MD12: Roma vs Sampdoria (November 11th, 2018)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I guess it is a trend over here to hate the guy.

He is a team player who places passes to his teammates creating chances and keeps the attack flowing. Schick's goal for eg. He drops back and defends almost always.

As you said, top goalscorer domestically too.

I honestly stopped talking about SES on the forums for months now, knowing the attitude of some of the members here and just skip through the negative comments.

He is still my current favorite player in the team and will always support him.

forza venti and Forzaabruzzo repped this.
  2. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Seems like he got a voice message from him on WhatsApp.

3. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's just enjoy a great win and congratulate all the players. We can rip them tomorrow.

forza venti repped this.
  4. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    SES was not brought here to be a starting LW. He is just fine as a rotation player who has a good defensive work rate and doesn’t seem to moan and cause drama when he is on the bench. He is also Italian and contributes to our quotas without just being a nobody who wastes a spot on our bench

5. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    In a nutshell. He is who he is and you basically take the negatives with the positives. All things considered, we are getting a fairly good (or at least fair) return on investment for him

forza venti and Java65 repped this.
  6. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Cristante's best Roma game by far. Finally showing some signs of what he could be.

Schick wasn't great really but worked harder than Dzeko likely would have and we were probably the better for it. He did well on the goal. Dzeko very very rarely moves to the near post (his off the ball movement generally being piss poor) so I doubt very much he'd have been in that position (ie the best one) to convert that.

JJ will never be as strong as Fazio in the air of course, but it has got to be at least a toss up between those two at this stage. I'm not sure Fazio's aerial prowess is reason enough to pick him ahead of JJ at this point.

7. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Kluivert needs to start every game going forward.

8. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Why has Under barely played this week, anyone know?

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with most of the comments that have been made.

I have been critical of Schick in the past, but he really looked like a class player today with his technqiue and movement, no suprise they eventually combined to put him in the right place to superbly finish that fine left-sided attack between SES and Kolarov. Such a pity he was injured; hopefully he will recover to start after the break: he needs minutes badly.

SES - while sometimes lacking consistency - is a class player and I hope we renew his contract.

JJ while lacking the class to be a top-quality CD is having a good season and becoming a reliable deputy, but I still think we urgently need a new strating quality CD, preferably in January.

While we took a while to find our feet today, in the end it was a positive performance. The challenge now is to keep it going after the break.

forza venti and Java65 repped this.
  11. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I forgot to say that Kluivert is a potential superstar.

12. HeadBurn3r

HeadBurn3r Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Novi Pazar
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    2 goals aside, I think SES had an average game at best. Did nothing on that side, no grinta, just running around, giving meaningless passes and being outmuscled by everyone. I wouldn’t renew his contract if he continues to play like this.

13. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Any win against a team that has been humiliating us for years now; will be taken. Despite huge fudamental and long-term problems with this squad - at least it seems our Zeman-lover has found how the team can score and create chances.

Quite funny, how some people would still prefer to play Iturbe 2.0 and that big lump of lard Pastore then SES. SES the same guy who scores two goals and has a massive part in an other. Do not get me wrong, he is and never will be a great player - but the squad as the whole is around his level.

Think it is this weird thing that members seem to have here - unhealthy feelings towards our PSG-Lover.

14. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    IMO, SES is our new Marco Delvecchio.

Lo. Pellegrini though, he's making the team click and I can't wait to see a midfield of Pastore-DDR-Pellegrini start a game.