MD35: Milan v Roma (May 7th, 2017)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, May 6, 2017.

1. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were world class players here before Totti and players that were also just as influential to our history. Totti has been treated extremely well in his later years all things considered. The fact we are even talking about him still being on this team in 2017 is an example of that.

Ago had it infinitely worse than Totti.

shiboboo repped this.
  2. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The coach can do what he thinks is best but it doesn't mean that anyone have to agree with him. The coach has also had it out for Totti since day 1 so it's hard to to fathom that his decisions are always in the best interest of the team and not in his own personal interests. If a 3-1 lead couldn't be defended for 10 minutes against Milan so Totti could have one last go in the stadium as a sign of respect then that's pretty sad and we didn't deserve to win. Totti isn't playing in a wheelchair, I'm sure we could have defended the 2 goal lead.

But anyways on to the next game.

3. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I beg to differ with people saying there were players before like totti and there will be players like him after totti. I'm from rome. I didn't choose to become a Romanista I was born one. I've been there at least once a year for the last 28 years of my life. To the people that live there, my people.. there is God and then there is Totti as sad as it is to say those words but it's the truth. I'm tired of seeing him suffer, I hope this is his retirement season as hard as it is to say, I just wished that a player of that stature and all that he's done for this city, for this club and for the 25 plus years of emotions hes given us..that teams with 10+ scudettos and champions league will never know what that feels like, I just wished he went off in better fashion. And I do put the blame on palotta and spalletti both for how they handled this. I was not complaining all season when he didn't play, But as the season ends and against iconic teams and stadiums, especially where opposing fans were waiting for him, he should have been inserted in the game just to get that ovation. Anyways I'm done with this story, I see how you guys view him and it blows my mind. Let's move past Totti and try not to mention him anymore were not here to fight. I hope we can finish second which is still gonna be very difficult as napoli will get maximum points and we have juve to play. And hopefully we can make important signings or at least one that will please us that will be left with a hole in our chest once Totti hangs the cleats up.

romanista8910 repped this.
  4. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That was beautiful.

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He plays another season

6. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I don't why the uproar about yesterdays game. There were a lot of games all year that he could played Totti but like you said that wasn't one of them.

La Magica repped this.
  7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It was a dangerous situation against a plucky side. Remember they were predicted relegation battlers and are doing fantastic to find themselves pushing for Europe at this point in the season.

8. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    My Totti comment was based on the fact Totti scored 26 his best season in Serie A and Dzeko 27 meaning he was only 1 goal away for that accolade .

Never did i compare the two :thumbsup:

romanista8910 repped this.
  9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Brutal treatment of Totti? Talk about hyperbole. He chose to keep playing beyond the age of 40, he's gonna set out most games, no need for exaggeration.

Bruno Conte, De Bartolomei and Giannini were kicked out 5-10 years younger.

whill4 and shiboboo repped this.
  10. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You'd post that knowing that we're going into our first summer transfer season without G?

Do you really think that that is appropriate to do?

Do you have any idea of the fear that brings to us?

We have an entire summer where it's possible we might actually pay a transfer fee.

And yet you still went ahead and did it anyway.

I think less of you as a person to be completely honest.