MD23: Chievo vs Roma (February 8th, 2019)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Not bad. Some decent moments for sure. Still feel like we're struggling to impose our will on a game with possession, but it was a step in the right direction. We've got to kill team's will to press with quicker ball circulation, but that's not gunna happen with these set of players.

The good fortune early with SES' goal certainly helped set the tone.

Man of the match is probably Dzeko for me. He could've had 2-3 more goals, but his contribution to buildup and linking play was some of the best this season.

2. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Start Fox Mulder instead of the Swedish beta. I’ve seen enough.

HeadBurn3r repped this.
  3. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Solid enough performance against a really sh1t team. Not much to see here.

I wonder sometimes do people forget that Kolarov is an attacking full-back and always was. Something that EDF likes. You gotta problem with Kolarov you gotta problem with the manager. The two go together. He's still one of the best attacking FBs (certainly in Serie A anyway) out there (6 goals was it?) and I dont know the number of goals he has been directly/indirectly involved with. Whilst certainly no world beater defensively, he is still generally competent. I just wish people would please bare those points in mind before they have another piss and whine about his defending.

4. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Kolarov is one of the last players I’d complain about. One of tge few difference makers in this squad.

Oban14, Big Bad Wolf and HeadBurn3r repped this.
  5. HeadBurn3r

HeadBurn3r Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Novi Pazar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Nice game by Karsdorp and Dzeko. CBs did a decent job, although midfield was disfunctional today.

Karsdorp surprisingly good lately.

6. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Dzeko was immense today, so was Nzonzi. Cristante and Zaniolo didn’t impose themselves on the match enough.

This was Olsen’s best performance in Roma’s shirt.

L'immortale and tmontana52 repped this.
  7. muptonfish

muptonfish Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I understand his defensive limitations, however I don’t understand the frequent slow trot back on Defense

Haakon24 and Shen-O repped this.
  8. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain

He has to get credit for his form since coming back from injury.

Forzaabruzzo, Java65, Oban14 and 5 others repped this.
  9. muptonfish

muptonfish Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    BTW where is @GamE_Ove12? Oh wait this was a Roma win so zero chance he will post

10. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    I’m done slandering SES. He isn’t a strong player , but he isn’t weak either. He’s just average. His wages are about equal to his ability. Doesn’t have drama surrounding him. Pretty healthy for the most part. Respectful character.

He’s a reliable player. Would be better if we had someone who was a stronger player than him though.

Midfield General, Shen-O and shiboboo repped this.
  11. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He has the perfect role for him (and the club) here.

Oban14 and Shen-O repped this.
  12. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Karsdorp has been massive. Hope Florenzi is ok with coming on as a late game RW.

Awesome result to get before heading into the CL.

Damn it feels good to get back in the W column, even if it is just Chievo. DAJE!!!

13. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Paying Florenzi 6m a year in wages to ride the bench is criminal.

Oban14, Shen-O and Midfield General repped this.
  14. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Paying him 6m to get toasted down the right flank by mediocre players and put in bad crosses is even more criminal.

TifosoRoma, decola, La Magica and 4 others repped this.
  15. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Knew we’d win, well done boys.

Also never understood the dislike for SES even when he’s not in the greatest shape. We will never afford a better rotation player who won’t complain.

16. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Post game EDF was asked if Olsen was in doubt for Porto. He said between Manolas and Olsen there is more doubt in Olsen. He'll know more by Monday.

17. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Way too early to say, but I hope we never seen Olsen in a Roma shirt again.

18. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What a nice feeling to see them keep a clean sheet for once without our best cb and gk playing.

Tbh, the criticism has been fair on Kolarov, although I don't agree with the insults, we shouldn't forget he's a defender first and has played all his career as a LB. So the errors he's made vs Atalanta and Fiorentina can't be defended with "he's an attacking full-back." Florenzi, bar the insults is getting the same treatment from the fans after playing so poorly.

Haakon24 repped this.
  19. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    And some members here said we should sell Dzeko and rely on Schick, I've never seen such a passive player in the attack.

20. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Like any player, he's not above reproach. Yes he makes mistakes but I made my point. He's an attacking fullback first and foremost and is generally competent defensively. He's getting on a bit now and cost a mere 5 mil, so I mean, what the fcuk do you want from him in that context? In that context I don't believe he is a fair target. You see I like to take everything into account when I judge a player, like anyone should if they're interested in being fair. Besides the fact that I think Kolarov is honest in the sense that he genuinely does his best out there for the most part. You want a LB who busts a gut going up and down the pitch and is good at it too? Yeah no, we cant afford that player, whoever it is.

People wanted Luca P to play instead of him. The kid is now at Cagliari trying to get some playing time and rightly so. So who doesn't know what the fcuk they're talking about? I know who my moneys on.

21. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  22. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    decola and shiboboo repped this.
  23. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
  24. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That's good news , Schick is useless in attack and Zaniolo wont contribute less Defensively and surely will contribute more offensively. playing Daniele Nzonzi and Cristante would give you a very aggressive midfield and that's a good things with our back line abilities.

25. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last 2 games just might be the best he's played since coming to Roma.