MD15: Cagliari v Roma (December 8th, 2018)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Dec 6, 2018.

1. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Monchi is a buffoon. Nothing more to say.

Henchag and LordNelson repped this.
  2. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You sound like our very own " PSG-Lover " himself, with those pathetic excuses.

Even though our " Zeman-lover " is making some horrific and somewhat childish errors, it is very difficult for me to give him completely the blame. A coach is only so good as his players. Apart from a few clueless American Heroes fans here, this squad is at best a 7 / 6 placed team .A draw away today, can been seen as an acceptable result. Selling our not great midfield but a decent one, has been his biggest mistake. Helping our direct rivals in the process.

The humiliation that he has put this club through, will of course have its toll on the team. Do not get me started on how Liverpool got absolute bargains on Salah and Alisson. He should have been sacked for that alone.

3. muptonfish

muptonfish Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    a positive thought from today, I thought Cristante was very good today

TwistedJester, shiboboo and Java65 repped this.
  4. HeadBurn3r

HeadBurn3r Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Novi Pazar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Why don’t they go for Jardim? :( Attractive style of play, won Ligue 1 with Monaco and left PSG behind, took Monaco to CL semis, gives youth a chance. Fits the profile!

Java65 repped this.
  5. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    That’s the obvious choice, if they don’t go after him then its probably because they can’t land him.

shiboboo repped this.
  6. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    So what trophy you get for 87 points? How did we do in CL that season? We also looked just as bad, and at times WORSE
    under both LE and Zeman.

7. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'd trade the current sh*t-show for a 2nd finish behind Inter Ranieri-like season any day of the week.

We are currently worse than Milan of Gattuso and Lazio of Lotito, and the ********ing Torino. Let that sink in.

8. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the only criteria for measuring success is a trophy? If this continues we won't be getting CL money next season which means more big sales, making it harder to get into the CL the following season... it's a snowball effect.

Under Enrique and Zeman this club was in a much worse financial situation. Currently we are comparable financially to Inter, ACM and Napoli so our expectations and performance should be higher than under those two.

9. muptonfish

muptonfish Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    An unpopular opinion, EDF should stay unless Conte can be convinced to come (unlikely). A CL spot is a long shot currently, play the kids, let them develop, see what happens
    Montreal or Sousa don’t strike me as a long term options

Haakon24, Shen-O and whill4 repped this.
  10. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Montella and Sousa are lateral moves at best. Jardim or no change imo

11. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That result should be the final nail in the coffin for EDF. I am not saying it should or shouldn't be but I think that result will start the wheels at the club in motion to find a new manager if they haven't already.

12. Lameelaa

Lameelaa Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Looked at the score when i woke up to be honest, wasn’t even upset, kind of expected something like this. Reminds me of Garcia’s last moment with us.

13. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    100% I'm a huge fan of Jardim. I've backed EDF almost the entire way , but I dunno what I can say to defend him on this one. I didn't watch the match , but I think I get the picture. If we bring in Jardim , I wouldn't be that upset at all. Montella or another Italian manager that gets recycled around Europe , I probably would be.

This was always going to be a transitional period , moving out the old core and bringing in an influx of youth , but I don't think anyone thought it would be this bad.

Rebuilding on the fly and making top 4 isn't an easy task , but it's certainly doable.

I dunno. With the injuries piling up , I'm sympathetic , but you just cannot have results like this one. You just can't. 2-0 up with 9 men... I mean, c'mon. That said, without witnessing why it happened , I'm just going to assume our usual suspects did dumb shit.

14. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You overlook that in 2011 when the Americans took over the club they inherited a squad that had suffered almosta decade of under-investment and it took two years to make it competitive again, which is no mean achievement.

Meanwhile, Monchi took over a squad which had not finished outside the top three for 4 straight seasons and he had available resources unparalleled in the club's history.

Monchi has failed spectacularly. It's the blinking obvious.

15. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And hope for the best? No thanks!

I prefer expectation to hope.

16. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We weren't 2-0 up vs 9 men. We played for a minute against 9 men and we were leading 2-1 when they got two red cards and after Olsen played the goal kick Cagliari managed to win the ball back put a through ball that beat our high defensive line and score. Don't know how much we can blame EDF for that goal, when we had all our starters in defence.

Shen-O, whill4, muptonfish and 3 others repped this.
  17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No, it was 11 v 11 at 2-0. They built pressure and rightly got a goal. Deep into injury time they got a double red for arguing with the ref over a challenge on Olsen who appeared to get hit on the head. Some say he was playing up, I don't know. Play gets restated but game over right, 1 minute to go. Hail Mary through ball from Cagliari and Manolas is caught reaching badly. Sau is cool as ice. Could Olsen come of his line, it's an issue but for me he's not the number 1 blame here. 99 times out of 100 manolas cuts that out and were talking today about building on 3 points.

Haakon24, shiboboo and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  18. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Gotcha.

I'll try to find the full match somewhere, even though it will probably piss me off.

19. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me the bigger issue is, once again, we cannot play 90 mins of football. It's not simply one mistake and we drop points.. that was coming the entire second half.

First half we are playing fantastic and should cruise to a win. Second half we are dominated. Happens nearly every game.

20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The first goal was coming. The second was not and was purepu an individual mistake that has cost us.

21. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    1071752860868755457 is not a valid tweet id

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

22. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired