Menjivar and El Salvador vs. USMNT

Discussion in 'Atlanta NASL' started by divdev12, Jul 19, 2013.

1. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Sorry, Richie, but business is business. ;)

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Club before country?

3. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Uh, no.

GoDawgsGo repped this.
  4. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I obviously love Menjivar in an Atlanta shirt, but there was no reason for him to give Donovan grief on the corner when Donovan was being pelted by stuff from the stands. Was Donovan supposed to just stand their and get whacked in the head? No.

BostonRed repped this.
  5. divdev12

divdev12 Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wynalda said that Menjivar has been getting some calls and doesn't expect him to be in Atlanta much longer. Does he move before the Fall season?

6. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I think the smart bet would be yes. I'll be fine with him staying, of course. :D

7. The Earl of Lemongrab

May 23, 2012
    Johns Creek, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was pretty cool hearing Wynalda get some Silverbacks talk in there on a national broadcast. Yes, we are champions! Ha. I love it when he said that.

That was interesting news on Menjivar. I hate to lose another key player in our championship run. But that's life in the second division. Reinvest. Scout. Develop. Sell. Repeat.

On a slightly related topic, I noticed that most of the other El Salvador players play in their domestic league. How do you guys think the El Salvador domestic league compares to the NASL?

8. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    I'd hate to even venture a guess about El Salvador's league since I've never seen any games from there, but for the sake of speculation I'd guess it might be just below NASL level...maybe?

9. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The CCL teams like Isidro Metapan are probably at NASL level, Then about 3 or 4 that would be slightly below to the same depending on the year (Alianza, FAS, Firpo and Aguila)

The other 8-12 teams (depending on pro/rel) are not very good IMO.

They are probably cheap to buy and salary wise, it would not be a bad idea for some teams to take a look at some.

I know #11 (I think Zelaya) has played in Russia D2, but I doubt he would be cheap.

10. The Earl of Lemongrab

May 23, 2012
    Johns Creek, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watch matches like that and I think that we should be able to pull good talent from the central American domestic leagues. Maybe cherry pick a few of the younger talents. We'd probably be able to offer better wages plus the chance to live in the States for a little while.

We only have a limited number of scouts but there is definitely talent to be had.