MD8: Roma - Napoli (October 14th, 2017)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Andreas, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Napoli are superior to us in every department at this moment in time. If we get anything out of this game it'll be a miracle

2. DeGiulio

DeGiulio Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Need something offensive here, EDF

3. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Seriously. I like Insigne and Jorginho.

The rest can suck it.

Java65 repped this.
  4. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ugh , we're inching our way back into this match....

How bad has our crossing been though? Terrible!

5. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    BRUNO!

YOU HAD THE WHOLE PITCH YOU TARD

6. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTF.. of all the people that have sucked he takes off Florenzi.. should have been Peres.

romanista8910 repped this.
  7. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please. Get rid of Peres.

8. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Come on Gerson....

Channel some Ronaldinho magic

9. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Dzeko doing his turnover machine act again.

Man, he's the antithesis of dynamism.

10. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has Perotti touched the ball this half?

11. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    second half much better and considering how decimated we are with injuries I can't complain too much

12. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Need to get Gerson in gym. Still a bit too soft. He probably could be as big as Pogba with a bit of weight training.

13. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    we lost to Nipoli.............that's all that matters.

14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    We could've salvaged a point with some luck. We did the best we could at this point, hopefully we will be playing better in few months when we play them again.

shiboboo repped this.
  15. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Well, a very good response after EDF's subs.

There are definitely positives to take away from this match. We had our opportunities to draw the match, just didn't happen unfortunately.

But, we still are a team full of band-aid solutions, and I can't wait for Monchi to move some of these guys on.

I thought Fazio played really well and it's always nice to see the kids get some action.

shiboboo repped this.
  16. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well, I guess the Napoli hype is real this time. It would really suck if Juventus end up getting dethroned not by us. Perhaps we have made one too many changes in a year that could have been 'the' year. Or maybe things would be different if half our new signings weren't out injured. That's what happens when you sign broken players.

17. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just forget about this game. We had one healthy attacker out there versus one of the most in-form teams in Europe at the moment. And still had chances to tie it up.

I hate blaming luck, but it's kind of nutty how unlucky we've been this season with posts and injuries. I don't think there has been a game this season where we weren't missing at least a couple starters. Now Manolas may be injured.

La Magica repped this.
  18. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There must be something wrong with our training. It can't only be down to luck. This is now too many players with muscle problems so early into the season.

19. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    #94 Hustle and Flo, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Yeah, it's hard to do as a Roma fan, but we've really got to look at the big picture here.

EDF really has to show his man-management abilities before Wednesday's match. We've got to shake this loss off, something Roma hasn't been historically great at. Chelsea is really beat up as well, with some major injuries, and they just lost to Crystal Palace today (kind of puts things in perspective).

And hey , at least Juventus lost.

20. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I knew you were all a bunch of wimps on this forum, but the posts are as bad as our very own losers a la PSG-Lover and Zeman's brainchild.

We are a MASSIVE 9 points behind Napoli. Scudetto already up in flames. We have lost to two of our biggest Rivals. Inter destroyed us and Napoli beat us with some ease. No, Milan is not a great team, so no need to count that.

What sums it all up, is our great and amazing new coach, who probably watches Zeman matches on You Tube, seems to think this was a good result, because we did not get " destroyed " by Napoli. Hopeless, but understandable when we have our American losers more concerned with some stupid stadium, then building a team to win the Scudetto.

I said this would be a dreadful season. As usual, I continue to be right and you all, as usual, continue to be wrong. All you losers, who think we were " unlucky " can get hysterical about great wins against Verona all you want, but thats all we are going to get this season.

We should look on the bright side though, maybe we beat Lazio in the derby, and maybe beat them to 6th place.... that is also probably a long shot at the moment.

23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^This. It's been an issue for several years now and it can't simply be "luck". There is something wrong with how we train.

No joking maybe we should tack on yoga.

24. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Lord farquaad you needa take it easy. You guys were unlucky with the post and crossbar. You guys are also much better than Lazio, when we played against Lazio they started the game strong but 2nd half they were atrocious. Inter looks to just be getting results without playing all too well, Milan doesn't look good at all and Juventus has slipped up twice but I expect them to come back with a 17 game win streak aided by refs at some point in the campaign.

Roma is easily a top 3 side in Serie A. With some luck they can even move out of their extremely tough group in the UCL. They need points off of Chelsea.

Also that "stupid stadium" is something some/most of us Napoli fans want ADL to be focusing on due to long term benefits.

Simmer down bud

shiboboo and Hustle and Flo repped this.
  25. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why in the blue hell, are you posting in a Roma forum.