MD22: Roma vs Milan (February 3rd, 2019)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Him and the team looked Ike waking disasters when they won 4 out of 5 games with the loss being a good performance against Juventus? :rolleyes:

2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    #177 Salmeen10, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    I was expecting us to beat both Atalanta and Milan. With DDR back we are easily a top 3 team. Everyone has improved recently, even Fazio is not half as bad as he was earlier this season, he even created a great chance for Zaniolo and he picked a good pass that lead to the goal.

However, it seems like I underestimated how bad our GK is. With a good GK we would be above Inter right now, with Alisson we would be pushing Napoli.

I know people think I’m exaggerating, but he really is dragging this team down. Yes Pellegrini ********ed up, but Pellegrini ran his ass off for 90 minutes, created chances and hit the post, what the hell has Olsen done?

He doesn’t participate in build up, he doesn’t cover his team mates against long balls and he doesn’t command his box and catch crosses. The least I expect him to do is to stop weak ass shots from going in, but no, apparently that is too much to ask.

I don’t expect people to see the indirect ways he is hurting our possession game(players can’t pass him the ball) and our spacing ( they are terrified of long balls), but saving shots like Piatek’s, the 2 goals against Atalanta or the 2 goals against Torino is the least he should do. Everyone looks much worse than they really are because of him.

For ******** sake, he is 3 meter tall and somehow losses air duels to attackers, how the hell is that even possible?

TifosoRoma, shiboboo and TwistedJester repped this.
  3. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    draw against Fiorentina , lost to Udinese , draw against Inter , draw against Caligari , lost against Juventus , lost against Madrid , lost against Plzen...

4. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Are you just listing random losses? Before the Fiorentina game we were on an unbeaten run

5. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    You’re usually a level headed poster, but what you’ve written is crazy. He’s bad but you’re using Olsen as the scapegoat for everything wrong with this team, really?

Our entire defense is catastrophic, to put that all or mostly on the GK and saying we’d be pushing Napoli without him is batshit insane.

Big Bad Wolf repped this.
  6. tomer48

tomer48 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    lol , Im listing the losses where Schick has played instead of Dzeko as the main striker , before the Fiorentina game Schick was sitting on the bench .....

LordNelson repped this.
  7. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This is why I asked @Salmeen10 did Olsen do him a serious wrong or something. To lay of all our woes on the big Swedes door is, erm, a bit harsh to say the least.

Haakon24 repped this.
  8. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    You just don’t know what the GK is supposed to, you might wanna go check some of our games last year to grt an idea.

40+ successful run outs in the league last year for Alisson, 6 in 21 games for Olsen. That is clearing ball played behind the defence when its very dangerous.

9. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You have been spoiled by Alisson, that's all. With a 'normal' keeper, the deficinecies of our defenders get exposed more often. Olsen is not making our defence look worse than it really is. Our defenders are just not that good, all except one.

10. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

Dude, we've conceded 13 goals in our last 4 games. Olsen has been awful in 2019.

11. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I was very pro-Olsen, believe me. But he’s just a liability.

Doesn’t come off his line, ever. Isn’t good at closing angels. Only time he makes a great save it’s just pure reaction.

Look at the end of the game, he came way outside the 18 to collect a ball that he was never going to make it to and nearly collided with one of our defenders.

There are keepers that are miles better than Olsen that we could get.

12. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is it just me , but the pro-Schick and Olsen groups are also all mega huge Monchi and Pallotta fans ? Coincidence ? perhaps and perhaps not.

Seriously, Olsen is not the only problem, but.... he is one BIG problem. Sorry, with the goals scored against him this year he should have done alot better with at least 50% of them. Do we have to post videos of his Robo dance a few weeks ago ? Anyone defending him, I assume just aspires to be our " PSG-Lovers " disciple.

13. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes, I'm aware that Olsen has been worse recently, but my point stands. All our defenders, apart from Manolas, are shit individually, and that also contributes to the leaky defence. Blaming everything on Olsen is confirmation bias. Like someone here said recently, people have an agenda against certain players and it's always their fault for anything that happens.

That doesn't mean that I'd be opposed to signing another keeper in the summer. In addition to that, I think it would be a good idea if Monchi stopped cheaping out on random defenders, because they've all been terrible.

Forzaabruzzo and Haakon24 repped this.
  14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Yes, Suso was offside when Kessie played him the ball.

ErPupone repped this.
  15. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If that's true surely the inverse of your statement is true (which you are a good example of)

Forzaabruzzo and Haakon24 repped this.
  16. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No, I am purely objective. I have to be, as the greatest ever legend.

17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was able to watch the game yesterday. Overall it was a pretty good performance, it was nice to see they didn't fold after giving up the goal.

Karsdorp is really starting to show something. He still has a loooong way to go defensively, but offensively he's starting to show his skill.

I know we can't afford it but I'd be ok if we completely rebuilt our front. Nobody played terrible but they are all pretty damn average most of the time.

My God Olsen, what can you say about him. As bad as GK as we have had in the past I'm not sure I've ever seen any GK as uncomfortable or unsure about what they are doing than him. He randomly picks times when he's going to leave his line with no real conviction. I know our CB need upgraded but for me if you have a GK that can't organize, who doesn't have the other players trust, who is indecisive.. you are going to continue to have defensive issues. If you don't fix the GK situation it's a waste of money to buy CB.

Just hand Zaniolo a 2.5 mil contract now.. that kid is unreal. As one who complained about selling Radja I'm happy to say we got the best of that deal because this kid is just special.

Overall a good game and a great response from the team. It was great to see them step up their game when they went behind

18. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Respect to Radja, but Radja for Zaniolo plus cash was the deal of the century. What a steal that was.

Karsdorp is the future for us, we need him to stay fit and improve. I don’t know what’s happening to Florenzi, he’s becoming a liability. I never thought he was a star, but he had a good run between March and Sept of 2018. Now he just looks like he doesn’t belong on that pitch.

DDR, what can you say. I’ve been fighting people saying he’s finished since 2012, in 2019 I finally don’t have to do it. Even the twitter contingent realised how important he is to this team. Last time he was on the pitch we were leading at Napoli and playing as equals, yesterday we played to the same level. Lets just pray his knee holds.

wm72, Shen-O, Haakon24 and 5 others repped this.
  19. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    So what you are saying is Mongo should buy Tonali

wm72 and Salmeen10 repped this.
  20. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder, more hoping if I'm honest, the loaning Pellegrini to Cagliari is a precursor to a deal for Barella. :barefoot:

21. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is Doni still alive ? Maybe he can help us out.