MD27: Roma v Napoli (March 4th, 2017)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I suspect, had we won today, that we might not have seen you again for awhile.

Midfield General repped this.
  2. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Good point.

3. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LN your ass got sunk by the French, you have no say.

4. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The only thing worse than losing is having someone say "I told you so" afterwards.

5. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Lazio game was just a lackluster embarrassment of an excuse for a game.

This was a tactical goof. The two CB setup left Fazio isolated on a guy far quicker than him too often.

La Magica repped this.
  6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I have faith in the squad and while the form has slipped I'm trusting this is a timely wake up call. The character and quality is here for us to win something. Nothing has changed for me. I hope the squad stays together starting next year and we can get in one or two and continue to grow. It's the only way to challenge.

8. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're getting 2nd place like most years and most likely will continue to change the backline this summer. But we hopefully will work towards increasing the caliber of our bench, improving overall squad depth, which is what always kills us sooner or later.

9. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It was important. For some reason away goals don't matter in Serie A H2H.

10. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Good point. :D

Fake news everywhere.

11. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I think we played very conservative against Napoli, that is until we conceded the first goal. Same thing with Lazio.

You can't play conservative when you are down a goal or two.

ErPupone repped this.
  12. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm inclined to disagree. The term 'conservative' doesn't fit either.

As for not playing cautiously when down a goal or two, well obviously.

13. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    We played with 4 centre backs and 10 men behind the ball yesterday, and our attack consisted of long balls to Dzeko and not much more, it doesn't get more conservative than that.

La Magica and wm72 repped this.
  14. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^This. The spacing between the CBs was all wrong too. Switching back to that formation is something you do against lesser teams.

In the end I think Spalletti tried to be too conservative and Roma just needs to be Roma.

15. TifosoRoma

TifosoRoma Member

Feb 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    aaaaaand somehow I knew Juve would drop points right after we lose

16. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  17. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Son, you are totally fackin deluded or you thought Roma were playing in blue. Napoli were lucky to come out with the three points in the end but you're talking bollocks.

P.S Sal message me on faciabook asap.

18. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clearly as a Napoli fan you are challenged but there were a couple of occasions that Reini was caught out of goal and he was LUCKY Roma didn't score. There was the chance that Salah had right in front of goal and missed he also hit the post. Then there was Perotti's disallowed goal (rightly so) but if the ball doesn't bounce up that's a goal.

I didn't say Roma deserved to win I just was pointing out that if you want to count "could've goals" Roma had number of them themselves.

19. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Clearly tis you that are challenged. It was 2-0, Napoli could have ran away with it, if we play the if game, Napoli could have had scored 1 of the other chances it would have been 3-0 or 4 -0 before Roma got a consolidation. Napoli should have shut up shop at the 80th and play with retardation. I never took your post as suggesting Roma deserved to win, Napoli deserved to win based on the whole 90 minutes, but had it ended 2-2 there could have been no complaints. Only an amazing save and Luck prevented the draw.

Danijel repped this.
  20. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you read what I was responding to the OP said Roma were lucky Napoli didn't score 3 or 4 against us. That's what I was responding to. Sure Napoli had the chance to score 3 or 4 goals but so did Roma and that was my point. Like I said, I wasn't taking anything away from Napoli I just hate that rational.

Sure it could have been a draw but over 90 mins Napoli were the better team and Roma only came alive at the end so I don't begrudge you all the victory, but I don't think you were 3 or 4 goals better.

21. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you joking with me ? I humiliated the French, the Spanish, the Americans - who ever came my way, I crushed them with my brilliance.

Spalletti simply tried to be a little more defensive and conservative. The problem is; our defense is crap - when we play like that, this will be a normal result. He should have gone with the tried and tested, that has worked fairly well this season. Salah should have started.

Shen-O repped this.
  22. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am Sorry, but I think I am spinning in my grave; your English is horrid. I couldn't read it anymore after the second word.

Vulpinous repped this.
  23. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Not that i need to explain myself to someone who needs to get with the times and don some suitable current attire but if "Tis" Was good enough for Shakespeare It's good enough for your candy ass and i added the "Are" bit cus i could also i added ' "Cus" cus i could too and I'm posting from my PS4 which makes typing discom********inbobulated.

Yea that's right bitches, that was all one sentence right there.

Oban14, ErPupone, Danijel and 2 others repped this.