MD14: Genoa v Roma (November 26th, 2017)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I feel the worst for the guys who bust their hump to get out of their slump and still just spin wheels. Defrel is having a bad time. He's not comfortable at all when he's dribbling. It took Schick about ten seconds to do more on the dribble than Defrel has done all season.

shiboboo and Java65 repped this.
  2. Rimvis

Rimvis Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Lithuania
    Come on guys, everything would have been fine, if we walked on the pitch with the right attitude, and that's not scoring one goal, because one goal doesn't give you certainty about the match ending if you make one critical error. We're talking about Roma, which is way bigger and stronger, than Genoa, but when your attitude is shitty and super striker lazy, you just got what you deserve and we deserved this.

To be neutral, it should be shown at least yellow card to Schick for fault against Perin. Fazio was talking really a lot, so we're lucky he didn't get second yellow. DDR made a terrible mistake, but everything would have been fine, if we had scored more than one goal. Attacking force today was really weak. You never know you'll win or not if your aim is just score once.

3. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I like Di Francesco but what the hell was he thinking when he requested Defrel.... my god. 20 milion thrown away.

4. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    How can you possibly trust someone to be the captain of your team when he regularly pulls that kind of bullshit? De Rossi precipitated the meltdown against Porto a year ago and has now made us lose 2 points that could prove crucial in a Scudetto race that is very much open. If it had been just the shirt pull, it would have been 'only' a penalty and a yellow. But no, he had to add in that slap, to make sure it's a red. What did Lapadula do to him to deserve that punishment, all at Roma's expense? And then he finishes it off with a dive to try and save face. Someone should remind him there's VAR now and he won't get away with shit like that any more. And those are only two entries in a list of such examples where De Rossi has dragged the team down with his dumbass antics. In my eyes, he is a loser and a part of the problem with Roma's fragile mentality. He absolutely does not deserve the captain's armband and, if there's any justice, he has just played his final minutes as captain of AS Roma. There's just no way he can be trusted to be the captain, and if he doesn't like that, then maybe he should have a go at the MLS. He's always wanted to try his luck there anyway.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Florenzi, Ninja, and Fazio for captain. Even Dzeko. Might give him a little boost. All play with the right attitude every game.

7. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    De Rossi was overdue for a drunk performance. I'm just glad it was for a game I couldn't wake up for in time to see.

But really needed the three points here. Our schedule is about to be super congested, and now we probably need to be perfect to stay with the pack until January.

8. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm not sure Dzeko plays with the right attitude every game. The others, yes.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You watch either a team in NY or LA will make a play for DDR come January. The captain of the future will have lasted 6 months!

10. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just a forgettable match this one. Whilst nobody was terrible, nobody exactly played well either. Pitch was crap (no surprise there of course), ref did us no favours. Need to nip this little bad spell in the bud now with a good win on Friday.

11. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imagine saying "fcuk" to a dude who has represented his club over 400+ times while 1) never complaining about the spotlight only being on Totti most of the time or 2) never bailing on the team after some disheartening seasons??????

Roma fans are so damn emotional. Mama mia.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/may/25/serieafootball-acmilan

12. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    De Rossi knows he is not in Totti's world in any way, shape, or form. That's why he's never mentioned anything about spotlight, because he knew he didn't deserve it. And still doesn't.

What has Totti done for Roma?
    What has De Rossi done for Roma?

Midfield General repped this.
  13. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not even our " American Heroes " could do anything about the lunacy of De Rossi. I do not think he should be stripped of his captaincy but he should be slapped on the bench till January........

Any chance of the Scudetto were nothing more then a faint dream anyway.

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't see the point in benching him. What's a month off going to do, stop the rushes of blood to his head? If he had the capacity to think twice in that situation he would have done it. You're not going to teach him away from impulse now.

ErPupone repped this.
  15. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I know. Imagine saying fcuk to a guy who has cost us countless points over the years and arguably cost us champions league last year. I'm beyond over the excuse making for this guy. You want to continue on with it? Fine but don't cry when Roma yet again win fcuk all because this asshole has the emotional capacity of a 13 year old girl. So not only fcuk him but double fcuk him. I'm begging him to please go to MLS at the end of this season because I've officially had enough.

PS It's not lost on me that Totti was never able to win another Scudetto once this moron was brought up to the senior squad.

PSS Triple fcuk him.

16. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who do I trust to gauge DDR's quality... the countless managers who selected him first or second internationally on the team sheet for his club and country, or some person on the internet who says he stinks???

He made an awful mistake, it 100% should be talked about. You act like he has added nothing to club... just negative.

ErPupone repped this.
  17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    DDR had his years but all good things come to an end. Unless he switches to sweeper/stopper, with the position he plays, 34 isn't all that young anymore.

18. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quadruple fcuk him.

19. Lameelaa

Lameelaa Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I don't understand why ddr would even pull the shirt of lapa, ddr is 10x stronger than that kid

Midfield General repped this.
  20. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Benching DDR for an extended period makes no sense and wont happen. However he has to be held accountable for his actions and punished accordingly. There are no excuses for what he did. No player should be carrying on like that, especially not a captain. Stripping him of the captaincy till say, the new year, seems fair to me.

21. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Strip captaincy for a while and fine him a large amount.

22. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTH is all this nonsense that DDR "made a mistake"? He didn't make a mistake! A mistake is a late challenge that get you a card. A mistake is misplaced pass that gets turned into a counter attack. A mistake is putting the ball over the bar on a PK.

What DDR did was stupid and it was premeditated. What he did was akin to Suarez biting Chiellini or Zidane headbutting Materazzi. The reality is it was nothing short of assault and it was selfish.. it was no mistake.

24. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's that thing about the old guard culture in the locker room for the club. What's that saying someone had about Trigoria? Some people want the nobel prize for working hard in training?

There needs to be some accountability. I don't necessarily support some swift, rash example to be made out of DRR, but if EDF wants him to answer the bell, and he resists, I fully support him taking more drastic action. We have actual leaders of men waiting to take the reigns.

Vulpinous, Shen-O and Java65 repped this.
  25. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shen-O repped this.