May file Lawsuit against BS

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by baszdmeg, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    when you read the message "you have given too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later" you read "you have neg repped too much like a little bitch that you are for the last 24 hours, try again later...........border hopper"

i fact i think you count down the hours till you can neg rep and get off on it.

2. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It'll be the first thing I do by Monday, if I'm not able to get to you, Tuesday at the very first hour you should get your prize. I'll write it down so I don't forget.

[​IMG]

I do get off on it, but more when I read you girlish comments complaining about the rep. It's hilarious watching uclacharles blood pressure rise to the extreme when he sees a red rep. :D

3. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have to say, I did find that post amusing.

4. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I almost neg repped you for saying that :(

5. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was more the To Do list concept than the actual repping process that I found funny.

6. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ah ok, I see how two females can relate.

7. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Sue the bastards blind!

8. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can recommend the lawfirm of Dewey, Cheatem & Howe.

9. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget to bring up attendance as the reason why San Jose doesn't have a team anymore. You can set your clock to how long it takes Goodsport to home in on that shiznit. It's literally a phenomenon of nature.

10. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously...if you have a red nipple on an account that's all of three months old, then you prolly aren't the kind of guy who should be pointing fingers aboutwhat's good and bad behavior on an internet message board.

11. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Sooooo, was a lawsuit filed?

I feel like I'm watching Gerardo and Truman Capote's vault.

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My attorney is on stand-by in case I get slapped for revealing that the thread starter "has been knocked by other members." So far, nothing.

Of course, his lawyers might be biding their time. They know that if they wait until my attorney knocks off the quart of rum I'm paying him, it will be easier to reach a settlement in their favor.

13. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    hahahahahahaahahahahah

mc, ucla, and kesone.... you guys crack me up... everywhere you go... yall go at each other... HHAHAHAHA

14. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    BTW,

has a public internet forum ever been sued?

better yet, can a online user sue another online user taking into consideration they do not know each other, where they live, etc?

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The forum?? perhaps.
    The individual user(s)? Absolutely. If someone posts a threat against someone else (even if it's not acutally intended as such), that user could very much be sued.

I'm not sure, but if you post an article in it's entirety, that might be a sueable offense. Essentially, you're taking someone else's words and acting like they're your words. What you're supposed to do (and I actually haven't seen this on other forums), is copy a paragraph or two, and link to the rest.

16. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, I think that it would be a stretch to acutally go through with a lawsuit, let alone to win it.

I dont think quoting full articles is any kind of offence, provided you clearly give full credit to the author / publication, which most of the time is done in the form of quoting and links to the article. I too usually wont post a FULL article, just a paragraph and then link up the rest, but still. I think if someone clearly gives credit to someone else, that isnt any sort of copyright infringement / plaigerism at all.

17. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Worst case scenario, taking an article w/o attribution is plagiarism, of course.

However, as I understand it, quoting the whole article gets into intellectual property issues, even if you give full credit. You're taking something posted on, say, the New York Times' website, and reproducing it on yours. If you do that, you're taking away web traffic that pays for the work to write the original article. But if you link, on the other hand, then the people who are paying the person who wrote the article are getting some web traffic.

18. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is foolishness. BS cannot be held liable for what the users post.

I was a this one forum that posted a link to a website's live chat, and this website was barraged by the users playing jokes on the attendants on the live chat, causing their company tons of wasted time and they eventuall took down the live chat capability on their website.

Now, the forum admin received a legal threat from the website owner, and he proceeded to post the email in the forum making fun of the guy. Then the forum users googled the guys pics and posted them and proceeded to mock and make fun.

Now dont get me wrong, that thread should be stopped and rules should exist, but the lawsuit seems like a joke to me. Not that the guy is joking, but the notion of filing a lawsuit is laughable.

but I could be wrong.

19. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Battle cry of modern man
    "I'LL SUE YOU!!!!"

20. Warwick the Warlock

Real Madrid
    Jun 12, 2006
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    At least baszdmeg has not let a little thing like threatening a lawsuit prevent him from stopping by everyday and posting on BS's many forums.

21. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    I have a question for Huss.What if the thread starter and his "attorney" ask for the identities of the offending posters so that they can sue the individuals?Would you reveal them?Or would BigSoccer go all the way to Supreme Court?

22. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    they would have to get identities from ISPs not BS, BS has no ones identities.

They have IPs and I would hope they wouldnt give that up.

23. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    Yup.ISP was what I meant.

24. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  25. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    BS has already given up IPs under subpoena to the Secret Service. Don't ever operate under the assumption that you post on chat boards anonymously.