MD30: Roma vs Fiorentina (April 3rd, 2019)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by L'immortale, Apr 3, 2019.

1. TheFerryBoat

TheFerryBoat Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lol everyone was saying last years midfield had no creativity and what not. What is this shit we saw today? It was a joke. I was very disappointed when we lost Radja and Strootman at the same time. They were absolute beasts last year

Haakon24 repped this.
  2. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They were not beasts last year, and this year's midfield issues does not make last year's midfield good all of a sudden. We have not had a good midfield in two years.

Vulpinous, hangthadj, Oban14 and 5 others repped this.
  3. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    #78 Hustle and Flow, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    exactly. people really can't seem to separate the sales and the replacements as being different issues.

The sales were terrific value and smart moves, the replacements not so much.

I could probably spend 10 minutes and find 15 CM's I would've preferred for similar or cheaper prices.

shiboboo and Shen-O repped this.
  4. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Apparently there are many giraffes in this forum. No other reasonable explanation for how some are still able to kiss Moronchi's mediocre ass from a peninsula away. And you kiss your moms with those mouths... disgusting.

L'immortale repped this.
  5. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    No last years midfield was very good, just not world class. It was certainly light years ahead of our any midfield in Serie A excluding Juventus and Napoli. It lacked creativity but we could boss any team physically. Quality and determination like we had is not easily replaced.

6. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    At the time the replacements (maybe excluding Pastore) were seen as smart moves. Our attack and defense was and is dogshit and our midfield carried us every step of the way. You can look at how Radja and Strootman are playing now and say it was wise but our midfield knew how to play together.

7. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You type like someone who knows he's behind a computer screen

whill4, L'immortale, Java65 and 4 others repped this.
  8. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    #83 Hustle and Flow, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Not by everyone. Cristante was the only one I actually agreed with.

That's your opinion. I don't happen to agree at all. Strootman and Ninja had some pretty awful underlying numbers. De Rossi was class, though. We've missed him big time this season. Alisson was our MVP though, make no mistake. He covered up a lot of the garbage we still see today, and was probably our best possession builder from the back.

They weren't good last season, and quite a few posters felt that way, and knew they'd fall off a cliff in the not-too-distant-future. Which is exactly what happened. This isn't hindsight speaking. I (and others) were saying move on from those two long before we saw them at different clubs.

I dunno what to tell you. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Java65 and shiboboo repped this.
  9. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Do you imagine that you are behind a woman when you are in front of your computer screen then? Or behind Moronchi more likely.

Congratulations btw, you've won the stupidest comment of the year in April.

L'immortale repped this.
  10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year MF was trash. They passed the ball side to side or backwards and their wasn't a creative molecule in the bunch. This group has creativity but unfortunately they really lack experience and are always trying to make that exceptional pass instead of the easy one when.

11. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A very well thought out, articulate argument.

L'immortale and ErPupone repped this.
  12. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    His obsession with assholes is seriously worrying. I would not like to see his browsing history.

Haakon24, decola, ErPupone and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We might not have played amazing attacking football last season, but we still had the 3rd best midfield in the league.

14. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Guess you're in a league of your own by now.

L'immortale repped this.
  15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The midfield was stable but they wanted to try and progress the football side of it. Isnt that the whole purpose from year to year? I did love the warrior mentality those 3 brought into the games against tough opposition. Having them on he pitch for the game against Barca for example, even though the game wasnt won there still gave confidence to look at the team on the pitch and have 3 beasts but it was time to make the adjustment to attempt to improve.

The logic was sound but with football, the signings dont always work out. Even though I believed EDF would have carried us over the line this season if left alone to work. Now its really hard to say with much certainty.

shiboboo repped this.