MD8: Roma - Napoli (October 14th, 2017)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    It's the Roma-Napoli game thread you clown

Java65, shiboboo and Hustle and Flo repped this.
  2. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    It's my thread and you have my permission to post here.

3. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thanks for having some class and intelligence.

Lord Retard does this every so often.

Java65 and Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Diego who?

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Agree, Napoli were the better side but it could have easily been a 0-0 but for a weak mistake. We're short on players with injuries while Perotti was only getting back into it.

Napoli are the best starting 11 in Italy, if they can remain healthy they will win this season. It could have been a race of us v them this season if it wasn't for baldy.

In other years I would have been pissed at this result but I'm realistic with this side. Next year will be the test for EDF. This year we will be happy with 3rd and from what we've shown I think thats attaintable.

Java65 and shiboboo repped this.
  6. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh and the insults start coming, how original. Please Gentlemen, this does get tiresome. At least I am doing everyone a favour, I am obviously bringing fans together and make a public enemy that everyone dislikes. To be honest, I am probably one of the most important members of this forum.

7. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this for real??? Or is this a WWE segment.

Honestly, I liked your initial post. Even fans walking out of the game today were way toooo calm. I was pissed, outplayed at home. No real great chances besides two headeds and Under at the end.

But then you bashed the ownership... who is legitmately spending and committing €€€ to our future.... so you lost me there.

Go have a panino, this forum will be here tomorrow

8. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You guys have a solid side, very solid defensively and Perrotti is a very good player on the wing. You guys and Atalanta gave us toughest games of the year so far in Serie A.

Best of luck the rest of the way (unless it directly affects Napoli of course :) )

9. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My family lives in Aversa e Napoli... this is always a weird fixture for me with the amount of presepe in my house

10. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully you guys end the mafia's scudetto streak. Really tired of seeing them win.

JCNapoli17 and Indian_Gladiator repped this.
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When I lived in Italy, I knew many Napolitani who were Romanisti.

GiallorossiYank repped this.
  12. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My biggest takeaway from this game is that Pellegrini is a stud. Best player on the field for us today, imo. Shoutout to JJ who seems to have recovered to some semblance of reliability at cb.

wm72 and Hustle and Flo repped this.
  13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We were shit until Napoli ran out of gas. Shame De Rossi was crap last night and gave up that goal. Maybe a draw would have been more fair considering how badly Napoli ran out of gas in the second.

shiboboo repped this.
  14. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    My focus is already on Chelsea. They seem to be on the verge of self-implosion, which I'm undecided as to whether that's a good or bad thing for us.

Man City kicked their ass at the bridge and they just lost to Palace. 3 losses in a row might put Conte on the hot seat. Roman is that ruthless.

Also, Napoli vs City is going to be a great watch. I'm not sure Napoli can go toe to toe with those guys. We'll see.

15. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Napoli deserved to be ahead at half time no question, even though their goal was largely down to a major error from DDR, they were far better than us in the 1st half. We did however do enough in the 2nd half to deserve a draw in my opinion, but it just wasn't to be. Very disappointing results against Inter and Napoli aside, this team has shown enough to suggest we can finish at least 3rd/4th, but obviously to do that we are going to have win some of the bigger matches at some point.

For me the 4 best sides in Serie A at the moment are Roma, Juve, Napoli and Lazio. Inter have rode their luck big time so far (hoping for an AC win tonight to put Inter back in their box), although they'll likely have their say. The top 4 will come for these 5 teams no question.

16. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Pellegrini looked good yesterday, Alisson is looking world class. If he continues like this for few months, Monchi might need to tie him with a longterm contract.

shiboboo and ErPupone repped this.
  17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Watching the highlights on Rai. There seemed to be 4 missed pk calls. Three for Napoli and one for Roma. Roma was unfortunate that Reina save a sure goal that flicked off the post. It is looking like Napoli's year. Although its still early, unless they screw it up, its their scudetto to lose.

18. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can you see anything on standard def BS? lol

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What is standard def BS?

20. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you watching in USA? Most RAI USA packages are only in standard definition, people like flip out on RAI on twitter all the time lol

21. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    There were no penalty calls, one was a dive and the other was DDR sliding and the ball hit his foot then changed direction and hit his hand, no ref would call that.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #122 falvo, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    I know they didn't call them but they were still pk's as they just showed the replays on the Rai. One by DeRossi, one where Mertens was brought down at the edge of the box and one in the 90th minute. I think another one where Dzecko was brought down from behind.

23. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Mertens got stomped on in the box, but the way the game was going no way that gets called and also Mertens was diving too much throughout the game... boy who cried wolf, etc.

Kind of like when Cuadrado would dive for team not named Juventus even when he did get fouled you know he was a diving shit so you didn't make calls for him.

24. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    When you say that we have now lost to both Inter and Napoli at home, it sounds bad, but I'd like to think this isn't the full picture. We had injury problems in defence against Inter, with Juan playing makeshift RB. We had injury problems in attack against Napoli, with Florenzi playing at RW and IMO clearly not ready yet to trouble a well organized team such as Napoli. There must be something wrong with our physical preparation or with the training, because the injury crisis has hurt us so early into the season already. We should look no further than our last opponents, who haven't played fewer games than us (1 more, actually), but only missed Milik yesterday. Could this be only down to bad luck? I don't know.

25. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly don't understand how anybody could be upset when you look at the list of injuries; SES, Schick, Defrel, Strootman, Karsdorp, Emerson and Perotti at about 3/4. Florenzi forced to play in attack after 2 years of playing RB.

The fact we only lost 1-0 on an odd goal and actually gave them a game in the second half is really something and EDF (and the player) deserve a lot of credit.

edit. Forgot to add somebody needs to figure out why we keep having this many injuries. It can't just be bad luck anymore, it has to be related to training.

wm72 and whill4 repped this.