Medic!!!

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by ZeekLTK, Feb 1, 2007.

1. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    My titanic keeper got injured with a +4. I need him back ASAP!!!

I have 10 doctors right now. What happens if I get more? Will that help him recover quicker? What negative impact besides draining my cash will more than 10 have? How do I know how many doctors I need to get him better by a week from Sunday (I figure it's unrealistic to expect him to come back in 3-4 days, but 10-11 I think is feesible).

He's 26 years old, if that helps.

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I have to ask, what are you doing risking a titanic GK in a friendly??...I havent run it through an injury predictor, but at age 26 next weeks' league is going to be a tall order.

3. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Forgot to change my lineup.

Well, actually, when I set up the friendly I made sure to put in my trainees, but then I was like "I'll adjust the rest of the lineup later" and never got around to it. :/

But anyways, what are the negatives to hiring more than 10 doctors?

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I believe you will take a supporter hit...how good is your backup?

5. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    backup is a solid.

My guy went down to +3 today (after just one health update, with "only" 10 doctors).

I thought there was a link somewhere about how many you would need to heal someone in X amount of time, but I can't find it anywhere in the search.

6. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

Your supporters will be pissed.

Use one of the calculators, e.g. http://www.student.kun.nl/rvanaarle/injury.php?nAge=26&nWeeks=3&nTSIafter=34760

(Foxtrick has links on the player page for an injured player.)

50 doctors would put it at ca. 11-12 updates.

7. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Hmmm.... according to that, with 10 doctors it will take 15-16 updates, with 50 11-12. I guess it's not worth it to get more doctors?

8. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Probably not - it took me forever to recover from that when I tried to get my prospect healed in time.

9. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Worth it" is a value judgement that only you can make. You can definitely get enough doctors to have him back in time, the question is whether the cost in salaries and hit to your supporter mood is worth it to you.

10. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I assumed that since he is kinda an older player (though I guess 26 isn't that old yet) then more doctors would make a significant impact. Like I thought +4 would take around ~30 days for him, so if I could get it down to 10-12 that'd be sweet. But if it's only going to take 15 and the best I can do is get it down to (within reason) is 11, I might as well wait 4 extra days and save my money.

Thanks for all the help though.

11. BattalionFC

BattalionFC New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Hattrick Forever has got a feature for this Zeek, when I punch in 3 weeks, 26 years and 10 doctors it says:

Bruised but training: 08/02/07 - 13/02/07
    Bruised but playing: 13/02/07 - 18/02/07
    Healthy: 18/02/07 - 24/02/07

Not sure how accurate it is, but thats what comes up...

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    the moral of the story is dont play your titanic keeper in friendlies when your backup is only a solid ;)

13. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In related news, if all of my players are finally healthy, should I fire all of my doctors now, or should I wait until after the next matchday to see if someone else gets injured?

14. ej014

ej014 Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Vacaville, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually fire them before the economic update so you won't have to pay their wages for the next week.

15. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    if you are completely healthy - fire them all now. They will charge you a weeks salary - which you would be charged anyway at the economic update. If someone gets injured in your league game you can rehire right after the game (or friendly if the player is important).

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    personally I keep doctors on staff permanently now, cause whenever I seem to fire them, I always get a guy hurt.

17. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kept one on the roster for the same reason. He's like a lucky rabbit's foot. :)

18. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Are you kidding me?

My backup keeper got a +3 injury tonight.

WTF?!?!

19. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess that is HT's way of saying "Don't play a Titantic Keeper in your Friendly" even though it was by accident. You need a new set of virtual dice.

20. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    This is a ridiculous week for my keepers.

A few days before the friendly, I pulled a 18 year old solid keeper. My 24 year old solid was not injured, so I immidiately listed the 18 year old on the transfer list.

As mentioned above, my backup got hurt. Shit. No one had bid on my other guy, and I listed him fairly high at $100k, so as I see that my backup is injured I think "well, maybe no one will buy the guy I have listed".Nope, almost right after my backup gets hurt, someone puts a bid in.

So I frantically go out and look for a cheap solid keeper. I see one at $15k and he's minutes from the deadline! I put in a $16k bid and... score! I got him. But then I notice why no one else bid on him. He's 27 and has a +5 injury!!! Shit! This won't be so bad in the future, because when he's healed I can sell him back and make a profit, but that doesn't help my current situation.

So I go out and find another one who's near the deadline for just $35k. Like 4 people get into a bidding war with me and I end up paying $66k for him.

So right now I have 5 keepers on my roster.

26 yo Titanic with a +2 injury
    24 yo Solid with a +3 injury
    18 yo Solid who is about to be sold in like 25 minutes
    27 yo Solid with a +5 injury
    28 yo Solid who will be my starting keeper... for the moment

Ahhh!! lol :D

Now let's see how bad the 28 yo gets injured in tonight's friendly. :D

21. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Well I survived my league match this week, 3-1 win. So my titanic will be fine by next week (he's at +1 right now). As long as no more injuries, I should win my league this season. :D