MD8: Udinese vs Roma (October 30th, 2019)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Midfield General, Oct 28, 2019.

1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol

Let’s hope they continue to crash so we can get De Paul for cheap.

shiboboo repped this.
  2. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Mandragora invisible in the first half and subbed off at halftime. Strange.

@La Magica

20m

Andreas and shiboboo repped this.
  3. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Kluivert was very good tonight. He's coming on nicely now I think.

I'm starting to warm to Veretout a bit. I hope that continues. His corner taking from the right is top drawer btw.

I just wanna say now that I like Mancini. I like that kid a lot actually. Needs to cut down on the yellows though, but Smaldini can be blamed for the one he got tonight.

I might have to start calling Pastore 'Flaco' again and not Flopo, for now anyway. Another solid turn. He has not only brought a bit of silky quality to our game but has also put in some hard yards to boot.

In case I havent mentioned this before, Milhouse is dog shit. I'll keep saying it till people here listen. That boy drags our game down. Need to offload him next summer if possible. We're going nowhere with him in our midfield.

Far more positive about the team after the last couple games, but certainly not a time to get ahead of ourselves. Nipoli will be a big test.

When we get everyone back fit (except Milhouse, he can stay hurt cause he's shit) Fonseca really will have so many genuine options at his disposal.

ErPupone and SaI' repped this.
  4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
  5. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  6. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  7. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    4 points off 1st boys :D

8. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    7 points off of first though

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #109 falvo, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Beautiful goals!

Le pagelle di Udinese-Roma 0-4: Zaniolo non si ferma più ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The kluivert goal is truly special from start to finish. Maybe already our team goal of the season. Samir is 6 yards deeper than the rest of the defence and all his momentum is moving to Zaniolo. Not a lot of players have the ability to read the play as quickly as Pastore did and then play the perfect weighted pass. Still work to do for kluivert but he kept his cool.

Andreas, whill4, wm72 and 2 others repped this.
  11. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Last 2 games for Pastore:

@La Magica, seems you were right. Apologies, I need to take my hater-goggles off at times. I said coming into the season, I wanted him to be the most-expensive minnow slayer in the league, and be benched against big teams. If the last two games are any indicication, it looks like there's a chance of that happening.

I'd much rather he played well for the good of Roma, than for my ego-boner to expand. Still want him gone ASAP (mainly for financial reasons) and the growth of Lorenzo at #10, but he's here now, and I should be more supportive.

wm72, shiboboo, SaI' and 3 others repped this.
  12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's ok mate. I went easy on you as I knew you were watching with the blinkers on and had the 3rd world stream to deal with. Cant be easy. ;)

Nutmegs should be added to that list. He's starting to find that confidence again.

13. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Got him on my fantacalcio team and that wanker has an average rating of like 5 this season. I hope he'll be used as a winger again after Tudor is gone.

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cristante's game might not be pretty, but he's tracked the most mileage on the team, and I think eighth in the league. You need players like that, especially when most of your mids are natural playmakers.

La Magica, hangthadj and Forzaabruzzo repped this.
  15. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  16. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    So you are saying he’s back?

17. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    ErPupone repped this.
  18. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pastore has always been a classy player. IMO, the question mark about him has always been his effort off the ball. The last few games he's really put the effort in both pressing when we don't have the ball and his movement off the ball when we do.

wm72 repped this.
  19. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #119 GamE_Ove12, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Running alone doesn't add much. Cristante has been a disappointment both defensively and in possession. The addition of Mancini to midfield has been a blessing in disguise. It added a much needed balance especially defensively, something that Cristante (and Pellegrini) were not able to offer playing in the double pivot. Both are too soft and uninterested in being an anchor. Mancini has been way smarter in covering space, way stronger in one-one duels, more willing to open space to his colleagues, and wiser in releasing the ball with a creative eye. No cute impossible passes or back heels that result in us suffering from counters.

I'd take Mancini in midfield over Cristante as a DM any day. Cristante is not a DM and will never be one no matter how long we stick him there. The only spot he may be useful for us is behind the striker providing offensive runs in a Perotta-like role, thats where he performed his best with Atalanta. But we already have 3 players competing for 1 spot there.

Haakon24 and nguoiaoden repped this.
  20. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma

Good idea ! I have the same thought with you :)

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I do understand what you're saying.

22. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I have hoped to be wrong about him since he came but still feel the same way as you: his best spot as an every match regular is probably a Perrotta or Lampard kind of mold for a club like Cagliari or Torino.

I actually really like Cristante's grit on the pitch and think he's a solid depth midfielder with versatility that I would not say a word about if his price tag wasn't what a club like Roma needs to be paying only for clear first choice players.

23. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Cristante sucks.

Nabolidaboli repped this.
  24. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma