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    One more thing about Titi that I should add... many Union fans were disappointed with his acquisition going into this season due to his big cap hit and lack of production last season. His hot start this year changed a lot of opinions of him, and the moment that really did it was our win over you guys in March that he scored two goals in. Not sure if this was reported in the Columbus media, but his father died unexpectedly in Ghana the day before that game, and he had made plans to have his father travel to America to see him play for the first time later this season. That was a really emotional moment for our players and fans, and something I'll never forget about the guy. We are going to miss him here in Philly, but I think we all also understand that it was a good move for all parties.

TRUJDUB, Tobias C, Robbiegoal and 7 others repped this.
  6. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ZipSix repped this.