MD22: Roma v Sampdoria - deja vu (January 28th, 2018)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Java65, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Under looks like a potentially great talent to me. So, we'll probably do something daft and sell him to an EPL team for 20 million in June.

I'm joking though, I don't really see that happening. He was very unlucky not to get his first goal last night. The handball shot looked to be heading in (cant be certain though as we didn't get a replay of the necessary angle), which would have been a great finish. The shot off Viviano's face was just unlucky. 4 or 5 inches up, left or right and it's a goal.

I think we need to see more of Gerson too. He has been underused in my opinion. No disrespect to young Antonucci, but bringing him on ahead of Gerson is a bit of a kick in the teeth for the Brazilian.

wm72, Andreas, shiboboo and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Hustle and Flo

Hustle and Flo Member+

May 20, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, I think we need to give him a solidified position to develop in.

Also, EDF has somewhat done the same thing as Spalletti , in that he wouldn't see the field for long stretches and then we throw him in against top competition cold. He's obviously playing much more under EDF , and that's positive , but I'd like to see EDF either use Gerson as a possesion-keeping RW or use him as a creative 8 against lower shittier teams for a stretch.

Under has looked good , but we're in dire need of final product at the moment.